[ROM] Aidan ROM [v9] [Netflix] [Prime Video] [Disney+] [S905X-S905W-S912-S905X2-S905Y2-S905X3-S905W4-S922] [Google Play Certified] [ATV 9]

Search This thread

zdravko

Feb 6, 2007
A95X F3 Air user here: Flashes correctly, however: OK button on remote doesn't work, can't proceed without a mouse. Other than that, the MAC addresses get incorrectly set, they seem to be hardcoded since I flashed the ROM on two different boxes and both ended up with the same MAC addresses. Other than that, rom is beautiful. I'll see if I can fix the tiny issues and republish the A95X build.
Hello, if you make this fixes can you share build ? Thanks.

Wartere

Dec 9, 2022
Hello,
I have a Tanix TX3 Max with Wifi/BT RTL8723bs. I have tried many ROMs and almost all of them either the bluetooth didn't work or there was some other bug or problem.
Finally I find the almost perfect ROM, the aidans v9 RTL8723, this rom works perfectly, fast, wifi / bt work, streaming in FULLHD, USB and SD work, in short, I think at the moment it is the definitive rom for TX3 MAX.
After all this praise, I have to tell you why I ask for help. The original remote control doesn't work and neither does the clock (not bad), but I've seen that there is a way to remedy both things. Can someone kindly guide me through the procedure?

Last edited:

thz10

Nov 1, 2008
Dear all,

I am running the MAG410 now with the V9 of this rom which is running the S905X chipset.

Everything is working except a couple of things:
1. The remote control is not working. (how can I change this?)
2. WIFI is slow. I did a speed test on it and indeed it is not getting much speed
3. I tried 2 Streaming apps KPN Itv and Go TV (Malta). Both are not working. I suspect it is the issue with the speed.

Can anyone help on the topic?

Thanks,

Thierry

tinko975

Dec 3, 2013
Zagreb
I flashed your rom.on Beelink GT1 mini 4/64 (S905x2) LPDDR and it works awesome.
Box is faster 50% than with beelink stock android.
Very thank you and proceed your work.
I have too one newer box, Ugoos AM6B Plus 2021, 4/32 and i am using it for different stuff. It is clean android rom. This old Beelink i will use on Sony bravia tv from 2017. which have really poor hardware, outdated MT5891 with 4 core x 1.0 Ghz. 2/8 Gb memory..

Wartere

Dec 9, 2022
Dear all,

I am running the MAG410 now with the V9 of this rom which is running the S905X chipset.

Everything is working except a couple of things:
1. The remote control is not working. (how can I change this?)
2. WIFI is slow. I did a speed test on it and indeed it is not getting much speed
3. I tried 2 Streaming apps KPN Itv and Go TV (Malta). Both are not working. I suspect it is the issue with the speed.

Can anyone help on the topic?

Thanks,

Thierry
Check which wifi chip the TV box has installed, for example I tried about 10 different ROMs and in any case the wifi worked with all of them, but obviously with some I had streaming speed problems. Since I installed the version with specific drivers for my chip, I haven't had any more connection problems.
As far as the remote control is concerned, I found a guide that explains how to manually fix the files for the remote controls by completely rewriting the codes, I'll try and let you know.

thz10

Nov 1, 2008
Check which wifi chip the TV box has installed, for example I tried about 10 different ROMs and in any case the wifi worked with all of them, but obviously with some I had streaming speed problems. Since I installed the version with specific drivers for my chip, I haven't had any more connection problems.
As far as the remote control is concerned, I found a guide that explains how to manually fix the files for the remote controls by completely rewriting the codes, I'll try and let you know.
Thanks in advance Wartere. I tried several and this one works best so far. Have you seen other S905x ROMs?

lowenthal

Nov 26, 2014
I've got a Mecool m8s pro W. Now, I've tried this ROM before with no luck so I was hoping someone else have already tested last version. It has the 6051p chipset which is known for having WIFI issues.

lowenthal

Nov 26, 2014
I've got a Mecool m8s pro W. Now, I've tried this ROM before with no luck so I was hoping someone else have already tested last version. It has the 6051p chipset which is known for having WIFI issues.
Just to be clear It's an AMLogic S905W
I believe it was on january, before the last version. I couldn't get it to flash, don't really remember which error I got. Ended up using the Nexus Rom instead, which works for the most part but is slow. I've searched through the comments and found someone with this chipset did'nt say if he had the 6051p WIFI chip but he couldn't get WIFI to work

Wartere

Dec 9, 2022
Thanks in advance Wartere. I tried several and this one works best so far. Have you seen other S905x ROMs?
Wait to thank, I'm not an expert, I'm going to try! However I've read that someone, with the mag10 was happy with the v8. Now let's move on to the results: I managed to get the box to read my remote control! I discovered that the "remote.tab" of some remote controls that are around or in ROMs, are based on file conversions of the old android 7 ROMs, but on version 9 some codes have changed! So, with great patience, I went through all the codes and changed the ones that no longer matched and added the right configuration for my remote.

Wartere

Dec 9, 2022
Can anyone recommend me a good program to cook android ROMs? And possibly not too complicated?
I tried amlogic tools but beyond lvl1 it fails.

jy95

Jun 27, 2020
Hello,

I have a T95M 4K 2G I would like to put Aidan's ROM. Can someone recomand me something ?

Thanks in advance

thz10

Nov 1, 2008
Wait to thank, I'm not an expert, I'm going to try! However I've read that someone, with the mag10 was happy with the v8. Now let's move on to the results: I managed to get the box to read my remote control! I discovered that the "remote.tab" of some remote controls that are around or in ROMs, are based on file conversions of the old android 7 ROMs, but on version 9 some codes have changed! So, with great patience, I went through all the codes and changed the ones that no longer matched and added the right configuration for my remote.
Dear all, I have now managed to have a good running V9 on my Mag410.

I remain with 3 issues:
1. Remote Control not working.
I managed to find the remote files of the original MAg410 box. the files are slightly different though.
On the Mag410 there are two files. In the \Bin\remotecfg and in Etc\remote.conf.

I copied all of the info of the remote.conf into remote.tab1, but still the remote is not working...anybody able to help me out ?

2. The standby light is always on, even when the box is running. Anything we can do about this?

3. I tried running some streaming service called GO Malta. Unfortunately at time of loading it says it can't play the content. It mentions we cannot initiate playback since the original configuration for this device was modified.

Anything we can do about this?

Would be great if you guys can help on the above items. Cheers all.

userM1

May 19, 2020
hi all,
I have an old TV Box, the H96 Pro+ 4K
the cpu is S912 - android 7.1 - RAM 3GB - ROM 16GB
Can I install this thread firmware or not?
Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    to brighten.png
    Home Screen With Apps
    Screenshot_20210725-010734.png
    ^^^NEW Home Screen, Update From Play Store ^^^
    Screenshot_20210725-010752.png

Preinstalled Apps
    Screenshot_20210712-104107.png

Initial Set Up Screen
    Screenshot_20210712-104128.png

Initial Set Up Screen 2
    Screenshot_20210725-010826.png

About
    Screensaver.png

New Google Dream X Included
    Screenshot_20201116-025413 - Copy.png

Google Play Protect Certified

This is My Android 9.0 Firmware, This Is Based On The Official Mi Box Android TV 9.0 Firmware

This Is A Firmware Port Of The Xiaomi Mi Box Firmware Designed To Run On Other Amlogic Devices

This Firmware Is FAST & STABLE

WARNING: This Is Experimental & Requires Multiple Steps, Please Read About "Mask Rom Mode" To Know How To Recover Your Device If Installation Fails!
    This Has The New Amlogic Kernel And May Not Work On All Device

How To Install

Use USB Burning Tool, See Website

Wait Up To 5 Mins For Firmware To Boot For First Time & Proceed Through Initial Set Up

Enjoy!

-----------------------
    Download!
    >>>> Website Click Here <<<<
    Website Updated March 2022

-----------------------

v9 New Features (17.March.2022)
    BASED ON LATEST MI BOX Official Pie Build 3933
    Security Patch 5.July.2021
    More Games Controller Support
    Moved More to the system
    More Devices
    New Files App
    Rotation App
    More Games Controller Support
    Probably More

v8 New Features (25.July.2021)
    BASED ON LATEST MI BOX Official Pie Build 3595
    Security Patch 5.March.2021
    Low Ram False All Roms
    Forceencrypt Disabled
    Default Volume MAX
    New Bootanimation
    More Debloating
    DPI Set At 320/213
    New Welcome (Thanks AcidIce18)
    No Remote Pair Screen
    More Cleaned & De Bloat
    More Tweaks...

v7 New Features (29.April.2021)
    BASED ON LATEST MI BOX Official Pie Build 3409
    Security Patch 5.January.2021
    Now Includes App Drawer (Non Tv Apps)
    Now Includes File Browser
    Cleaned & De Bloat
    More Tweaks...

v6 New Features (N/A)
    Not Released On This Chip

v5 New Features (N/A)
    Not Released On This Chip

v4 New Features (16.Nov.2020)
    1st Update After OTA Update Available Notification
    BASED ON LATEST MI BOX Official Pie Build 3139
    Security Patch 5.October.2020
    NTFS & exFAT USB Drive Support Added
    Removed Mi Tv Analytics
    Bug Report Sender Removed

v3 New Features
    BASED ON STABLE MI BOX Official Pie Build 2696
    Security Patch 5.April.2020
    New Google Keyboard From Chromecast With Google TV
    New Boot animation
    Enabled 14 Wi-Fi Channels
    Updated Google Play Store
    De Bloat System
    Remove Chromecast
    Remove Google Play Games, Music & Video
    Remove Netflix & Prime Video
    Reduced img Size For Faster Download
    Reduced Install Time
    More Tweaks

v2 New Features
    Created USB Burning tool Image
    New Install Method Now 1 Step Install

v1 Features
    Original Install Method Using base ROM & Update.ZIP

How To Install

Use USB Burning Tool, See Website

Wait Up To 5 Mins For Firmware To Boot For First Time & Proceed Through Initial Set Up

Enjoy!

USB Burning Tool Cant See Device
    if usb burning tool cant detect your device, and you've tried other ports, cables etc then Mask ROM Mode May Be Needed, See Here
    Youtube Unbrick Guide

Netflix wont work from play store
    The TV Version of Netflix needs Widevine Level 1 DRM, This cannot be added to your device with a firmware, Patched Netflix Apk Now Available
    SORRY NETFLIX KILLED THE TV NETFLIX MOD

Use RAVE Or The MOBILE APP

Amazon Prime Wont Work
    A. Like Netflix Install the mobile app, the TV version needs Widevine Level 1

Disney+ No Sound
    A. Fixed Earlier Release

No Root
    There Is No Root In This Firmware Because This Is a User Build (Not User Debug)
    User Build: This Is Like The official Android Tv Devices (Like Mi Box), it does not have root or TWRP, Uses Release Keys and is SELINUX enforced
    Why?
    This Makes More Apps Show Up In The Play Store that didn't show before, (Example: Isp Android TV live tv app, only shows in Play Store On non rooted and SELINUX enforced devices, also the streams in the app do not even play in rooted devices.) And other Apps With Similar Issues On Non Certified Devices....

myCANAL App No Sound...
    See This Post
    TO EVERYONE

updates to S905W & S912 are slow due to not having test devices, makes stability improvements hard to diagnose, wifi improvements should be easier to add without testing and i will do this ass soon as i can, i have been working on a private project in most of my free time so not had a chance to further refine these chips, thanks for being paitent :)
    Is it and Android TV apk, or an apk of the mobile app? Can you share the link to that?
    Android TV apk I will upload the link
    I am still running the s912 Version als Said in page 1 :) any relevant Changes? Maybe changelog? If Not i'll Stick to my Version :) thanks for your hard work!
    ahh forgot to add changelog here put on the s912 & s905w post haha will copy here :)

v4 New Features (16.Nov.2020)
    1st Update After OTA Update Available Notification
    BASED ON LATEST MI BOX Official Pie Build 3139
    Security Patch 5.October.2020
    NTFS & exFAT USB Drive Support Added
    Removed Mi Tv Analytics
    Bug Report Sender Removed

v3 New Features
    New Google Keyboard From Chromecast With Google TV
    New Boot animation