• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Verizon Cancelled my Note 7 payments

Search This thread

Shredder96

Mar 6, 2012
A few weeks ago I spoke to a Verizon rep and he said that I would be paying off the Note 7 until I decided to replace it in the exchange.

HOWEVER

Just a few days ago as I was looking at my Verizon bill that my Note 7 payments had disappeared. Surprised by this, I asked a rep in the chat about it -- they told me that my Note 7 was completely paid for (I didn't pay it, in fact, I put the minimum down and was making payments since). Has anyone else noticed this on their accounts? It's a nice surprise.

kat3k

Nov 22, 2010
Verizon said refund I did not ask for is on the way

Just got this from Verizon:

You should receive your check soon. View online
Your Samsung Galaxy Note7 refund has been processed.

We processed your refund due to the recent recall of your purchased Samsung Note7. You will receive a check in 2-3 weeks for the amount of $864.00, which includes the purchase price of the device, any purchased Note7 accessories, and any fees paid during your upgrade or exchange.

If you have not already upgraded your Note7, you qualify for special incentives when you upgrade to a new device. The easiest way to upgrade is online:
• Customers upgrading to another Samsung device will receive a $100 bill credit. Customers upgrading to any other device will receive a $25 bill credit. Credits will be applied to your bill in 1-2 bill cycles.
• Upgrade fees will be waived at checkout.
• Plus, all orders receive free 2-day shipping.
• For detailed instructions and FAQs, please visit: go.vzw.com/note7faq.
After your order is processed, you will receive a special recovery box to return your Note7. Please send us your Note7 at your earliest convenience.

I have had no communication with them and intend to keep my phone until next Note comes out. I guess if they send me a check and I don't cash it and don't use their return box, I'd be okay for a while. This is pretty aggressive I'd say.

Shredder96

Mar 6, 2012
Just got this from Verizon:

You should receive your check soon. View online
Your Samsung Galaxy Note7 refund has been processed.

We processed your refund due to the recent recall of your purchased Samsung Note7. You will receive a check in 2-3 weeks for the amount of $864.00, which includes the purchase price of the device, any purchased Note7 accessories, and any fees paid during your upgrade or exchange.

If you have not already upgraded your Note7, you qualify for special incentives when you upgrade to a new device. The easiest way to upgrade is online:
• Customers upgrading to another Samsung device will receive a $100 bill credit. Customers upgrading to any other device will receive a $25 bill credit. Credits will be applied to your bill in 1-2 bill cycles.
• Upgrade fees will be waived at checkout.
• Plus, all orders receive free 2-day shipping.
• For detailed instructions and FAQs, please visit: go.vzw.com/note7faq.
After your order is processed, you will receive a special recovery box to return your Note7. Please send us your Note7 at your earliest convenience.

I have had no communication with them and intend to keep my phone until next Note comes out. I guess if they send me a check and I don't cash it and don't use their return box, I'd be okay for a while. This is pretty aggressive I'd say.

Wow, this is interesting. Have you done anything that would make Verizon think that you're no longer using your Note 7? Also was this in an email or text? I've been getting intermittent texts about returning the phone, but they all say the same thing about the voluntary recall.

Nov 18, 2016
Just checked my verizon account, my line no longer shows a phone payment charge, just the line access charge. Interesting. Any way to take advantage of this situation? lol

kat3k

Nov 22, 2010
Wow, this is interesting. Have you done anything that would make Verizon think that you're no longer using your Note 7? Also was this in an email or text? I've been getting intermittent texts about returning the phone, but they all say the same thing about the voluntary recall.

I have kept a very low profile and done nothing to make them think I am returning it or not using it. I get the periodic stock text, but nothing like this. If I were to accept the refund, I would think they might be able to blacklist my IMEI, and it would seem logical if I receive payment I would not longer own the phone. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Shredder96

Mar 6, 2012
I have kept a very low profile and done nothing to make them think I am returning it or not using it. I get the periodic stock text, but nothing like this. If I were to accept the refund, I would think they might be able to blacklist my IMEI, and it would seem logical if I receive payment I would not longer own the phone. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Definitely keep me posted, that's quite the scenario

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

imucarmen

May 28, 2012
I got a note 7 right when the new batch released which I think was around September 21st and I've had mine since. As soon as the second recall was announced around Oct 10th Verizon wiped it clean from my account even though I still had it. It also showed my upgrade available so I got a Pixel XL which I then exchanged for the V20 and I still have the Note 7 as I type this. I even spoke with Verizon on the phone and the girl said my account shows no record of me having a Note 7, so I'm keeping it. I just use it as a wi-fi device now. If Verizon had any intentions of charging for the device they would have waited until it was returned before issuing any refunds or erasing from people's account.

Shredder96

Mar 6, 2012
I got a note 7 right when the new batch released which I think was around September 21st and I've had mine since. As soon as the second recall was announced around Oct 10th Verizon wiped it clean from my account even though I still had it. It also showed my upgrade available so I got a Pixel XL which I then exchanged for the V20 and I still have the Note 7 as I type this. I even spoke with Verizon on the phone and the girl said my account shows no record of me having a Note 7, so I'm keeping it. I just use it as a wi-fi device now. If Verizon had any intentions of charging for the device they would have waited until it was returned before issuing any refunds or erasing from people's account.
Yeah I got my replacement the first day they were available -- this must when the payments were cancelled. Has anyone on Verizon with a note 7 not had their payments taken care of?

bayniner

Jan 31, 2011
When the 2nd recall was announced verizon refunded me all the payments i had made and they gave me my upgrade back, i upgraded to the V20 and still have my note 7. Samsung sent me a box to send it back but i never did that was a month ago

KyleKutta

Jan 25, 2013
Memphis
i still have the og note 7. got it right before the recall hit in september. . as far as i can tell its free for me as well. i made one payment and was even refunded for that!! LoL