[ROM] Aidan ROM [v9] [Netflix] [Prime Video] [Disney+] [S905X-S905W-S912-S905X2-S905Y2-S905X3-S905W4-S922] [Google Play Certified] [ATV 9]

Search This thread

crispaul

Jul 4, 2008
Hi, I was trying your ROM on my Mecool M8S L and installation stops at 7% formatting, then burning tool crashes...

The box doesn't do anything now, no video.
Nevermind... I found the fix for that. It was a conflict with different burning tools versions. Uninstalled them all, deleted the remaining folders and reg keys, and installed just one. Then the burn process was successful.

However, the ROM has some issues in my box: no WIFI and BT don't get any audio when headphones connected, audio still goes through TV.

How did you manage to get the display show boot.... The kernel path sys/class/leds dont have the files for front led

Can you share what you did?

By the way you just need to run Few script to get the front clock working

Honestly, I did nothing... I used the 4.+[v8]+Aidan's+Rom+(A95X+F2)+TGRAM-Souradeep Image file (since my MatrixBox uses the F2 Variant), with USB burn tool 2.2.0 and just ran the image load.. when I booted the box up for the first run, the display just worked, though as mentioned, it only displays "boot" when the box is powered on..

I have very little experience in modding, as I've only been doing this off and on for a few years and I really wouldn't know where to even begin tinkering with scripts and editing the roms.

I would really like to get the clock working again, as well as the remote, but since I myself do not know how to go about it, I'll live with what I can get... lol..

• Love
Reactions: aidanmacgregor

FARIK28

Sep 17, 2021
Hi Aidan! a question for you? Sorry not on the topic, on TV boxes the Allwinneri 616 processor how to reset the Mask rom memory chip? What contacts to short-circuit? If you know help.

Last edited:

FARIK28

Sep 17, 2021
Hi Aidan! a question for you? Sorry not on the topic, on TV boxes the Allwinneri 616 processor how to reset the Mask rom memory chip? What contacts to short-circuit? If you know help.

NullCode

is there a ROM in Aidan's AndroidFileHost that will work on the 3D NAND Variant of the TX3 mini?
Literally the only ROM I could find for this is Alice UX (Tweaked stock ROM) and a REALLY old version of atvXperience

(PS. I've tried every single ROM available for this box until I opened it up and noticed the v1.3
It does work currently but this version of atvXperience is really unpolished and I don't want the stock ROM for this)

Differences from other S905W TX3 Minis:
Realtek Chipset (Possibly bluetooth?)
3D NAND flash

1632031754314.png

eagledipesh

Jan 8, 2011
Project Treble
Google Pixel 6
Honestly, I did nothing... I used the 4.+[v8]+Aidan's+Rom+(A95X+F2)+TGRAM-Souradeep Image file (since my MatrixBox uses the F2 Variant), with USB burn tool 2.2.0 and just ran the image load.. when I booted the box up for the first run, the display just worked, though as mentioned, it only displays "boot" when the box is powered on..

I have very little experience in modding, as I've only been doing this off and on for a few years and I really wouldn't know where to even begin tinkering with scripts and editing the roms.

I would really like to get the clock working again, as well as the remote, but since I myself do not know how to go about it, I'll live with what I can get... lol..
Follow this post https: / / forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/s912/others-aml-s912/firmware-roms-tools-by/809456-rom-android-pie-for-s912?p=823646#post823646

Reactions: Maverick044

Nivan0611

Mar 5, 2014
Hi All / Aidan
Any solutions How-To recover recovery ?
I'm running SLIMBOX on X96 Air P2 S905X3

I tried a update to latest version but the process failed during the format process . . .
luckily the box boots back as normal . . everything works accept i CANNOT get into recovery !!!

ANY SOLUTIONS HOW-TO ?

1) I tried Reset option through settings menu to try to get back to the recovery, but no luck !!!
2) When booting into recovery it just goes straight back into normal operating mode . . .
3) I also tried to Flash the Firmware again but no luck !!! (if i'm correct, i think it cannot find the recovery)

Any HELP will be greatly appreciated (perhaps with Ricky's Customization Tool i can strip the firmware to a level and get the recovery from there . . . but How-To is the question) ?

Also waiting to receive the Recovery from SlimHouse and hopefully i can restore with Recovery Flasher apk

Thanks in advance

truewego

Mar 7, 2018
Hi, Aidan.
My device is X96 Max Plus Q2.
So, I flashed the box with ROM: 7. [v8] Aidan's ROM [S905X3] [ATV 9] (X96 Max Plus 2) 4-32GB [Clock Fix Thanks XDA-asegura074].img.

After flashing, the box work great and run very smooth. WIFI is very strong that I love it so much. But my problem found about Bluetooth issue, my box cannot detect any headphone or other bluetooth devices. I think, may be we need to fixed this rom and release for acxactly Q2 model.

Please advise as soon as possible.
Thanks.

InColdBlood

Sep 13, 2021
It is most likely you installed the wrong version of AMLogic USB Burning Tools, or your image file corrupted.
Where i can find other version? i have tx5pro. I connected the decoder to the computer but the program does not detect it, I also looked for how to connect the two pins together but I don't know which ones. I mean, I don't know what to do, I'm stuck

Joerg1909

Apr 21, 2010
Where i can find other version? i have tx5pro. I connected the decoder to the computer but the program does not detect it, I also looked for how to connect the two pins together but I don't know which ones. I mean, I don't know what to do, I'm stuck
Here are 4 Versions:

InColdBlood

Sep 13, 2021
Here are 4 Versions:
the problem is that the program does not recognize the box, and the firmware I downloaded is for my box, that is, I have a s905x 9377 it does not work. i have a tx5pro that and i can't install anything. I do not know what to do :(

fabuszilard

Jul 11, 2015
Beelink mxiii ii box, [v7.5] (UNIVERSAL) Aidan's ROM [S905X] 1GB 2G

It connects to bluetooth headphones, but playback is intermittent.
What could be the solution?
Thanks.

urimberry

Jan 8, 2012
the problem is that the program does not recognize the box, and the firmware I downloaded is for my box, that is, I have a s905x 9377 it does not work. i have a tx5pro that and i can't install anything. I do not know what to do :(
If your TV Box has multiple USB ports, you need to try all the USB ports one by one.

For examples, My Beelink S912 box has 2 USB ports, only one USB port can be recognized by USB Burning Tools.

InColdBlood

Sep 13, 2021
If your TV Box has multiple USB ports, you need to try all the USB ports one by one.

For examples, My Beelink S912 box has 2 USB ports, only one USB port can be recognized by USB Burning Tools.
In fact, I tried a usb for download. the problem is the drivers, it practically does not recognize the device and therefore usb burner tool does not recognize it automatically. is there a version compatible with these type of decoders?

DeAntman

Aug 18, 2012
Hi People
I have a Nexbox A95x,with as per attached pics.
Could you peps let me know which version of firmware I could us?
Thanks in adance

Attachments

• IMG_20210923_181219.jpg
    IMG_20210923_181219.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20210923_181205.jpg
    IMG_20210923_181205.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20210923_181154.jpg
    IMG_20210923_181154.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20210923_181146.jpg
    IMG_20210923_181146.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20210923_171205.jpg
    IMG_20210923_171205.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 50

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    to brighten.png
    Home Screen With Apps
    Screenshot_20210725-010734.png
    ^^^NEW Home Screen, Update From Play Store ^^^
    Screenshot_20210725-010752.png

Preinstalled Apps
    Screenshot_20210712-104107.png

Initial Set Up Screen
    Screenshot_20210712-104128.png

Initial Set Up Screen 2
    Screenshot_20210725-010826.png

About
    Screensaver.png

New Google Dream X Included
    Screenshot_20201116-025413 - Copy.png

Google Play Protect Certified

This is My Android 9.0 Firmware, This Is Based On The Official Mi Box Android TV 9.0 Firmware

This Is A Firmware Port Of The Xiaomi Mi Box Firmware Designed To Run On Other Amlogic Devices

This Firmware Is FAST & STABLE

WARNING: This Is Experimental & Requires Multiple Steps, Please Read About "Mask Rom Mode" To Know How To Recover Your Device If Installation Fails!
    This Has The New Amlogic Kernel And May Not Work On All Device

How To Install

Use USB Burning Tool, See Website

Wait Up To 5 Mins For Firmware To Boot For First Time & Proceed Through Initial Set Up

Enjoy!

-----------------------
    Download!
    >>>> Website Click Here <<<<
    Website Updated March 2022

-----------------------

v9 New Features (17.March.2022)
    BASED ON LATEST MI BOX Official Pie Build 3933
    Security Patch 5.July.2021
    More Games Controller Support
    Moved More to the system
    More Devices
    New Files App
    Rotation App
    More Games Controller Support
    Probably More

v8 New Features (25.July.2021)
    BASED ON LATEST MI BOX Official Pie Build 3595
    Security Patch 5.March.2021
    Low Ram False All Roms
    Forceencrypt Disabled
    Default Volume MAX
    New Bootanimation
    More Debloating
    DPI Set At 320/213
    New Welcome (Thanks AcidIce18)
    No Remote Pair Screen
    More Cleaned & De Bloat
    More Tweaks...

v7 New Features (29.April.2021)
    BASED ON LATEST MI BOX Official Pie Build 3409
    Security Patch 5.January.2021
    Now Includes App Drawer (Non Tv Apps)
    Now Includes File Browser
    Cleaned & De Bloat
    More Tweaks...

v6 New Features (N/A)
    Not Released On This Chip

v5 New Features (N/A)
    Not Released On This Chip

v4 New Features (16.Nov.2020)
    1st Update After OTA Update Available Notification
    BASED ON LATEST MI BOX Official Pie Build 3139
    Security Patch 5.October.2020
    NTFS & exFAT USB Drive Support Added
    Removed Mi Tv Analytics
    Bug Report Sender Removed

v3 New Features
    BASED ON STABLE MI BOX Official Pie Build 2696
    Security Patch 5.April.2020
    New Google Keyboard From Chromecast With Google TV
    New Boot animation
    Enabled 14 Wi-Fi Channels
    Updated Google Play Store
    De Bloat System
    Remove Chromecast
    Remove Google Play Games, Music & Video
    Remove Netflix & Prime Video
    Reduced img Size For Faster Download
    Reduced Install Time
    More Tweaks

v2 New Features
    Created USB Burning tool Image
    New Install Method Now 1 Step Install

v1 Features
    Original Install Method Using base ROM & Update.ZIP

How To Install

Use USB Burning Tool, See Website

Wait Up To 5 Mins For Firmware To Boot For First Time & Proceed Through Initial Set Up

Enjoy!

USB Burning Tool Cant See Device
    if usb burning tool cant detect your device, and you've tried other ports, cables etc then Mask ROM Mode May Be Needed, See Here
    Youtube Unbrick Guide

Netflix wont work from play store
    The TV Version of Netflix needs Widevine Level 1 DRM, This cannot be added to your device with a firmware, Patched Netflix Apk Now Available
    SORRY NETFLIX KILLED THE TV NETFLIX MOD

Use RAVE Or The MOBILE APP

Amazon Prime Wont Work
    A. Like Netflix Install the mobile app, the TV version needs Widevine Level 1

Disney+ No Sound
    A. Fixed Earlier Release

No Root
    There Is No Root In This Firmware Because This Is a User Build (Not User Debug)
    User Build: This Is Like The official Android Tv Devices (Like Mi Box), it does not have root or TWRP, Uses Release Keys and is SELINUX enforced
    Why?
    This Makes More Apps Show Up In The Play Store that didn't show before, (Example: Isp Android TV live tv app, only shows in Play Store On non rooted and SELINUX enforced devices, also the streams in the app do not even play in rooted devices.) And other Apps With Similar Issues On Non Certified Devices....

myCANAL App No Sound...
    See This Post
    TO EVERYONE

updates to S905W & S912 are slow due to not having test devices, makes stability improvements hard to diagnose, wifi improvements should be easier to add without testing and i will do this ass soon as i can, i have been working on a private project in most of my free time so not had a chance to further refine these chips, thanks for being paitent :)
    Is it and Android TV apk, or an apk of the mobile app? Can you share the link to that?
    Android TV apk I will upload the link
    I am still running the s912 Version als Said in page 1 :) any relevant Changes? Maybe changelog? If Not i'll Stick to my Version :) thanks for your hard work!
    ahh forgot to add changelog here put on the s912 & s905w post haha will copy here :)

v4 New Features (16.Nov.2020)
    1st Update After OTA Update Available Notification
    BASED ON LATEST MI BOX Official Pie Build 3139
    Security Patch 5.October.2020
    NTFS & exFAT USB Drive Support Added
    Removed Mi Tv Analytics
    Bug Report Sender Removed

v3 New Features
    New Google Keyboard From Chromecast With Google TV
    New Boot animation