General Variants of the 10 Pro, Clearing up some confusion.

Search This thread
There have been some confusing discussions all over the internet from this forum to OnePlus' forum on what ROM and hardware variant is used where. The simple answer is that Oneplus uses different hardware for different regions and the ROM is not necessarily tied to the hardware. OnePlus is using hardware variants that will work best outside of it's designed region and putting a generic ROM over it.

To clear things up I've made a cheat sheet with the main specifications between and across all the variants. I understand that it may not be complete, but it should help a lot of people understand what they are getting with each variant. I've also attached a PDF for easy copying and pasting.

OnePlus Pro 10 5G Specs.png

Attachments

• OnePlus Pro 10 5G.pdf
    70.3 KB · Views: 86

Dr-Hack

Sep 14, 2011
blog.drhack.net
mine is a NE2210 , but it came preloaded with NE2211 , the hardware is same and it has Oxygen OS , which is good .. but so from now onwards i will be following guides meant for NE2211\?

mine is a NE2210 , but it came preloaded with NE2211 , the hardware is same and it has Oxygen OS , which is good .. but so from now onwards i will be following guides meant for NE2211\?
I'd treat it as such, really the biggest difference is the OS. Technically all the phones are the exact same hardware (except for Ram and storage sizes) and you should be able to cross flash if a full factory rom is released.

ralphhayes

Aug 18, 2022
I'd treat it as such, really the biggest difference is the OS. Technically all the phones are the exact same hardware (except for Ram and storage sizes) and you should be able to cross flash if a full factory rom is released.
This is a fascinating and most helpful discussion - but I am CONFUSED. In your earlier post you wrote "The simple answer is that Oneplus uses different hardware for different regions and the ROM is not necessarily tied to the hardware." but now you say that all the phones are the exact same hardware? Which statement is correct?
Thanks for clearing up yet another confusion!

abdulhamid1978

Nov 10, 2011
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Does that mean that NE2210 has different physical hardware than NE2215, or is it just a software limitation? For e.g. if you flash NE2210 with NE2213 OOS rom the missing 4g/5g bands will not magically become enabled?

ralphhayes

Aug 18, 2022
There have been some confusing discussions all over the internet from this forum to OnePlus' forum on what ROM and hardware variant is used where. The simple answer is that Oneplus uses different hardware for different regions and the ROM is not necessarily tied to the hardware. OnePlus is using hardware variants that will work best outside of it's designed region and putting a generic ROM over it.

To clear things up I've made a cheat sheet with the main specifications between and across all the variants. I understand that it may not be complete, but it should help a lot of people understand what they are getting with each variant. I've also attached a PDF for easy copying and pasting.

View attachment 5685035
This is such a useful document - thank you very much for this fine work! You must know these phones in great detail.

Can you please enlighten me... Is the OnePlus 10 Pro hardware the same for all versions, i.e. - if we flash an EU ROM onto the NE2210, will the phone have the same bands as an original NE2213 version? Will Android Auto work - even though it hasn't been preinstalled by the phone manufacturer? (This is the error message I get when I try to run Android Auto on the NE2210.)

This is such a useful document - thank you very much for this fine work! You must know these phones in great detail.
I use a NE2215 daily, but other than that I just looked it up on the internet.

Can you please enlighten me... Is the OnePlus 10 Pro hardware the same for all versions, i.e. - if we flash an EU ROM onto the NE2210, will the phone have the same bands as an original NE2213 version? Will Android Auto work - even though it hasn't been preinstalled by the phone manufacturer? (This is the error message I get when I try to run Android Auto on the NE2210.)
I think so due to the fact that people have said they have NE2213 ROM on an NE2210 phone. Also when I looked at the SIM slot of my NE2215 it has 2 sets of contacts even though it's sold as a single sim phone. Lastly I rooted my NE2215 phone by booting a rooted NE2213 boot.img.

ralphhayes

Aug 18, 2022
Thank you for your comments. Fascinating comment, esp. about your discovery of the 2 sets of contacts!

I have never rooted or used Fastboot on a phone, but feel that I need to in this case. I got my NE2210 while in Europe (I upgraded from an 8T). Used it in various countries without real problems (except for phone and messaging apps - which I could not replace with the Google apps, and some Chinese bloatware, which I uninstalled or at least force-stopped). Next, I traveled to the U.S. That's when the problems began. The NE2210 would not connect to any Mobile Network (I am using Google Fi but also have an Asian SIM card - neither would connect.)

I love the camera and speed of the phone and even the Color O/S is fine.

I then realized that Android Auto does not work - "because it had not been pre-installed by the phone manufacturer."

Please let me ask you one more question: On the Internet, there are numerous instructions on how to flash the NE2113 ROM - have you seen step-by-step instructions that are complete and airtight (for a beginner)? I'll be happy to share my experiences once I have made them!

TY!

RS7JR

Nov 30, 2012
San Antonio
Thank you for your comments. Fascinating comment, esp. about your discovery of the 2 sets of contacts!

I have never rooted or used Fastboot on a phone, but feel that I need to in this case. I got my NE2210 while in Europe (I upgraded from an 8T). Used it in various countries without real problems (except for phone and messaging apps - which I could not replace with the Google apps, and some Chinese bloatware, which I uninstalled or at least force-stopped). Next, I traveled to the U.S. That's when the problems began. The NE2210 would not connect to any Mobile Network (I am using Google Fi but also have an Asian SIM card - neither would connect.)

I then realized that Android Auto does not work - "because it had not been pre-installed by the phone manufacturer."

Please let me ask you one more question: On the Internet, there are numerous instructions on how to flash the NE2113 ROM - have you seen step-by-step instructions that are complete and airtight (for a beginner)? I'll be happy to share my experiences once I have made them!

TY!
I have an NE2210 that I bought off Amazon and when it came in, it was flashed with Oxygen OS NE2215 ROM. I'm currently using it with Google Fi and seems to work great in my area so you should be able to get yours to work stateside. The only thing I'm not certain of yet is if 5g band 71 is activated since it's on a NE2215 ROM or if that band will not work at all due to hardware limitations. Earlier posts in this thread seem to allude to that it does work because the hardware is the same, however I've seen other threads that indicate the US version definitely has different hardware. I can tell you that my phone has indicated 5g before but that may only be the 41 band. I'm going to install signal spy to try and confirm if I'm ever on band 71.

Edit: Oh, and my Android auto does work. However, the seller indicated that the ne2215 ROM was flashed by OnePlus themselves. Not sure if that's true or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Prant

Prant

Jan 23, 2017
OnePlus 7 Pro
I have an NE2210 that I bought off Amazon and when it came in, it was flashed with Oxygen OS NE2215 ROM. I'm currently using it with Google Fi and seems to work great in my area so you should be able to get yours to work stateside. The only thing I'm not certain of yet is if 5g band 71 is activated since it's on a NE2215 ROM or if that band will not work at all due to hardware limitations. Earlier posts in this thread seem to allude to that it does work because the hardware is the same, however I've seen other threads that indicate the US version definitely has different hardware. I can tell you that my phone has indicated 5g before but that may only be the 41 band. I'm going to install signal spy to try and confirm if I'm ever on band 71.
Am actually wondering this myself. I've seen a few posts of NE2215 devices getting better signal when cross flashed with NE2213 because 2213 has a few more 5G Bands enabled.. I would definitely be interested in this if cross flashing could open up more bands... if the hardware truly is the same.

RS7JR

Nov 30, 2012
San Antonio
It does, as T-Mobile uses B71 for NR 5G and the NE2215 is sold by them.
But my variant is actually a NE2210 (Chinese) which has NE2215 ROM flashed to it (supposedly from factory). Are you saying that you have proof the hardware is the same between the two and by simply flashing the NE2215 ROM on a NE2210 device will activate the use of 5g band 71?

RS7JR

Nov 30, 2012
San Antonio
Am actually wondering this myself. I've seen a few posts of NE2215 devices getting better signal when cross flashed with NE2213 because 2213 has a few more 5G Bands enabled.. I would definitely be interested in this if cross flashing could open up more bands... if the hardware truly is the same.
So update: Over the weekend, I've noticed my phone on 5g three different times. All three times I was on band 41. Still no luck at catching it on 71. The theory of flashing ROMs to activate bands isn't looking good so far but I'm going to keep trying.

RS7JR

Nov 30, 2012
San Antonio
I have both VoLTE and VoWiFi working on stock NE2215. I've heard NE2213 works just the same, but sometimes better due to having a couple extra 5G bands. But @RS7JR seems to be seeing something different with actual tests.
I don't think my tests prove that VoLTE and VoWifi don't work. I don't have t-mobile but I do have Google Fi and my WiFi calling does work which I'm pretty sure is the same as t mobile VoWifi. Not sure about VoLTE though. The only thing my tests have proven so far is that flashing ROMs from other variants doesn't unlock the use of more frequency bands in the radio. And in my particular case, specifically 5g band 71. Keep in mind, I've only had 3 opportunities to test it so take my info with a grain of salt. I'll still be doing more testing for the next couple weeks.

Reactions: jllll and Prant

PeterGuru

From what I can tell, 5G is not working in Canada. I believe that, in order for 5G to work, the device has to be certified for use on Canadian carriers' 5G service, and that doesn't seem to be the case for the OnePlus 10 Pro. Otherwise, everything else seems to work perfectly. However, it's also my understanding that 5G connectivity did work on the OnePlus 9 (also the OnePlus8???), so not having it work on the OnePlus 10 Pro is very confusing. Personally, I don't care if I can't access 5G. It has no "REAL" benefit for me, so I can live with it. I'm just curious as to why the OP10P is blocked from 5G access.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have both VoLTE and VoWiFi working on stock NE2215. I've heard NE2213 works just the same, but sometimes better due to having a couple extra 5G bands. But @RS7JR seems to be seeing something different with actual tests.
    I don't think my tests prove that VoLTE and VoWifi don't work. I don't have t-mobile but I do have Google Fi and my WiFi calling does work which I'm pretty sure is the same as t mobile VoWifi. Not sure about VoLTE though. The only thing my tests have proven so far is that flashing ROMs from other variants doesn't unlock the use of more frequency bands in the radio. And in my particular case, specifically 5g band 71. Keep in mind, I've only had 3 opportunities to test it so take my info with a grain of salt. I'll still be doing more testing for the next couple weeks.
    I just got NE2213 in the US on Tmobile and volte, wifi calling and all bands are working

TY!

Edit: Oh, and my Android auto does work. However, the seller indicated that the ne2215 ROM was flashed by OnePlus themselves. Not sure if that's true or not.
    But my variant is actually a NE2210 (Chinese) which has NE2215 ROM flashed to it (supposedly from factory). Are you saying that you have proof the hardware is the same between the two and by simply flashing the NE2215 ROM on a NE2210 device will activate the use of 5g band 71?
    So update: Over the weekend, I've noticed my phone on 5g three different times. All three times I was on band 41. Still no luck at catching it on 71. The theory of flashing ROMs to activate bands isn't looking good so far but I'm going to keep trying.

OnePlus Pro 10 5G Specs.png
    I just got NE2213 in the US on Tmobile and volte, wifi calling and all bands are working

TY!