[VENDOR] [surya/karna] Unified - All Custom ROMS [10] & [11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

janhammer504

Feb 16, 2020
where is data formatting ???
I flashed you vendor on LineageOS 17.1, it works, but brightness slider has less variation in brightness level. Like in half slider it's in almost full brightness. Please kindly check that.

Also, please note that you included your custom kernel in this vendor so people can flash another one afterwards. Also for retaining Magisk, add AnyKernel3 support.
have you flashed a LOS 17.1 build with builtin vendor ??? if so, gardiol may be has moved some requiered framework to /vendor. i have no issue here with brightness/autobrightness.
use a lineageos build with no vendor included !
cheers

Reactions: SkaboXD

dhalan

May 22, 2009
I followed your steps exactly as they are. Downloaded the provided twrp from your link.

has both vendor, firmware, and everything that we need for a smooth experience (no issues after it at all).

I'm looking for a smoother scrolling experience, or I'm selling it. Just trying if anything works.

Last edited:

H4R0X

Jun 29, 2020
I clean flashed the vendor on top of arrow os with orangefox, got a boot loop.

Tried again to clean flash with your recovery now it always boots to fastboot.

If I need to restore vendor I have to flash original miui ? arrowos does not ship with vendor.

edit: flashed right vendor from https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/vendor/surya/ still boots into fastboot

edit2: flashed orangefox again and clean flashed arrow os, now it always boots into recovery...

soft bricked... no matter which os i flash.

Last edited:

iakoboss7

I clean flashed the vendor on top of arrow os with orangefox, got a boot loop.

Tried again to clean flash with your recovery now it always boots to fastboot.

If I need to restore vendor I have to flash original miui ? arrowos does not ship with vendor.

edit: flashed right vendor from https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/vendor/surya/ still boots into fastboot

soft bricked... no matter which os i flash.
Use latest orange fox recovery.
Try flashing whole miui (the recovery file), restart to recovery.
Wipe everything (format data also as you have clean flashed already).
Reboot to recovery.
Flash arrow os.

Reactions: H4R0X

H4R0X

Jun 29, 2020
Use latest orange fox recovery.
Try flashing whole miui (the recovery file), restart to recovery.
Wipe everything (format data also as you have clean flashed already).
Reboot to recovery.
Flash arrow os.

Thanks, I was looking for the full miui image but couldn't find it. So turns out it is called "recovery" for whatever reason.

Now I'm back to arrow os.

For anyone else having trouble here you find the stock image:
https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/miui/surya/ use "recovery" not "fastboot"

H4R0X

Jun 29, 2020
I tried to flash the vendor again directly with twrp this time -> bootloop

Tried to dirty flash -> recovery boot

jacklev

Feb 26, 2019
I tried to flash the vendor again directly with twrp this time -> bootloop

Tried to dirty flash -> recovery boot
i think it's just not compatible with some custom roms. i tried to, so many times, with waveos, - just didn't work. tried with arrowos, too, i am not sure, if i do 100% correctly, but, didn't work, too. works with official RR, latest. at least boots in system :)

actually, connection w this vendor, worse, than w/0 it, i think. it didn't dispays all various types of mobile connection, like it did with stock vendor. the choise is only: lte, 3g, 2g. so, i think it's important issues, better to just leave it, and stay w stock. actually, there is stock fw/vendor, with r/w permission, if someones need this.

Last edited:

H4R0X

Jun 29, 2020
i think it's just not compatible with some custom roms. i tried to, so many times, with waveos, - just didn't work. tried with arrowos, too, i am not sure, if i do 100% correctly, but, didn't work, too. works with official RR, latest. at least boots in system :)

actually, connection w this vendor, worse, than w/0 it, i think. it didn't dispays all various types of mobile connection, like it did with stock vendor. the choise is only: lte, 3g, 2g.

official RR = resurrection ?

The thing is wifi is not working for me, it always disconnects randomly which makes voice calling / sip impossible.

I did not have the problem with miui it appeared after I unlocked and flashed pixel experience same goes for arrow os.

H4R0X

Jun 29, 2020
So I flashed the miui beta V12.0.6.0.RJGEUXM then clean flashed arrowos and I get a boot loop as well.

@iakoboss7 which rom are you using ?

jeryll

Dec 23, 2010
Realme GT
I have the latest vendor from miui, but it has issues with custom roms.

If I cant fix it I will have to go back to MIUI, but I would really prefer a lightweight aosp rom.

edit: I have the android 10 version, I will test the 11 beta that has been released 2 days ago.
after a lot of flashing today I just found out that this unified vendor actually works only with A10 custom ROM ROMs (LOS 17.1, RR 8.6.7, AncientOS v4.01), any A11 custom ROM I tried ended either in bootloop or fastboot mode ...

Reactions: pnin

iakoboss7

So I flashed the miui beta V12.0.6.0.RJGEUXM then clean flashed arrowos and I get a boot loop as well.

@iakoboss7 which rom are you using ?
i use ArrowOS (10/3 build) along with flame gapps basic, but I installed the EU 12.0.8.0 miui recovery file before that.
I have not tried the android 11 miui file as it seems to have older firmware (and maybe other things).

janhammer504

Feb 16, 2020
after a lot of flashing today I just found out that this unified vendor actually works only with A10 custom ROM ROMs (LOS 17.1, RR 8.6.7, AncientOS v4.01), any A11 custom ROM I tried ended either in bootloop or fastboot mode ...
Ask your rom developer if his build requires permissive kernel [GSI structure ?!] ...
My kernel is enforcing here !!!

Since all A11 roms uses A10 vendor till now , there is no problem to boot this vendor with its original kernel !

Final word : the problem is in your rom not in this build and as you can see, all rom developers here [POCO X3 forum] hide /don't give too much explanation about their work ... and as always, users jump for flashing without minimal knowledge / research !!!

If you all, have any problem with my work, please read again the header of the OP !
This is not an aftermarket service after all ... it's just a personal and free work that i share ... so use it if you know how or leave it please !

:cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: f3r.and0

H4R0X

Jun 29, 2020

I can confirm that, I tried almost every 11 rom and none works with this vendor.

I have a feeling the vendor here is based on V12.0.6.0.RJGEUXM which doesn't work with 11 custom roms.

Sadly there are no old versions so I can't test a older build pre 09.03.2021

I will stick with android 10 for now.

Reactions: jeryll
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

PHP:
    /*
    * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...).
    * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it!
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
    * Same statement for XDA.
    */

FEATURES

The first, the one and the only custom vendor for dynamic partition in the world : I challenge you all to show me who did it before !
    . If you find any custom rom with similar work since the first release of this one : it is just a copied and a stolen work [fake Google roms +++] !!!
    . Compatible with all regions / basebands / firmwares / device variants
    . Works with All AOSP/CAF based ROMs [10] & [11], Experimental, Official & Unofficial [TESTED]
    . May works on fake Google roms but i don't take any responsibility
    . Mount RO/RW available with no bootloop after reboot ! [Magisk/SU required]
    . SafetyNet passed
    . Full test passed : audio, ril, wifi, bt, fm radio, camera, sensors, fp scanner, nfc, ...
    . All known hardware issues on custom roms are fixed : camera, wifi, bt, hdr playback, chrome ... and overheating !
    . Custom Kernel with stock zImage [untouched +++]

IMPORTANT !
    NO firmware change is needed from the user side, so don't repeat this question many times ... just read up again !
    . Formatting /data is required when you flash this vendor the first time +++
    . Never go back to the previous versions due to the possible build.fingerprint change [Old releases are automatically removed] +++
    . Dirty Update : always delete with file/root explorer or in TWRP this folder :
    /data/property and reboot

You must delete these files & folders in /product partition from your custom rom
    [File/Root explorer needed] :

/product/vendor_overlay/29/etc/audio
    /product/vendor_overlay/29/etc/audio_policy_configuration.xml

/product/vendor_overlay/29/etc/audio_policy_engine_configuration.xml
    /product/vendor_overlay/29/lib/soundfx
    /product/vendor_overlay/29/lib64/soundfx

&

/product/vendor_overlay/29/etc/wifi

/product/vendor_overlay/29/overlay

& finally

/product/vendor_overlay/29/etc/qdcm_calib_data_nt36672c_huaxing_fhd_video_mode_dsi_panel.xml
    /product/vendor_overlay/29/etc/qdcm_calib_data_nt36672c_tianma_fhd_video_mode_dsi_panel.xml

Already included in this vendor ... and since i'm the original author !

[ OPTIONAL ]
    If you have the madness and the paranoia with security like Google, you can still relock /vendor again to the stock RO state ... But you will not be able to mount /vendor RW again even with root until you reflash the provided vendor.zip again !

How to [terminal or adb shell] :
    su
    tune2fs -O verity /dev/block/dm-1

!!!

MIUI Users : sorry for you, but this is for custom ROMS " ONLY "

TROLLS & NOOBS, stay away ... Please !
    !!!

Prerequisite:

POCO X3 NFC = surya
    POCO X3 [no NFC] = karna

No matter where you live : india, china, russia, europe, usa or africa ... !

Kernel Source [Prebuilt] : Here

Created : 2021-02-27
    Latest Update : 2021-03-21

DOWNLOAD
    RESERVED for "Changelog"

Update : [2021-03-21] Highly Recommended !

- overlay folder [/vendor] : secure & total remove ... R.I.P forever ! :sneaky:

You can now remove it from here too ... with no issue :
    /product/vendor_overlay/29/overlay

[As always : no /data formatting is required if done in the previous builds !]

Update : [2021-03-20]
    fix compatibility with all custom roms [10] & [11] +++ :
    - build : preserve AVB structure [R/W still available in root mode] :sneaky:
    - tune2fs : restore some stock feature flags [dir_index, huge_file, extra_isize]
    - fstab [kernel & vendor] : small update
    - vendor selinux : property_contexts fix
    - build.prop : clean-up

Update : [2021-03-18]
    clean-up & rework from scratch :
    . all audio config [over 20 files +++]
    . all media_codecs config
    . new mixer_paths

[=> Exclusive]
    - true resampling fix : r.i.p audio crackling and all audio issues in UX, Dialer, emulators ... etc [forever]
    - improve audio & camera recording
    - audio/video playback [Speaker, Headphones & BT] : Hi-Fi quality, loud & noiseless

[but first, you must delete these files with your File/Root Explorer:
    /product/vendor_overlay/29/etc/audio
    /product/vendor_overlay/29/etc/audio_policy_configuration.xml

/product/vendor_overlay/29/etc/audio_policy_engine_configuration.xml
    /product/vendor_overlay/29/lib/soundfx
    /product/vendor_overlay/29/lib64/soundfx
    ]

Update : [2021-03-12]
    - move to global 12.0.8.0 as firmware base [boot & vendor]
    - ramdisk :
    . disable mi_thermald and re-enable again thermal-engine
    [on all custom roms : mi_thermald breaks the proximity sensor & suspend service in deepsleep => avoid hand wave gesture & AOD to work properly !]
    . clean up & update

- vendor_selinux : add more camera permissions in property_contexts

- media_codecs : remove unused .xml
    - ueventd.rc : rework from scratch

Update : [2021-03-07]
    - ramdisk :
    . update cpuset & schedtune settings
    . improve memory multitasking
    . make that "damn" fingerprint truly responsive (y)
    . enable UFS powersaving
    . some clean-up & disable MIUI audio service

- media_profiles :
    . rework from scratch
    . add slow motion profile support : up to 1080p/120 fps & 720p/960 fps
    . front video camera : add 4K support

- build.prop :
    => update parameters for : camera, ril, performance, playback ... and more

Update : [2021-03-05]
    - rework from scratch : init.qcom.sh & init.qcom.post_boot.sh
    - ramdisk : clean-up and add init.qcom.power.rc
    . fix CPU instability : set 300 mHz as CPU minimum frequency for all cores / update schedutil governor parameters
    . cpu_boost : improve touch responsiveness
    . add built-in display power saving [for both huaxing & tianma panels]

- vendor permissions : rebuild from scratch / fix wronlgy settled paths (by Xiaomi) in some qti.xml

- camera : rework from scratch ISO/lowlight config

- remove dummy hbtp folder ... since there is no binary to load or device specific config
    - targetconfig : update CoreCtlCpu to [0,6]
    - build.prop : clean up and move NFC parameters to build_surya.prop
    - [Bonus] : Wi-Fi signal improved (x2) !!! :)
    . 2.4 Ghz : 144 => 300
    . 5 GHz : 433 => 866

[but first, you must delete this folder, with your File/Root Explorer :
    /product/vendor_overlay/29/etc/wifi ]

Update : [2021-03-01]
    - update msm_irqbalance.conf
    - update audio_effects.conf & remove audio_effects.xml
    - universal vbmeta & vbmeta_system added

Update : [2021-02-27]
    - initial release
    - rework all build.prop (vendor & odm) from scratch
    - debloated from unused MIUI folders, files & configs
    - Kernel :
    . enforcing selinux by default
    . workqueue enabled in cmdline => better dynamic refresh rate handling by the CPU & stellar deep-sleep
    . fstab reworked from scratch
    Update : Unified vendor (surya/karna) uploaded.

Check OP for more informations !

(y)
    Update 2021-03-21

Read the changelog [OP]

Spring Gift :)
    its not working after restart didnt boot n just go to recovry

Wich firmware version you had just before flashing ???

The vendor provided must match the firmware version that you have !!!