• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Verification Failed on Magisk S7 Edge Oreo

Search This thread

dknight178

Jan 21, 2012
London
Hi Guys,

I want to install magisk on my phone (S7 Edge Exynos - stock Oreo). I also installed TWRP (which does not stick for some reason) which tripped my Knox.

I tried both the latest stable and beta versions via odin - and tried either just "preserve force encryption" (default) or "preserve force encryption" and "preserve AVB 2.0/dm-verity" but it yielded the same issue:
"Verification Failed: Unable to restart your device. The integrity verification has failed. You need to reset your device to factory default settings. This will erase all your data" and this asks me to reset. Fortunately, I can still use odin to flash stock boot.img.tar.

I tried TWRP but I can't access my storage files (both sd card and internal storage). I mounted USB OTG to follow this (https://forum.xda-developers.com/s7-edge/how-to/guide-install-magisk-galaxy-s7-exynos-t3726314) and flash the two files mentioned but the same error occurred.

Is there any other way aside from formatting data (to let twrp access internal storage and allow me to flash the disable encryption zip) or to do factory setting (so that encryption will be gone)?

I don't have any backups of my files and titanium backup does not work on non-rooted phones.

Thank you!

Last edited:

vamprook

Mar 30, 2011
Hi Guys,

I want to install magisk on my phone (S7 Edge Exynos - stock Oreo). I also installed TWRP (which does not stick for some reason) which tripped my Knox.

I tried both the latest stable and beta versions via odin - and tried either just "preserve force encryption" (default) or "preserve force encryption" and "preserve AVB 2.0/dm-verity" but it yielded the same issue:
"Verification Failed: Unable to restart your device. The integrity verification has failed. You need to reset your device to factory default settings. This will erase all your data" and this asks me to reset. Fortunately, I can still use odin to flash stock boot.img.tar.

I tried TWRP but I can't access my storage files (both sd card and internal storage). I mounted USB OTG to follow this (https://forum.xda-developers.com/s7-edge/how-to/guide-install-magisk-galaxy-s7-exynos-t3726314) and flash the two files mentioned but the same error occurred.

Is there any other way aside from formatting data (to let twrp access internal storage and allow me to flash the disable encryption zip) or to do factory setting (so that encryption will be gone)?

I don't have any backups of my files and titanium backup does not work on non-rooted phones.

Thank you!

I have exactly the same issue, nothing works.

Reactions: dknight178

madbat99

Mar 1, 2014
Hi Guys,

Thank you!
You need to ask in your device's forum if that twrp version is able to read encrypted storage. It doesn't sound like it.

Reactions: dknight178

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Guys,

Thank you!

I have exactly the same issue, nothing works.
    Hi Guys,

Thank you!
    You need to ask in your device's forum if that twrp version is able to read encrypted storage. It doesn't sound like it.