[v9] Aidan's ROM [S905X-S905W-S912-S905X2-S905Y2-S905X3-S905W4-S922] [Android TV 9] [Disney+] [Google Play Certified] [ROOT]

Search This thread

l00ker

May 24, 2007
Can someone please tell me the rom to use for this old mxq pro 4k i pulled out of the closet. i tried figure out if it is a 905w or 905x? i ran cpu-id but it does not tell . it seems to be an original one from 2016 with p201 bootloader

i will attach the pictures.

Please let me know which version of v9 will work on this or which is the best one to use.

Thanks

20220505_231953.jpg 20220505_232110.jpg 20220505_232124.jpg 20220505_232140.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Premky85

Dec 14, 2016
Hi Aidan, is there any chance you could supply us with firmware for JL2101 version of X96 Max Plus? It uses RTL8822CS (Fn-Link 6222B-SRC) radio module with JL2101 ethernet. Linux drivers are obtainable from here: https://www.jlsemi.com/support.html Thanks in advance and keep up the good work :D

SamuEDL

Aug 1, 2011
Aidan Rom won't boot on Tox1 (Encrypted), it gets stuck on the logo of AndroidTV. I flashed it with "USB_Burn _Tool 2.2.0" and used version "[v9] Aidan's Rom (TOX1 Encrypted) (After v1.4) [S905X3] [ATV9]"

l00ker

May 24, 2007
Can someone please tell me the rom to use for this old mxq pro 4k i pulled out of the closet. i tried figure out if it is a 905w or 905x? i ran cpu-id but it does not tell . it seems to be an original one from 2016 with p201 bootloader

i will attach the pictures.

Please let me know which version of v9 will work on this or which is the best one to use.

Thanks

View attachment 5607227 View attachment 5607229 View attachment 5607231 View attachment 5607233

To all i was able to figuare out that my unit is 905 only no w or s so i used Coolios Rom 2.5 and it loaded.

when i find a x or w i will try Adians Rom on it.

Thanks

L.

RenoRainCL

Apr 20, 2022
hello everyone, I have the p281 (Tanix 3 mini A) S9012p wifi card and when loading the ROM via SD everything is fine until it reaches the "androidtv" bootloader screen and it does not finish loading. then update I have done a factory reset and that the ROM initialized from scratch but it still remains stuck in the bootloader. Is there any way to fix that or do I just have to go back to previous firmware and discard this rom because it won't boot?

jacoghi

Sep 24, 2012
Mirabel
Hi, does this rom come with any vulkan libs?
Replying my own question for anybody interested:
YES, it does come with Vulkna libs and they work perfectly with both RetroArch and PPSSPP, performance of the S905X3 is impressive with this rom and libs. The only issue I found so far is that at least my device, HK1 Box (the one with a pink / blue / green top lid) has some bad wakelocks, which make the device turn on / off by itself every now and then, even when it should stay in deep sleep after pressing the power button. By the way, I had to use the Vontar X3 image file, the HK1 image didn't work, device wouldn't boot.

RenoRainCL

Apr 20, 2022
Hello everyone, there is simply no case with the p281 amlogic S905W Rev 1.4 motherboard, the S9012p wifi chip does not work well and those who have this chip, I think the best option is a wifi to rj45 adapter and thus physically patch this problem . I have tried more than 10 different roms and loaded using the SD and cable method, the end result is always the same, the driver crashes and stops working.

germandan

Nov 1, 2014
I was able to pair a xiaomi remote control on a tv box a95x f2 with aidan v9, everything works fine, but when I press the google assistant button the assistant does not listen to me, it stays listening but does not respond to my voice, does anyone know a solution for this? I would like to be able to use my voice to control the tv box.

avidan111

Jul 27, 2020
Which images should I download for the:
  • X96 MAX PLUS 4GB/32GB
  • Beelink Mini MXIII II 2GB/16GB
  • Beelink GT1 (not Ultimate) S912 2GB/16GB
Thank you

matrx10503

Feb 3, 2010
La
Hi Aidan,Thanks for your work.

I have flashed this to 2 of my Boxes.

The X96 Air P2 4G/32GB - the remote doesnt work and i cant use a keyboard on it, so i'll have to revert back.

Mecool M8s Pro + S905X (2GB/16GB) Works OK but no Wifi 9082xs chip. But i also use a EDUP USB WiFI which has a RTL8811AU chipset. that doesnt work either.

X96 Air 100 and P1
On both, confirming this, rom does install and functions properly. Basically 99% of remote controls do not fuction. I have a air mouse/keyboard remote and has same issue as the x96 remote.
So it seems its x96 variant wide issue.

ALSO:
Installed on S912 (X92) everything seems to function, besides the front panel LED display (I think has been mentioned in this thread).

Edit: Before I flashed AidenRom it showed up as the air 100 model if im not mistaken. So I opened it up to confirm some things.....but it has the new/less known AM7256 (BCM4354 packaged?) not the chip that is referred for the air 100 model.
Don't plan on opening the P1 unless necessary.

@andy_marc Edit 2: As far as the Mecool M8s Pro+ try ATVx rom? I have this box also, but unsure of internals.

Last edited:

hillz

Jun 10, 2012
Indonesia
X96 Air 100 and P1
On both, confirming this, rom does install and functions properly. Basically 99% of remote controls do not fuction. I have a air mouse/keyboard remote and has same issue as the x96 remote.
So it seems its x96 variant wide issue.

ALSO:
Installed on S912 (X92) everything seems to function, besides the front panel LED display (I think has been mentioned in this thread).

Edit: Before I flashed AidenRom it showed up as the air 100 model if im not mistaken. So I opened it up to confirm some things.....but it has the new/less known AM7256 (BCM4354 packaged?) not the chip that is referred for the air 100 model.
Don't plan on opening the P1 unless necessary.

@andy_marc Edit 2: As far as the Mecool M8s Pro+ try ATVx rom? I have this box also, but unsure of internals.
I flashed the X96 Air Q100 firmware for my X96 air A100 and the remote works fine, but the wifi doesn't work. How do you get the wifi to work for X96 Air ?

matrx10503

Feb 3, 2010
La
I flashed the X96 Air Q100 firmware for my X96 air A100 and the remote works fine, but the wifi doesn't work. How do you get the wifi to work for X96 Air ?
Ah, the q100 must have the correct mapping? Wouldn't matter though if wifi was bonked and vise versa.
#1 Make sure to open and verify what wifi chip/package is in it since there are 8 revisions I believe now.
#2 Both my airs are now running slimbox (caveat: I had to flash the "x96 max plus a100" version to get wifi, but my P1 model worked correctly the first flash. This is because the air a100 has the newer wifi chip)
My x92 s912 box is running ARom without led display.

hillz

Jun 10, 2012
Indonesia
Ah, the q100 must have the correct mapping? Wouldn't matter though if wifi was bonked and vise versa.
#1 Make sure to open and verify what wifi chip/package is in it since there are 8 revisions I believe now.
#2 Both my airs are now running slimbox (caveat: I had to flash the "x96 max plus a100" version to get wifi, but my P1 model worked correctly the first flash. This is because the air a100 has the newer wifi chip)
My x92 s912 box is running ARom without led display.
I flashed [v9] Aidan's Rom (X96 Max Plus A100) [S905X3] [ATV9].img on my X96 Air A100 and the air remote & wifi work now, thanks for the reply.

matrx10503

Feb 3, 2010
La
In my case, the air remote part worked and selection, but all other functions like up down home return etc. did not on either of my ax96s. But wifi worked.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Did you find any solution? I also thought I'd try the version 8. But it's only available for V2 variant. It's not there for p2
    I can't get root permission I have install slimbox instead of Aidan's ROM.
    mecool km9 which one to download rom?
    Your SoC is:

SoC Amlogic S905X2​

to brighten.png
    Home Screen With Apps
    Screenshot_20210725-010734.png
    ^^^NEW Home Screen, Update From Play Store ^^^
    Screenshot_20210725-010752.png

Preinstalled Apps
    Screenshot_20210712-104107.png

Initial Set Up Screen
    Screenshot_20210712-104128.png

Initial Set Up Screen 2
    Screenshot_20210725-010826.png

About
    Screensaver.png

New Google Dream X Included
    Screenshot_20201116-025413 - Copy.png

Google Play Protect Certified

This is My Android 9.0 Firmware, This Is Based On The Official Mi Box Android TV 9.0 Firmware

This Is A Firmware Port Of The Xiaomi Mi Box Firmware Designed To Run On Other Amlogic Devices

This Firmware Is FAST & STABLE

WARNING: This Is Experimental & Requires Multiple Steps, Please Read About "Mask Rom Mode" To Know How To Recover Your Device If Installation Fails!
    This Has The New Amlogic Kernel And May Not Work On All Device

How To Install

Use USB Burning Tool, See Website

Wait Up To 5 Mins For Firmware To Boot For First Time & Proceed Through Initial Set Up

Enjoy!

-----------------------
    Download!
    >>>> Website Click Here <<<<
    Website Updated March 2022

-----------------------

v9 New Features (17.March.2022)
    BASED ON LATEST MI BOX Official Pie Build 3933
    Security Patch 5.July.2021
    More Games Controller Support
    Moved More to the system
    More Devices
    New Files App
    Rotation App
    More Games Controller Support
    Probably More

v8 New Features (25.July.2021)
    BASED ON LATEST MI BOX Official Pie Build 3595
    Security Patch 5.March.2021
    Low Ram False All Roms
    Forceencrypt Disabled
    Default Volume MAX
    New Bootanimation
    More Debloating
    DPI Set At 320/213
    New Welcome (Thanks AcidIce18)
    No Remote Pair Screen
    More Cleaned & De Bloat
    More Tweaks...

v7 New Features (29.April.2021)
    BASED ON LATEST MI BOX Official Pie Build 3409
    Security Patch 5.January.2021
    Now Includes App Drawer (Non Tv Apps)
    Now Includes File Browser
    Cleaned & De Bloat
    More Tweaks...

v6 New Features (N/A)
    Not Released On This Chip

v5 New Features (N/A)
    Not Released On This Chip

v4 New Features (16.Nov.2020)
    1st Update After OTA Update Available Notification
    BASED ON LATEST MI BOX Official Pie Build 3139
    Security Patch 5.October.2020
    NTFS & exFAT USB Drive Support Added
    Removed Mi Tv Analytics
    Bug Report Sender Removed

v3 New Features
    BASED ON STABLE MI BOX Official Pie Build 2696
    Security Patch 5.April.2020
    New Google Keyboard From Chromecast With Google TV
    New Boot animation
    Enabled 14 Wi-Fi Channels
    Updated Google Play Store
    De Bloat System
    Remove Chromecast
    Remove Google Play Games, Music & Video
    Remove Netflix & Prime Video
    Reduced img Size For Faster Download
    Reduced Install Time
    More Tweaks

v2 New Features
    Created USB Burning tool Image
    New Install Method Now 1 Step Install

v1 Features
    Original Install Method Using base ROM & Update.ZIP

How To Install

Use USB Burning Tool, See Website

Wait Up To 5 Mins For Firmware To Boot For First Time & Proceed Through Initial Set Up

Enjoy!

USB Burning Tool Cant See Device
    if usb burning tool cant detect your device, and you've tried other ports, cables etc then Mask ROM Mode May Be Needed, See Here
    Youtube Unbrick Guide

Netflix wont work from play store
    The TV Version of Netflix needs Widevine Level 1 DRM, This cannot be added to your device with a firmware, Patched Netflix Apk Now Available
    SORRY NETFLIX KILLED THE TV NETFLIX MOD

Use RAVE Or The MOBILE APP

Amazon Prime Wont Work
    A. Like Netflix Install the mobile app, the TV version needs Widevine Level 1

Disney+ No Sound
    A. Fixed Earlier Release

No Root
    There Is No Root In This Firmware Because This Is a User Build (Not User Debug)
    User Build: This Is Like The official Android Tv Devices (Like Mi Box), it does not have root or TWRP, Uses Release Keys and is SELINUX enforced
    Why?
    This Makes More Apps Show Up In The Play Store that didn't show before, (Example: Isp Android TV live tv app, only shows in Play Store On non rooted and SELINUX enforced devices, also the streams in the app do not even play in rooted devices.) And other Apps With Similar Issues On Non Certified Devices....

myCANAL App No Sound...
    See This Post
    TO EVERYONE

updates to S905W & S912 are slow due to not having test devices, makes stability improvements hard to diagnose, wifi improvements should be easier to add without testing and i will do this ass soon as i can, i have been working on a private project in most of my free time so not had a chance to further refine these chips, thanks for being paitent :)
    Is it and Android TV apk, or an apk of the mobile app? Can you share the link to that?
    Android TV apk I will upload the link
    I am still running the s912 Version als Said in page 1 :) any relevant Changes? Maybe changelog? If Not i'll Stick to my Version :) thanks for your hard work!
    ahh forgot to add changelog here put on the s912 & s905w post haha will copy here :)

v4 New Features (16.Nov.2020)
    1st Update After OTA Update Available Notification
    BASED ON LATEST MI BOX Official Pie Build 3139
    Security Patch 5.October.2020
    NTFS & exFAT USB Drive Support Added
    Removed Mi Tv Analytics
    Bug Report Sender Removed

v3 New Features
    New Google Keyboard From Chromecast With Google TV
    New Boot animation