[ROM] Aidan ROM [v9] [Netflix] [Prime Video] [Disney+] [S905X-S905W-S912-S905X2-S905Y2-S905X3-S905W4-S922] [Google Play Certified] [ATV 9]

Search This thread

EdT586

Dec 17, 2021
@aidanmacgregor Hi, I have T95Q box with s905x2 Soc. I assume it should work with this rom, but i wanted to confirm with you before i take the plunge. is your rom compatible with T95Q? Sorry if someone has already asked this.

Also, right now I'm running alvatech rom that's built for beelink GT, i can't remember the version name exactly. But it does run on my T95Q okay. However recently I subscribe disney+ hotstar, strangely its app won't work. I wanted to try your rom mainly to get disney+ to work on my box.
Again most of his ROMs will work with an Ethernet connection. If you are using WiFi then you need to check which WiFI module your box uses and pick the ROM that has the drivers for your box's WiFi radio. Most of the IR buttons on your stock remote will not work, but the air mouse buttons will.

vaah

Oct 29, 2014
I do use wifi connection, and i did find t95q version rom image on his file host. But then again, i found out that there is actually 2 difference version of T95Q wifi chip. I think mine is the older revision, i wanted to make sure the rom works for older revision or not..

EdT586

Dec 17, 2021
I do use wifi connection, and i did find t95q version rom image on his file host. But then again, i found out that there is actually 2 difference version of T95Q wifi chip. I think mine is the older revision, i wanted to make sure the rom works for older revision or not..
Make sure you have the stock firmware for your T95Q box first before you try anything. This way you can revert back to the stock ROM if you don't like the new ROM.

vaah

Oct 29, 2014
Make sure you have the stock firmware for your T95Q box first before you try anything. This way you can revert back to the stock ROM if you don't like the new ROM.
Unfortunately i dont have the stock firmware, currently I'm running alvatech rom, if something happens i supposed i can go back to alvatech rom instead of stock firmware right?

EdT586

Dec 17, 2021
Unfortunately i dont have the stock firmware, currently I'm running alvatech rom, if something happens i supposed i can go back to alvatech rom instead of stock firmware right?
If you have another AML based ROM that you can flash with the USB Burning Tool then yes can recover, but if you only have a SD card update type ROM then no.

• Love
Reactions: aidanmacgregor

BloatingRanger

Mar 4, 2021
What would be best rom to flash on my leeibox kingbox k3 s912?
I've tried installing every version of this on a Kingbox K3, but none of them worked. Admittedly this was back on v4 last year, so things may have improved since then. Some of them gave the same error due to RAM during flashing, others were showing a black screen and not booting at all, no matter how much I waited. The only custom ROM I managed to flash on a K3 is Red Poison ATV, for which the WiFi doesn't work, but the IR remote does. I'd like to try out the new version of Aidan's because it looks miles better and see if it improves the poor performance of the box as even with the custom ROM it's very slow and prone to apps crashing, but that will have to wait a few days.

shiqi123

Jul 21, 2011
nanning
Hi, I want to flash v8rom into my Chinese mobile magic box, CPU 905l3a, RAM DDR4 2G, Rom 8g ,WiFi and Bluetooth is UWE5321ds. This 905l3a CPU and 905x2 CPU are similar. so,Which ROM is right for me?

EdT586

Dec 17, 2021
Hi, I want to flash v8rom into my Chinese mobile magic box, CPU 905l3a, RAM DDR4 2G, Rom 8g ,WiFi and Bluetooth is UWE5321ds. This 905l3a CPU and 905x2 CPU are similar. so,Which ROM is right for me?
Don't think any of his ROMs would work with that chipset or WiFi module. Even a S905 chip is not compatible, you need a S905X, S905X2, S905X3 and S912. I guess you can try if you have a copy of the stock firmware to revert back to if these don't work.

• Love

ace_peovski

Sep 26, 2011
First, thank you Aidan for the great work!!!

I have Beelink GT1 Ultimate, S912, LPN1 version, 3GB, AP2655 (pictures in attachment).

I have flashed this rom: "[v8] Aidan's ROM [S912] [ATV 9] [LPDDR3] [LAN1000] (qca9377) (h96 pro. tx9pro 3G..).img" + MAGISK.
Is this a correct rom for my device?

I love this rom and everything is working smooth except:
1. WIFI - any patch for AP2655?
2. Bluetooth - didn't find devices
3. HBO Go ATV - is working but when i play any video the circle in the middle is rotating and video never start.
4. I use CoreElec for my movie library, and sometimes I what to boot from sdcard, but without success. I try apk like "Reboot to LibreElec", device restart but not boot from sdcard, i try terminal emulator with "su" command and "reboot update" command, same...device restart but not boot from sdcard.

If you have any solutions for my problems, please share with me.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• BeelinkGT1U_LPN1-1.jpg
    BeelinkGT1U_LPN1-1.jpg
    860.6 KB · Views: 21
  • BeelinkGT1U_LPN1-2.jpg
    BeelinkGT1U_LPN1-2.jpg
    773.1 KB · Views: 22

guides

Jul 12, 2007
Hi all,

HI, I tried this one on my X96 Air:

[v8] Aidan's Rom [S905X3] (x96 air v2) XDA-XDA-AcidIce18.img

But I'm getting the error 0x32030201 uboot/diskinitial

Can someone help please?

Regards.

EDIT : I managed to get it working by flashing 2 times, first without Erase bootloader and flash checked, and second with it selected. Now I can see an OTA system update, but when the box reboots to install it is giving an error related to signature (failed to verify whole-file signature). What can I do?

EDIT2: Ok, I already saw that OTA updates are not supported. I already updated all apps from play store, but still not getting new UI, what can I do?

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2010
hello.
i have installed this rom in A95x F2 (s905x2) and it seems to work fine, except the return button of the original infrared remote seems to don't make the return function and it's impossible to navigate in the OS without the return function.
is there any way to get this solved?

EdT586

Dec 17, 2021
hello.
i have installed this rom in A95x F2 (s905x2) and it seems to work fine, except the return button of the original infrared remote seems to don't make the return function and it's impossible to navigate in the OS without the return function.
is there any way to get this solved?
Use an app called Button Mapper, find the one called Button Mapper Pro to get more features. This is the only way to get IR functions onto an air mouse.

• Love

NinthWave

Dec 20, 2017
^^^NEW Home Screen, Update From Play Store ^^^
View attachment 5370023

Preinstalled Apps
View attachment 5370027

Initial Set Up Screen
View attachment 5370031
Initial Set Up Screen 2
View attachment 5370033
About
View attachment 5370035
New Google Dream X Included
View attachment 5370037
Google Play Protect Certified
View attachment 5370039
Android TV Netflix! (Install Apk From Website)

This is My Android 9.0 Firmware, This Is Based On The Official Mi Box Android TV 9.0 Firmware

This Is A Firmware Port Of The Xiaomi Mi Box Firmware Designed To Run On Other Amlogic Devices

This Firmware Is FAST & STABLE

WARNING: This Is Experimental & Requires Multiple Steps, Please Read About "Mask Rom Mode" To Know How To Recover Your Device If Installation Fails!
This Has The New Amlogic Kernel And May Not Work On All Device

How To Install

Use USB Burning Tool, See Website

Wait Up To 5 Mins For Firmware To Boot For First Time & Proceed Through Initial Set Up

Enjoy!
------------------------------------------------
NEW Website! Check it out & Download!
>>>> Website Click Here <<<<
-----------------------

v8 New Features (25.July.2021)
BASED ON LATEST MI BOX Official Pie Build 3595
Security Patch 5.March.2021
Low Ram False All Roms
Forceencrypt Disabled
Default Volume MAX
New Bootanimation
More Debloating
DPI Set At 320/213
New Welcome (Thanks AcidIce18)
No Remote Pair Screen
More Cleaned & De Bloat
More Tweaks...
I have a "Beelink GT1 mini_a" with serial number B95X (not exactly as the Beelink GT1 mini with SN = S95X2), I have tried the 6 ROM:

1. no power LED, no internet (wired)
2. install failed
3. no power LED, no internet (wired)
4. install failed
5. no power LED, no internet (wired)
6. install failed

Any help on what goes wrong with this box ?

[EDIT]
Wifi is working
Ethernet is not working
The LED is lit when the box is ON and unlit when the box is on
The box gets definitely hotter than with the previous ROM or CoreELEC

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    to brighten.png
    Home Screen With Apps
    Screenshot_20210725-010734.png
    ^^^NEW Home Screen, Update From Play Store ^^^
    Screenshot_20210725-010752.png

Preinstalled Apps
    Screenshot_20210712-104107.png

Initial Set Up Screen
    Screenshot_20210712-104128.png

Initial Set Up Screen 2
    Screenshot_20210725-010826.png

About
    Screensaver.png

New Google Dream X Included
    Screenshot_20201116-025413 - Copy.png

Google Play Protect Certified

This is My Android 9.0 Firmware, This Is Based On The Official Mi Box Android TV 9.0 Firmware

This Is A Firmware Port Of The Xiaomi Mi Box Firmware Designed To Run On Other Amlogic Devices

This Firmware Is FAST & STABLE

WARNING: This Is Experimental & Requires Multiple Steps, Please Read About "Mask Rom Mode" To Know How To Recover Your Device If Installation Fails!
    This Has The New Amlogic Kernel And May Not Work On All Device

How To Install

Wait Up To 5 Mins For Firmware To Boot For First Time & Proceed Through Initial Set Up

Enjoy!

-----------------------
    Download!
    >>>> Website Click Here <<<<
    Website Updated March 2022

-----------------------

v9 New Features (17.March.2022)
    BASED ON LATEST MI BOX Official Pie Build 3933
    Security Patch 5.July.2021
    More Games Controller Support
    Moved More to the system
    More Devices
    New Files App
    Rotation App
    More Games Controller Support
    Probably More

v8 New Features (25.July.2021)
    BASED ON LATEST MI BOX Official Pie Build 3595
    Security Patch 5.March.2021
    Low Ram False All Roms
    Forceencrypt Disabled
    Default Volume MAX
    New Bootanimation
    More Debloating
    DPI Set At 320/213
    New Welcome (Thanks AcidIce18)
    No Remote Pair Screen
    More Cleaned & De Bloat
    More Tweaks...

v7 New Features (29.April.2021)
    BASED ON LATEST MI BOX Official Pie Build 3409
    Security Patch 5.January.2021
    Now Includes App Drawer (Non Tv Apps)
    Now Includes File Browser
    Cleaned & De Bloat
    More Tweaks...

v6 New Features (N/A)
    Not Released On This Chip

v5 New Features (N/A)
    Not Released On This Chip

v4 New Features (16.Nov.2020)
    1st Update After OTA Update Available Notification
    BASED ON LATEST MI BOX Official Pie Build 3139
    Security Patch 5.October.2020
    NTFS & exFAT USB Drive Support Added
    Removed Mi Tv Analytics
    Bug Report Sender Removed

v3 New Features
    BASED ON STABLE MI BOX Official Pie Build 2696
    Security Patch 5.April.2020
    New Google Keyboard From Chromecast With Google TV
    New Boot animation
    Enabled 14 Wi-Fi Channels
    Updated Google Play Store
    De Bloat System
    Remove Chromecast
    Remove Google Play Games, Music & Video
    Remove Netflix & Prime Video
    Reduced img Size For Faster Download
    Reduced Install Time
    More Tweaks

v2 New Features
    Created USB Burning tool Image
    New Install Method Now 1 Step Install

v1 Features
    Original Install Method Using base ROM & Update.ZIP

How To Install

Enjoy!

USB Burning Tool Cant See Device
    if usb burning tool cant detect your device, and you've tried other ports, cables etc then Mask ROM Mode May Be Needed, See Here
    Youtube Unbrick Guide

Netflix wont work from play store
    The TV Version of Netflix needs Widevine Level 1 DRM, This cannot be added to your device with a firmware, Patched Netflix Apk Now Available
    SORRY NETFLIX KILLED THE TV NETFLIX MOD

Use RAVE Or The MOBILE APP

Amazon Prime Wont Work
    A. Like Netflix Install the mobile app, the TV version needs Widevine Level 1

Disney+ No Sound
    A. Fixed Earlier Release

No Root
    There Is No Root In This Firmware Because This Is a User Build (Not User Debug)
    User Build: This Is Like The official Android Tv Devices (Like Mi Box), it does not have root or TWRP, Uses Release Keys and is SELINUX enforced
    Why?
    This Makes More Apps Show Up In The Play Store that didn't show before, (Example: Isp Android TV live tv app, only shows in Play Store On non rooted and SELINUX enforced devices, also the streams in the app do not even play in rooted devices.) And other Apps With Similar Issues On Non Certified Devices....

myCANAL App No Sound...
    See This Post
    TO EVERYONE

updates to S905W & S912 are slow due to not having test devices, makes stability improvements hard to diagnose, wifi improvements should be easier to add without testing and i will do this ass soon as i can, i have been working on a private project in most of my free time so not had a chance to further refine these chips, thanks for being paitent :)
    Is it and Android TV apk, or an apk of the mobile app? Can you share the link to that?
    Android TV apk I will upload the link
    I am still running the s912 Version als Said in page 1 :) any relevant Changes? Maybe changelog? If Not i'll Stick to my Version :) thanks for your hard work!
    ahh forgot to add changelog here put on the s912 & s905w post haha will copy here :)

v4 New Features (16.Nov.2020)
    1st Update After OTA Update Available Notification
    BASED ON LATEST MI BOX Official Pie Build 3139
    Security Patch 5.October.2020
    NTFS & exFAT USB Drive Support Added
    Removed Mi Tv Analytics
    Bug Report Sender Removed

v3 New Features
    New Google Keyboard From Chromecast With Google TV
    New Boot animation