• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Vega Won't turn on at all. Not even backlight

Search This thread

alcurtis93

Oct 31, 2010
Just bought my Advent Vega today and was all running fine. Charged it too 100% then turned off and booted into the stock recovery. I then waited for it to show up on the computer as i have already got the drivers installed as i have jjust today flashed someone elses vega on the computer. mine didnt show up and then unplugged it and now it wont turn on at all. Tried charging it and then try booting. Unplug charger nothing. The thing is that the charging light still shows.
Any Help would be great. Dont want to have to send it back for repair. it may take weeks.
Thanks
Alex

yani2000

Jul 23, 2010
Hmmm.... it could be a faulty unit, but my guess would be that you need to try at least 10x to try to turn it on.
I know some people complained that the buttons are very poorly designed and sometimes don't even work.
It's the same for my tablet, the "power/home" button doesn't always work like it should.
Once, I had to retry five times in order to power on the device. :(
If it's not that it could be some other minor issue, try holding the power button for a long time (8 sec), or try to go into recovery again, or something like that.

pramanta

Mar 2, 2011
have you tried push back button, hold it, then press power button 2 second, the release the power button while still pressing the back button? it should be recognized and can be flashed

foxguard

Jul 14, 2011
Suffolk
www.fox-guard.co.uk
have you tried push back button, hold it, then press power button 2 second, the release the power button while still pressing the back button? it should be recognized and can be flashed

Some times this can take several attempts.. and i mean several!
I actually had Audi running and had it connected to the pc so could tell if it had worked or not... not the correct way i know but it worked for me.

meehog

Aug 21, 2010
Interested to know if you ever got this sorted alcurtis93? I'm having the same issue with a vega where it won't even bring up the backlight. No life in it whatsoever.