• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

VBmeta

Search This thread

NickOp

Jul 21, 2021
Realme 7 Pro
VBmeta file for a device is same for all types of custom recoveries such as twrp , pitch black , orange fox? Or different for different recoveries and how can I download it?

Kenora_I

Jun 12, 2021
Ireland
Redmi 7A
Samsung Galaxy A21s
VBmeta file for a device is same for all types of custom recoveries such as twrp , pitch black , orange fox? Or different for different recoveries and how can I download it?
It is specific for a device.
vbmeta is responsible for checking initial boot to enter into boot or in recovery mode
Something like that. But a modified vbmeta disables secure boot.
Depends on what your device is.
If you need it for some customization it would be outlined in the guide and given there for download.

NickOp

Jul 21, 2021
Realme 7 Pro
It is specific for a device.
vbmeta is responsible for checking initial boot to enter into boot or in recovery mode
Something like that. But a modified vbmeta disables secure boot.
Depends on what your device is.
If you need it for some customization it would be outlined in the guide and given there for download.
I want to flash pitch black recovery to flash evolution X 5.9 my device is realme 7 pro

Kenora_I

Jun 12, 2021
Ireland
Redmi 7A
Samsung Galaxy A21s
I want to flash pitch black recovery to flash evolution X 5.9 my device is realme 7 pro
Follow the guide step by step and youll be fine.
Ive linked the post above.

jwoegerbauer

Jul 11, 2009
European Union
A vbmeta.img per se has NOTHING to do with Custom Recovery used. The vbmeta.img is part of any stock Android OS since version 4. It implements the Android Verified Boot mechanism, means vbmeta.img holds the hash for Android's boot and often also other partitions. vbmeta. img is a security method what ensures Android OS isn't got tampered.

If you want to modify stock Android OS's system then you have to prevent bootloader of reading it before. This most times is achieved by replacing default vbmeta.img by a patched one. This patching typically is done by running
Code:
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

Last edited:
Reactions: NickOp

Kenora_I

Jun 12, 2021
Ireland
Redmi 7A
Samsung Galaxy A21s
A vbmeta.img per se has NOTHING to do with Custom Recovery used. The vbmeta.img is part of any stock Android OS since version 4. It implements the Android Verified Boot mechanism, means vbmeta.img holds the hash for Android's boot and often also other partitions. vbmeta. img is a security method what ensures Android OS isn't got tampered.

If you want to modify stock Android OS's system then you have to prevent bootloader of reading it before. This most times is achieved by replacing default vbmeta.img by a patched one. This patching typically is done by running
Code:
Here is a great explantion once again by the famed jwoegerbauer :)
you can count on him for anything
But yeah, you’ll have to find a patched vbmeta.img The mods removed it in the post for some reason

NickOp

Jul 21, 2021
Realme 7 Pro

NickOp

Jul 21, 2021
Realme 7 Pro

Code:
Plz tell

jwoegerbauer

Jul 11, 2009
European Union
The typical roadmap

Code:
adb devices
adb reboot fastboot
fastboot reboot fastboot 2>nul
fastboot flashing unlock
fastboot --disable-verity --disable--verication flash vbmeta <VBMETA.IMG>
fastboot flash recovery <REVOVERY.IMG>
fastboot reboot recovery

jwoegerbauer

Jul 11, 2009
European Union
You can pass to Fastboot any vbmeta.img as long as its filesize doesn't exceed filesize of vbmeta.img present in actual Android OS. A vbmeta.img with filesize of 128 Bytes in theory is sufficient, this because only the byte at file's offset 120 get altered by Fastboot.

It's on you.

Reactions: Kenora_I

NickOp

Jul 21, 2021
Realme 7 Pro
You can pass to Fastboot any vbmeta.img as long as its filesize doesn't exceed filesize of vbmeta.img present in actual Android OS. A vbmeta.img with filesize of 128 Bytes in theory is sufficient, this because only the byte at file's offset 120 get altered by Fastboot.

It's on you.
VBmeta file is compulsory for recovery..sorry for irritating but I did not get that . Yesterday I tried to flash custom recovery also it got flashed but it stuck at bootloop then I flashed the stock ROM. Plz help me bcoz I didn't got that 😟

jwoegerbauer

Jul 11, 2009
European Union
The main problem is that service center in not there in my town.also those guys in service center will not install custom ROMs for u.
IMO it's NOT the task of any service center to tamper an Android device - will say to flash a Custom ROM, but to reset a softbricked device to the state when it came into market if you aren't able to manage it yourself. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:

It's on you.
    It's always the same I can observe here: people without a profound knowledge of the facts think that they can improve an Android device. :)

My advice: Take phone to autorized service center and let them fix it. :)