[v9] Aidan's ROM [S905X-S905W-S912-S905X2-S905Y2-S905X3-S905W4-S922] [Android TV 9] [Disney+] [Google Play Certified] [ROOT]

Search This thread

EdT586

Dec 17, 2021
Do not flash any ROM if you do not have the original full AML ROM for your box that can be flashed back using the Amlogic USB Burning Tool. If your box is already bricked then flashing these ROM is better than having no ROM to flash ! The biggest issue with 3rd party ROMs is proper fuctionality of the Wi-Fi radio, but will work with an Ethernet connection as it doesn't require any drivers in the ROM for it to work.

EdT586

Dec 17, 2021
I'm sure everything is correct. and also try every USB ports still can't detect my tvbox.
now I download SLIMBOX and use Burn_Card_Maker to create a bootable SD card and it can work to install a new ROM.
Thank for you help.

After installed the new ROM I still can't detect it from my PC by push reset on the A/V port, But at least I can install a new ROM for SD card. if i want to install Aidan's ROM from SD card is there any documents?
You can't install an AML ROM straight via the SD card method !
You can try to convert the AML ROM with Amlogic_Burn_Card_Maker_v2.0.3 to a SD Card ROM so you can flash in the Recovery Mode only if the your TV box's bootloader is not corrupted.

Some TV box manufacturers only supply the SD Card version of the ROM <--- Your screwed if your box bricks while flashing
Some TV box manufacturers only supply the AML version of the ROM
Some TV box manufacturers supply both the AML and SD Card version of the ROM <---Best case scenario
Some TV box manufacturers do not supply the stock ROM at all !

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2020
I'm sure everything is correct. and also try every USB ports still can't detect my tvbox.
now I download SLIMBOX and use Burn_Card_Maker to create a bootable SD card and it can work to install a new ROM.
Thank for you help.

After installed the new ROM I still can't detect it from my PC by push reset on the A/V port, But at least I can install a new ROM for SD card. if i want to install Aidan's ROM from SD card is there any documents?
Slimbox is a very good rom, I used it until Aidan's v9 came out. You can continue trying to flash with amlogic burning tool since what slimbox has root and I think that in its settings you can enter update mode, or finally you can try the mask rom method. The rom of aidan I understand is not flashed by sd I do not know if for some risk or is not compatible

Tôi chắc chắn mọi thứ đều đúng. và cũng thử mọi cổng USB vẫn không thể phát hiện hộp tv của tôi.
bây giờ tôi tải xuống SLIMBOX và sử dụng Burn_Card_Maker để tạo thẻ SD có thể khởi động và nó có thể hoạt động để cài đặt ROM mới.
Cảm ơn bạn đã giúp đỡ.

Sau khi cài đặt ROM mới, tôi vẫn không thể phát hiện nó từ PC của mình bằng cách đẩy đặt lại trên cổng A / V, Nhưng ít nhất tôi có thể cài đặt ROM mới cho thẻ SD. Nếu tôi muốn cài đặt ROM của Aidan từ thẻ SD có tài liệu nào không?

Thank for you help.

Your device has sd card slot? If not, can we using usb or sd card reader instead 🤔?
Which file did u use to write into sdcard?

Slimbox is a very good rom, I used it until Aidan's v9 came out. You can continue trying to flash with amlogic burning tool since what slimbox has root and I think that in its settings you can enter update mode, or finally you can try the mask rom method. The rom of aidan I understand is not flashed by sd I do not know if for some risk or is not compatible
Can u explain what's mash rom, sir?

kkman2012

Mar 28, 2012
Can I know the reason why u change to Aidan's v9 ROM?

my device is x96 air
I have tried to install the below ROMS and all of these ROMs after installation I can't type any words vis remote control, USB keyboard, or virtual keyboard.

[v9]+Aidan's+Rom+(X96+Air+P2)+[S905X3]+[ATV9]
[v9]+Aidan's+Rom+(X96+Air+P3)+[S905X3]+[ATV9]
[v9]+Aidan's+Rom+(X96+Air+P4)+[S905X3]+[ATV9]
[v9]+Aidan's+Rom+(X96+Max+Plus+2+4GB)+[S905X3]+[ATV9]
[v9]+ROM [S905X3] [ATV 9] (H96 Max X3)
[v9]+Aidan's+ROM+(H96+Max+X3)+[S905X3]+[ATV 9] (keyboard is ok, but wifi is not working and tv box can't be detected by USB_Burning_Tool )

now the Slimbox ROM seems OK. everything is working the only problem is can't install the Disney+ app.
I don't know which Aidan's Rom I should use. so I think I will keep using Slimbox ROM and find out how to install the Disney+ app.

Nov 2, 2020
Can u explain what's mash rom, sir?
The mask rom method is technically to force the detection of the tv box on the pc, when the tv box does not respond to the reset button or has no way to enter reboot update mode. A short nand pins ascending short circuit but it is not universal, you have to look for the method for your device. I leave you a video that I publish aidan

Reactions: oldman20
Nov 2, 2020
Can I know the reason why u change to Aidan's v9 ROM?

my device is x96 air
I have tried to install the below ROMS and all of these ROMs after installation I can't type any words vis remote control, USB keyboard, or virtual keyboard.

[v9]+Aidan's+Rom+(X96+Air+P2)+[S905X3]+[ATV9]
[v9]+Aidan's+Rom+(X96+Air+P3)+[S905X3]+[ATV9]
[v9]+Aidan's+Rom+(X96+Air+P4)+[S905X3]+[ATV9]
[v9]+Aidan's+Rom+(X96+Max+Plus+2+4GB)+[S905X3]+[ATV9]
[v9]+ROM [S905X3] [ATV 9] (H96 Max X3)
[v9]+Aidan's+ROM+(H96+Max+X3)+[S905X3]+[ATV 9] (keyboard is ok, but wifi is not working and tv box can't be detected by USB_Burning_Tool )

now the Slimbox ROM seems OK. everything is working the only problem is can't install the Disney+ app.
I don't know which Aidan's Rom I should use. so I think I will keep using Slimbox ROM and find out how to install the Disney+ app.
Change from slimbox to Aidan's v9 for being more original, without root and advanced options that could move non-experienced people, however the only thing that made of less is samba what I used to transfer files, when installing the rom of aidan did not work the ok button in any way but solve it by unpacking the rom and replacing vendor.img of the universal rom what if it worked, in my case the universal rom of aidan worked except the reset button and coreelec only detected 1 usb

I am not sure can your device boot from sd card reader?
My device is x96 air, originally it can boot from SD card or USB.
I use Slimbox 15.2 ATV ROM to make a bootable SD card.
Boot option is selectable in setting? And your device has sd card slot?
Gsearch for "nand chip mask rom mode". ;)
Thank u
The mask rom method is technically to force the detection of the tv box on the pc, when the tv box does not respond to the reset button or has no way to enter reboot update mode. A short nand pins ascending short circuit but it is not universal, you have to look for the method for your device. I leave you a video that I publish aidan

Thank so much

basjke

Dec 6, 2014
Chonburi
Would any of these ROM's work on a box with S905X2-B SOC?

The box I have in mind is an OEM from my ISP. It has the same spec as a Mecool KM2, but it isn't a KM2 or a Strong Leap S1, and has widevine L1, and is also Netfix and google etc certified.

I don't mind losing those certifications

eschmelax

May 28, 2022
Greetings Aidan,

thank you very much for providing a great ROM.
I'm using the V7.5 (S905X) version on "Beelink Mini MXIII-II" (2GB RAM / 16GB eMMC).
Everything works fine, except the wifi driver.
LAN is not an option in this case, it has to work over WiFi.

Issue:
------
Box connects over WiFi and obtains IP, but after a while it refreshes and drops it again.
Basically repeats this in a loop, which results in loss of packets and connect/disconnect behaviour.

Request:
--------
Could you please provide a patch or inject the correct wifi-driver into the 7.5 image?
I can provide the original dtb.img from the latest official Beelink firmware (P212), if its helpful.
CoreELEC 9.2.5 works fine, so i'm 99% certain it is a driver issue.
Also, i'm willing to donate some money for your effort via PayPal.

Best regards,
Eschmelax

alfoad33

Jan 28, 2015

hello my brothers

I installed the ROM, I have a Ki Pro device, but how do I open the satellite? I can't find the dtv app

So it is the first time you flash with windows 11 or is it the second and you want to load the rom packed with root? If it's the first time maybe you should try another windows

If you are trying to root your device by the unpack and replace recovery method the way to know if it worked is that it will disappear, wanting to enter recovery mode will try to enter but will restart normally already with root, but unfortunately some aidan roms do not manage to root, it has happened to me a few times and I have had to try with others
first time mate, but i tried many time, only win7 can make it work, in my case!

The_mechanic30

Apr 20, 2022
Anyone using USB_Burning_Tool in Windows 11 correctly? My device Amlogic T972 cant detected in win 11, maybe must do in win10?
Formatted and reinstalled Aidan's Rom V8, on Windows 11 using the tool for my X96 Max Plus! So, can confirm it's working with no issues! Just uninstall and reinstall version 2.2.0 of the tool! Maybe Windows 11 is having problems detecting the drivers! After reinstalling, It detects devices normally!

chucky_rodriguez

May 31, 2022
Hola ! Tengo este TV BOX (DirecTV Go BOX) al que deseo colocarle este firmware, pero no consigo ingresar en modo recovery.
No tiene (o no encuentro) el boton de reset. El boton de Reset NO esta en el compartimiento de AV.
Adjunto a algunas fotos de la placa.
////////
Hello ! I have this TV BOX (DirecTV Go BOX) to which I want to put this firmware, but I can't enter recovery mode.

It does not have (or I cannot find) the reset button. The Reset button is NOT on the AV compartment.

Attached are some photos of the board.

Attachments

• 20220528_144958.jpg
    20220528_144958.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 10
  • 20220524_153143.jpg
    20220524_153143.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 8
  • 20220528_145005.jpg
    20220528_145005.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 10
  • 20220528_145043.jpg
    20220528_145043.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 9
  • 20220528_150655.jpg
    20220528_150655.jpg
    857.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Did you find any solution? I also thought I'd try the version 8. But it's only available for V2 variant. It's not there for p2
    I can't get root permission I have install slimbox instead of Aidan's ROM.
    mecool km9 which one to download rom?
    Your SoC is:

SoC Amlogic S905X2​

to brighten.png
    Home Screen With Apps
    Screenshot_20210725-010734.png
    ^^^NEW Home Screen, Update From Play Store ^^^
    Screenshot_20210725-010752.png

Preinstalled Apps
    Screenshot_20210712-104107.png

Initial Set Up Screen
    Screenshot_20210712-104128.png

Initial Set Up Screen 2
    Screenshot_20210725-010826.png

About
    Screensaver.png

New Google Dream X Included
    Screenshot_20201116-025413 - Copy.png

Google Play Protect Certified

This is My Android 9.0 Firmware, This Is Based On The Official Mi Box Android TV 9.0 Firmware

This Is A Firmware Port Of The Xiaomi Mi Box Firmware Designed To Run On Other Amlogic Devices

This Firmware Is FAST & STABLE

WARNING: This Is Experimental & Requires Multiple Steps, Please Read About "Mask Rom Mode" To Know How To Recover Your Device If Installation Fails!
    This Has The New Amlogic Kernel And May Not Work On All Device

How To Install

Use USB Burning Tool, See Website

Wait Up To 5 Mins For Firmware To Boot For First Time & Proceed Through Initial Set Up

Enjoy!

-----------------------
    Download!
    >>>> Website Click Here <<<<
    Website Updated March 2022

-----------------------

v9 New Features (17.March.2022)
    BASED ON LATEST MI BOX Official Pie Build 3933
    Security Patch 5.July.2021
    More Games Controller Support
    Moved More to the system
    More Devices
    New Files App
    Rotation App
    More Games Controller Support
    Probably More

v8 New Features (25.July.2021)
    BASED ON LATEST MI BOX Official Pie Build 3595
    Security Patch 5.March.2021
    Low Ram False All Roms
    Forceencrypt Disabled
    Default Volume MAX
    New Bootanimation
    More Debloating
    DPI Set At 320/213
    New Welcome (Thanks AcidIce18)
    No Remote Pair Screen
    More Cleaned & De Bloat
    More Tweaks...

v7 New Features (29.April.2021)
    BASED ON LATEST MI BOX Official Pie Build 3409
    Security Patch 5.January.2021
    Now Includes App Drawer (Non Tv Apps)
    Now Includes File Browser
    Cleaned & De Bloat
    More Tweaks...

v6 New Features (N/A)
    Not Released On This Chip

v5 New Features (N/A)
    Not Released On This Chip

v4 New Features (16.Nov.2020)
    1st Update After OTA Update Available Notification
    BASED ON LATEST MI BOX Official Pie Build 3139
    Security Patch 5.October.2020
    NTFS & exFAT USB Drive Support Added
    Removed Mi Tv Analytics
    Bug Report Sender Removed

v3 New Features
    BASED ON STABLE MI BOX Official Pie Build 2696
    Security Patch 5.April.2020
    New Google Keyboard From Chromecast With Google TV
    New Boot animation
    Enabled 14 Wi-Fi Channels
    Updated Google Play Store
    De Bloat System
    Remove Chromecast
    Remove Google Play Games, Music & Video
    Remove Netflix & Prime Video
    Reduced img Size For Faster Download
    Reduced Install Time
    More Tweaks

v2 New Features
    Created USB Burning tool Image
    New Install Method Now 1 Step Install

v1 Features
    Original Install Method Using base ROM & Update.ZIP

How To Install

Use USB Burning Tool, See Website

Wait Up To 5 Mins For Firmware To Boot For First Time & Proceed Through Initial Set Up

Enjoy!

USB Burning Tool Cant See Device
    if usb burning tool cant detect your device, and you've tried other ports, cables etc then Mask ROM Mode May Be Needed, See Here
    Youtube Unbrick Guide

Netflix wont work from play store
    The TV Version of Netflix needs Widevine Level 1 DRM, This cannot be added to your device with a firmware, Patched Netflix Apk Now Available
    SORRY NETFLIX KILLED THE TV NETFLIX MOD

Use RAVE Or The MOBILE APP

Amazon Prime Wont Work
    A. Like Netflix Install the mobile app, the TV version needs Widevine Level 1

Disney+ No Sound
    A. Fixed Earlier Release

No Root
    There Is No Root In This Firmware Because This Is a User Build (Not User Debug)
    User Build: This Is Like The official Android Tv Devices (Like Mi Box), it does not have root or TWRP, Uses Release Keys and is SELINUX enforced
    Why?
    This Makes More Apps Show Up In The Play Store that didn't show before, (Example: Isp Android TV live tv app, only shows in Play Store On non rooted and SELINUX enforced devices, also the streams in the app do not even play in rooted devices.) And other Apps With Similar Issues On Non Certified Devices....

myCANAL App No Sound...
    See This Post
    TO EVERYONE

updates to S905W & S912 are slow due to not having test devices, makes stability improvements hard to diagnose, wifi improvements should be easier to add without testing and i will do this ass soon as i can, i have been working on a private project in most of my free time so not had a chance to further refine these chips, thanks for being paitent :)
    Is it and Android TV apk, or an apk of the mobile app? Can you share the link to that?
    Android TV apk I will upload the link
    I am still running the s912 Version als Said in page 1 :) any relevant Changes? Maybe changelog? If Not i'll Stick to my Version :) thanks for your hard work!
    ahh forgot to add changelog here put on the s912 & s905w post haha will copy here :)

v4 New Features (16.Nov.2020)
    1st Update After OTA Update Available Notification
    BASED ON LATEST MI BOX Official Pie Build 3139
    Security Patch 5.October.2020
    NTFS & exFAT USB Drive Support Added
    Removed Mi Tv Analytics
    Bug Report Sender Removed

v3 New Features
    New Google Keyboard From Chromecast With Google TV
    New Boot animation