Question Vehicle magnet wireless charger

Search This thread

Krusej23

Dec 19, 2012
I've heard something about the Pixel 6 not allowing a magnet in a case to stick to a car magnet because it interferes with the wireless charging. Is this true? This will be my first wireless charging phone since I'm upgrading from the 2XL. I just currently have a magnet in my truck and a magnet in the case to have my phone handy. I would like to do the same thing but have a wireless charger in the truck. Any ideas for this?

WibblyW

May 24, 2011
Google Nexus 4
Moto X Play
Yes it's true. Actually it's the chargers that have the magnets, not the phone. Apple was firt to market with magnetic chargers using the Magsafe name, but fortunately even they use the Qi standard so it should work. It does seem that Qi is the lowest common denominator, so Apple's own products (and indeed Google's charger used with Pixel 6's) will charge I think at highet than standard Qi rates, if you care.

So you have to use a case that has a metal 'ring' around the wireless charging area (so it sticks to the charger) or buy a ring that sticks on to the case. Search 'magsafe compatible' for both the charger and the ring/case options.