[v9] Aidan's ROM [S905X-S905W-S912-S905X2-S905Y2-S905X3-S905W4-S922] [Android TV 9] [Disney+] [Google Play Certified] [ROOT]

Search This thread

andyfactor

Jan 2, 2014
For those asking - Tested on a YAGALA T95Z Plus (S912/3GB RAM/32GB ROM) box.

The ROM is sleek - Faster and more performant than stock, however, it breaks Ethernet (it isn't detected at all), and Bluetooth is very buggy. The stock remote no longer functions as designed, but a USB remote/keyboard combo can resolve that. Built in LED and clock do not function and are not controllable, but that's understandable.

What's most unfortunate that Netflix doesn't work (as we as other paid IPTV apps) that require Windvine from Android.

I've tried the following ROMs (from ALL UNIVERSAL GENERIC/DDR3 - DDR4):
  • [v9] Aidan's ROM [S912] [ATV 9] [LPDDR3] [LAN1000] (qca9377) (h96 pro. tx9pro 3G..)
  • [v9] Aidan's ROM [S912] [ATV 9] [DDR3 & DDR4] [LAN100]
  • [v9] Aidan's ROM [S912] [ATV 9] [DDR792] [LAN1000] (qca9377) (H96 Pro Plus...)
Really like the look and feel, but since it breaks almost all streaming functionality, it's unfortunately unusable in it current state. Hopefully it will be more compatible in the future.

Tips and workarounds are welcome.

Cheers!

Red Squirrel

Mar 7, 2011
Since my S905X device has only a 2.4Ghz built-in WiFi chip, I used a WiFi USB dongle on CoreELEC to support the 5Ghz. I just discovered this ROM and it works better than CoreELEC with Kodi, but it does not support the WiFi USB Dongle (it's a Realtek RTL8811AU). Is there a way to add support for this dongle?

kkman2012

Mar 28, 2012
I flashed Aidan's ROM [S905X3] [ATV 9] (H96 Max X3) onto the X96 AIR P3 and it works perfectly :)

Is there any hope of multichannel PCM cm working on any of these Android 9 ROM's? All the ROM's I've tried it doesn't work - passthrough does but multichannel PCM works differently.

I was reading something about Google broke it on Android 9 for most devices and apparantly it was fixed in Android 10. I have an old S912 which runs an Android 8 firmware and it works OK on that, but I'd like to get rid of it and have just one box.
I have flashed lot of V9-Aidan's ROM for x96 air and it seems OK but can't input anything so I can't setup the ATV.
Then I flashed V9-Aidan's ROM [S905X3] [ATV 9] (H96 Max X3) onto my X96 AIR P3 and it works remote controller is ok but the wifi is not working.
and the biggest problem is I can't enter recovery mode by push reset on the A/V port.
now I want to try V8-Aidan's but I have no idea how to recover my TV box. Can anyone help me?

jimjack12

Feb 15, 2020
I have flashed lot of V9-Aidan's ROM for x96 air and it seems OK but can't input anything so I can't setup the ATV.
Then I flashed V9-Aidan's ROM [S905X3] [ATV 9] (H96 Max X3) onto my X96 AIR P3 and it works remote controller is ok but the wifi is not working.
and the biggest problem is I can't enter recovery mode by push reset on the A/V port.
now I want to try V8-Aidan's but I have no idea how to recover my TV box. Can anyone help me?
Try this: turn on the box and connect it to the PC via a male - male USB cable. Start the usb burning tool on the pc, open the rom you need to flash and click on start. Install termux from play store and type:
su
reboot update
Waiting without touching anything.
On reboot the flash of the new rom should start

kkman2012

Mar 28, 2012

Try this: turn on the box and connect it to the PC via a male - male USB cable. Start the usb burning tool on the pc, open the rom you need to flash and click on start. Install termux from play store and type:
su
reboot update
Waiting without touching anything.
On reboot the flash of the new rom should start
Thank you but it is not working.
I installed termus (Version 0.118.0).
when I type su it shows "termux no su program found on this device"
when I type sudo reboot update it shows "no superuser binary detected"

Do you know how to get root Permissions?

Nov 2, 2020
Thank you but it is not working.
I installed termus (Version 0.118.0).
when I type su it shows "termux no su program found on this device"
when I type sudo reboot update it shows "no superuser binary detected"

Do you know how to get root Permissions?
You can try the adb method if ethernet works, connect the tv box to the Internet by ethernet, then activate the usb debugging and on the cell phone download the app adb Shell connect to the tv box and enter the command reboot update

clsouza1

Jan 14, 2013
Hello everybody.
First I want to thank Aidan for this wonderful ROM.
Now a question: I have a TX3 Max with the RT8723bs chip and I used version 10.3.+[v8]+Aidan's+ROM+[S905W]+[ATV+9]+(RTL+Bluetooth)+(TX3+TX3+Mini +TX3+Max+ect...).
Now on the two versions of v9 that I tested ([v9] Aidan's ROM (TX3 Mini) [S905W] [ATV9] (ap6330 & 9012p) (CLOCK FIX) and [v9] Aidan's ROM (Tanix) [S905W] [ATV 9]) not all buttons on the remote control work.
How can I copy some file from v8 to v9 so that the control works correctly?
If it is not possible, are you thinking of releasing a fix for this error?
Thanks again!
Ps.: Sorry for the bad english

kkman2012

Mar 28, 2012
You can try the adb method if ethernet works, connect the tv box to the Internet by ethernet, then activate the usb debugging and on the cell phone download the app adb Shell connect to the tv box and enter the command reboot update
yes, it works I can reboot the tv box to Recovery via ADB.
But when it boots to recovery what should I do?
I select reboot to bootloader then it stops at the androidTv screen for very very long time.
my computer can't detect it so I can't use USB_Burning_Tool.
do u have any idea, in this case, how can I flash the new ROM?

Attachments

• 456970.jpg
    456970.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 456969.jpg
    456969.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 20
Nov 2, 2020
yes, it works I can reboot the tv box to Recovery via ADB.
But when it boots to recovery what should I do?
I select reboot to bootloader then it stops at the androidTv screen for very very long time.
my computer can't detect it so I can't use USB_Burning_Tool.
do u have any idea, in this case, how can I flash the new ROM?
On your computer have ready the rom what you are going to use and give it to start with the tv box connected to the usb of the pc as if you were going to install the rom normally, with the tv box on normally and ready everything to install the rom in the app adb of the cell phone write "reboot update" without quotation marks and you should restart the tv box and start the flashing

kkman2012

Mar 28, 2012
On your computer have ready the rom what you are going to use and give it to start with the tv box connected to the usb of the pc as if you were going to install the rom normally, with the tv box on normally and ready everything to install the rom in the app adb of the cell phone write "reboot update" without quotation marks and you should restart the tv box and start the flashing
I did the same thing just like you said. but when I type " reboot update " the USB_Burning_Tool didn't start flashing and the tv box booted to Recovery as attached pic

Attachments

• 456969.jpg
    456969.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 16
Nov 2, 2020
I did the same thing just like you said. but when I type " reboot update " the USB_Burning_Tool didn't start flashing and the tv box booted to Recovery as attached pic
Ok just to be sure everything is correct. Open the usb burning tool program, select the rom to flash and mark only the erease flash options, erease bootloader and press start. Turn on the tv box and connect it to the pc, the program will still not detect it, now on the cell phone connect to adb and write reboot uptade, the tv box will restart and the program should detect it and start the installation, if that does not happen try with different usb ports of the pc and the tv box

When activating the usb debugging sometimes some ports of the tv box stop working, so try with everyone by doing all the previous steps again

Reactions: oldman20
Ok just to be sure everything is correct. Open the usb burning tool program, select the rom to flash and mark only the erease flash options, erease bootloader and press start. Turn on the tv box and connect it to the pc, the program will still not detect it, now on the cell phone connect to adb and write reboot uptade, the tv box will restart and the program should detect it and start the installation, if that does not happen try with different usb ports of the pc and the tv box

When activating the usb debugging sometimes some ports of the tv box stop working, so try with everyone by doing all the previous steps again
i tried with windows 11 and Amlogic T972 but still nothing happen, tried USB_Burning_Tool 217 and 3.2:cry:
Maybe windows 11 is problem? anyone success with windows 11? also Amlogic customization tool 7.1, stuck when repack img

Nov 2, 2020
i tried with windows 11 and Amlogic T972 but still nothing happen, tried USB_Burning_Tool 217 and 3.2:cry:
Maybe windows 11 is problem? anyone success with windows 11? also Amlogic customization tool 7.1, stuck when repack img
Your problem is that it does not open the usb burning tool program? Or if you open it but only does not detect your device?, I have not used windows 11 but verify that you have installed the drivers of your tv box on the pc, use burning tool 3.1.0 version 3.2 usually fails, test that your tv box has a reset button and that it works, try to enter the recovery mode to check it or follow the method by adb, just want to flash the rom? Or also have root access? It also tests different USB ports

Your problem is that it does not open the usb burning tool program? Or if you open it but only does not detect your device?, I have not used windows 11 but verify that you have installed the drivers of your tv box on the pc, use burning tool 3.1.0 version 3.2 usually fails, test that your tv box has a reset button and that it works, try to enter the recovery mode to check it or follow the method by adb, just want to flash the rom? Or also have root access? It also tests different USB ports
my device using long power button to boot recovery, also tried 2 usb port 2.0, nothing happen when adb reboot recovery, im finding the way to root my device

Nov 2, 2020
my device using long power button to boot recovery, also tried 2 usb port 2.0, nothing happen when adb reboot recovery, im finding the way to root my device
So it is the first time you flash with windows 11 or is it the second and you want to load the rom packed with root? If it's the first time maybe you should try another windows

If you are trying to root your device by the unpack and replace recovery method the way to know if it worked is that it will disappear, wanting to enter recovery mode will try to enter but will restart normally already with root, but unfortunately some aidan roms do not manage to root, it has happened to me a few times and I have had to try with others

kkman2012

Mar 28, 2012

I'm sure everything is correct. and also try every USB ports still can't detect my tvbox.
now I download SLIMBOX and use Burn_Card_Maker to create a bootable SD card and it can work to install a new ROM.
Thank for you help.

After installed the new ROM I still can't detect it from my PC by push reset on the A/V port, But at least I can install a new ROM for SD card. if i want to install Aidan's ROM from SD card is there any documents?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Did you find any solution? I also thought I'd try the version 8. But it's only available for V2 variant. It's not there for p2
    I can't get root permission I have install slimbox instead of Aidan's ROM.
    mecool km9 which one to download rom?
    Your SoC is:

SoC Amlogic S905X2​

to brighten.png
    Home Screen With Apps
    Screenshot_20210725-010734.png
    ^^^NEW Home Screen, Update From Play Store ^^^
    Screenshot_20210725-010752.png

Preinstalled Apps
    Screenshot_20210712-104107.png

Initial Set Up Screen
    Screenshot_20210712-104128.png

Initial Set Up Screen 2
    Screenshot_20210725-010826.png

About
    Screensaver.png

New Google Dream X Included
    Screenshot_20201116-025413 - Copy.png

Google Play Protect Certified

This is My Android 9.0 Firmware, This Is Based On The Official Mi Box Android TV 9.0 Firmware

This Is A Firmware Port Of The Xiaomi Mi Box Firmware Designed To Run On Other Amlogic Devices

This Firmware Is FAST & STABLE

WARNING: This Is Experimental & Requires Multiple Steps, Please Read About "Mask Rom Mode" To Know How To Recover Your Device If Installation Fails!
    This Has The New Amlogic Kernel And May Not Work On All Device

How To Install

Use USB Burning Tool, See Website

Wait Up To 5 Mins For Firmware To Boot For First Time & Proceed Through Initial Set Up

Enjoy!

-----------------------
    Download!
    >>>> Website Click Here <<<<
    Website Updated March 2022

-----------------------

v9 New Features (17.March.2022)
    BASED ON LATEST MI BOX Official Pie Build 3933
    Security Patch 5.July.2021
    More Games Controller Support
    Moved More to the system
    More Devices
    New Files App
    Rotation App
    More Games Controller Support
    Probably More

v8 New Features (25.July.2021)
    BASED ON LATEST MI BOX Official Pie Build 3595
    Security Patch 5.March.2021
    Low Ram False All Roms
    Forceencrypt Disabled
    Default Volume MAX
    New Bootanimation
    More Debloating
    DPI Set At 320/213
    New Welcome (Thanks AcidIce18)
    No Remote Pair Screen
    More Cleaned & De Bloat
    More Tweaks...

v7 New Features (29.April.2021)
    BASED ON LATEST MI BOX Official Pie Build 3409
    Security Patch 5.January.2021
    Now Includes App Drawer (Non Tv Apps)
    Now Includes File Browser
    Cleaned & De Bloat
    More Tweaks...

v6 New Features (N/A)
    Not Released On This Chip

v5 New Features (N/A)
    Not Released On This Chip

v4 New Features (16.Nov.2020)
    1st Update After OTA Update Available Notification
    BASED ON LATEST MI BOX Official Pie Build 3139
    Security Patch 5.October.2020
    NTFS & exFAT USB Drive Support Added
    Removed Mi Tv Analytics
    Bug Report Sender Removed

v3 New Features
    BASED ON STABLE MI BOX Official Pie Build 2696
    Security Patch 5.April.2020
    New Google Keyboard From Chromecast With Google TV
    New Boot animation
    Enabled 14 Wi-Fi Channels
    Updated Google Play Store
    De Bloat System
    Remove Chromecast
    Remove Google Play Games, Music & Video
    Remove Netflix & Prime Video
    Reduced img Size For Faster Download
    Reduced Install Time
    More Tweaks

v2 New Features
    Created USB Burning tool Image
    New Install Method Now 1 Step Install

v1 Features
    Original Install Method Using base ROM & Update.ZIP

How To Install

Use USB Burning Tool, See Website

Wait Up To 5 Mins For Firmware To Boot For First Time & Proceed Through Initial Set Up

Enjoy!

USB Burning Tool Cant See Device
    if usb burning tool cant detect your device, and you've tried other ports, cables etc then Mask ROM Mode May Be Needed, See Here
    Youtube Unbrick Guide

Netflix wont work from play store
    The TV Version of Netflix needs Widevine Level 1 DRM, This cannot be added to your device with a firmware, Patched Netflix Apk Now Available
    SORRY NETFLIX KILLED THE TV NETFLIX MOD

Use RAVE Or The MOBILE APP

Amazon Prime Wont Work
    A. Like Netflix Install the mobile app, the TV version needs Widevine Level 1

Disney+ No Sound
    A. Fixed Earlier Release

No Root
    There Is No Root In This Firmware Because This Is a User Build (Not User Debug)
    User Build: This Is Like The official Android Tv Devices (Like Mi Box), it does not have root or TWRP, Uses Release Keys and is SELINUX enforced
    Why?
    This Makes More Apps Show Up In The Play Store that didn't show before, (Example: Isp Android TV live tv app, only shows in Play Store On non rooted and SELINUX enforced devices, also the streams in the app do not even play in rooted devices.) And other Apps With Similar Issues On Non Certified Devices....

myCANAL App No Sound...
    See This Post
    TO EVERYONE

updates to S905W & S912 are slow due to not having test devices, makes stability improvements hard to diagnose, wifi improvements should be easier to add without testing and i will do this ass soon as i can, i have been working on a private project in most of my free time so not had a chance to further refine these chips, thanks for being paitent :)
    Is it and Android TV apk, or an apk of the mobile app? Can you share the link to that?
    Android TV apk I will upload the link
    I am still running the s912 Version als Said in page 1 :) any relevant Changes? Maybe changelog? If Not i'll Stick to my Version :) thanks for your hard work!
    ahh forgot to add changelog here put on the s912 & s905w post haha will copy here :)

v4 New Features (16.Nov.2020)
    1st Update After OTA Update Available Notification
    BASED ON LATEST MI BOX Official Pie Build 3139
    Security Patch 5.October.2020
    NTFS & exFAT USB Drive Support Added
    Removed Mi Tv Analytics
    Bug Report Sender Removed

v3 New Features
    New Google Keyboard From Chromecast With Google TV
    New Boot animation