Question Verizon calling problems

Search This thread
Not yet. I was going to wait for the fall release of A13 before I wiped and finally gave up. It's not often enough, although frustrating, that I have to rely on a reboot to restore connectivity since mostly I've learned to just look the other way, shake my head and wait the 15 minutes. The point being they should never have released this last October with all the fpr issues and radio malfunctioning. This has been ongoing for 9 months already in various iterations. I don't think any other device has these issues other than the P6 series.
I have better network connection in every possible way compared to my 7 Pro. I used Verizon on both.

hpower1

Jan 24, 2012
I am on day 2 of running A13 beta 3, and so far I have not lost cellular connection once. Not saying it won't happen but I didn't have a day like that in the 7-10 days prior. So for me, its been much better.

Reactions: jcp2 and swieder711

swieder711

I am on day 2 of running A13 beta 3, and so far I have not lost cellular connection once. Not saying it won't happen but I didn't have a day like that in the 7-10 days prior. So for me, its been much better.
I am hoping that a fresh install of the June A12 update will give me similar results. I didnt install A13 beta 3 because I wanted a custom kernel and the AOSP mods which dont support A13 yet.

Reactions: jcp2

hpower1

Jan 24, 2012
Thought I would check in on this again, not to take over this thread. But the 3.2 beta so far has been great for me. No issues that I have found. Have gone out many times several places and never lost network connection once so far. I'll likely update to the 3.3 beta (with -w removed) but I want to run this a bit more to see. Overall I'm happy and glad I did it.

TonikJDK

Dec 9, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Thought I would check in on this again, not to take over this thread. But the 3.2 beta so far has been great for me. No issues that I have found. Have gone out many times several places and never lost network connection once so far. I'll likely update to the 3.3 beta (with -w removed) but I want to run this a bit more to see. Overall I'm happy and glad I did it.

Appreciate the info and feedback very much.

hpower1

Jan 24, 2012
well that is great news. I almost did that, or considered waiting for July update and doing the same, but so far, I'm glad I tried the A13 beta. I like it.

Reactions: jcp2 and swieder711

hpower1

Jan 24, 2012
I updated to beta 3.3 this morning since is was available. install and rooted no issues. I did not do a full wipe this time. Will see what this brings.

Reactions: swieder711

droidDHD

Nov 28, 2011
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
I use esim and nano . Had random calls where there was sudden silence but call was ongoing, I didn't hear a thing and opposite side also.
Things that helped me with my P6P:
> adaptive connectivity off
> automatically select network off

hpower1

Jan 24, 2012
Thought I would provide another update. As far as A13 overall, I do like it. Phone has seemed faster and FP reader is better. I think I'm going to go back to A12 soon though. I have only had the exclamation point once for sure, but have had several times now where people try to call me and just goes to voicemail. Been very frustrating, especially when I check it, all seems normal. I am also going to get a new sim to try that, to check one more thing off the list since I haven't tried that yet.

Hate to say it but I'm tempted to go back to my pixel 4 XL here. I hate having to check my phone all the time and wonder if its even working.

TonikJDK

Dec 9, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Hate to say it but I'm tempted to go back to my pixel 4 XL here.

I had a Note 20 given to me when I had my 3XL. Since the 3XL is unsupported I am going back to the 20. That is how bad it is for me, O would rather have Sammy's crummy software.

Looks like the 7 is getting a newer version of the same Sammy modem chip, I suspect it too will be a disaster.

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
I had a Note 20 given to me when I had my 3XL. Since the 3XL is unsupported I am going back to the 20. That is how bad it is for me, O would rather have Sammy's crummy software.

Looks like the 7 is getting a newer version of the same Sammy modem chip, I suspect it too will be a disaster.
Possibly A13 will help but I'm in the same boat. The radio is bogus and connection extremely spotty. What were they thinking. I'm really at a loss as to where to go at this point. iOS is so bad but the phone is killer. Can we root an iPhone and put on A13? Now that's something I could live with.

reaper000

Aug 3, 2009
OnePlus 9
I'm on VZW, but am using the regular global version of the 12.1 July update. However, just for kicks I flashed the radio from A13 beta 3.3.
Think I got better/faster connectivity..?

Who knows, if I get bored, I might dirty flash the VZW July version. Either just the radio (if it's different) or the factory image.

jcp2

I'm on VZW, but am using the regular global version of the 12.1 July update. However, just for kicks I flashed the radio from A13 beta 3.3.
Think I got better/faster connectivity..?

Who knows, if I get bored, I might dirty flash the VZW July version. Either just the radio (if it's different) or the factory image.
Any chance you could upload the radio from beta 3.3 for me/us to try as well? Then I/we don't have to download the whole 2+gb zip. Thanks in advance. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    From all appearances, the poor reception is seen as a hardware issue. Now that doesn't mean reception can't be improved by optimizing software, but there's likely a hard ceiling.

Can't remember which article was published when the Tensor chip was first revealed to be based on Exynos designs, but it warned back then, before the P6P was released, that the inherent modem was markedly inferior.

Unfortunately, I'm thinking that prescience has been borne out. This phone has the worst reception of any phone I've had in the past 5-6 years. Still usable for me, but ugh...
    Lately, I have been having trouble calling and receiving phone calls. I often get an exclamation point next to the cell phone signal icon. Sometime the exclamation goes away. Other times, I get a message that the cellular network is not available.

I tried the following:
    • Reseating the SIM
    • Resetting the network settings
    • Toggle airplane mode
    • Switch Preferred network between LTE and 5G

Results are inconsistent, so I am coming the XDA to see if others have seen this or have suggestion for a fix.

EDIT: Seems to be a common problem, with no clear fix. https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixel/comments/qkag56
    thanks
    mine has been doing the same, seems to be really bad last few weeks too. I was planning to do a full reset and see what that does. Good to now about the A13 beta, as that was my next step if full factory reset/flash doesn't help. Thanks for this thread.
    I had the same problem on Orange network in France but the last android 13 beta (3.2) solved the problem.
    Lately, I have been having trouble calling and receiving phone calls. I often get an exclamation point next to the cell phone signal icon. Sometime the exclamation goes away. Other times, I get a message that the cellular network is not available.

I tried the following:
    • Reseating the SIM
    • Resetting the network settings
    • Toggle airplane mode
    • Switch Preferred network between LTE and 5G

Results are inconsistent, so I am coming the XDA to see if others have seen this or have suggestion for a fix.

EDIT: Seems to be a common problem, with no clear fix. https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixel/comments/qkag56
    thanks
    The last option you have before warranty is to re-flash the device. It's worth a shot... When flashing, be sure to enable wipe and force flash partitions (by hitting the pencil for advanced options located on the flasher page).

Google's web flash tool is here.
    From all appearances, the poor reception is seen as a hardware issue. Now that doesn't mean reception can't be improved by optimizing software, but there's likely a hard ceiling.

Can't remember which article was published when the Tensor chip was first revealed to be based on Exynos designs, but it warned back then, before the P6P was released, that the inherent modem was markedly inferior.

Unfortunately, I'm thinking that prescience has been borne out. This phone has the worst reception of any phone I've had in the past 5-6 years. Still usable for me, but ugh...