Verizon compatibility?

Search This thread

Jhould007

Apr 28, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S20
I highly doubt that it will, given that none of the previous models have been able to. From my understanding, GSM technology is faster and allows for better connectivity than CDMA networks like Verizon, which is why it is the only type supported by phones made in places other than North America. I could be wrong, but judging by the past I don't think it's very likely

AvRS

Dec 21, 2009
Well they're trying to make this a global phone so if Verizon is CDMA:BC0 then it'll work as that's what it's listed to work on along with 33 others network bands.

xgerryx

May 26, 2011
New Hampshire
Well they're trying to make this a global phone so if Verizon is CDMA:BC0 then it'll work as that's what it's listed to work on along with 33 others network bands.

No Band 13 = big problems for Verizon trying to get LTE working normally. It would work on the network I suppose but that is Verizon's main LTE band and also the only one that doesn't overlap with other carriers, like 2 and 4 do.

swieder711

From the Oneplus website:

LTE/LTE-A
DL 3CA/256QAM, UL CA/64QAM
Supports up to DL CAT12/ UL CAT13(600Mbps/150Mbps) depending on carrier support
depending on carrier support

Bands
FDD LTE: Band 1/2/3/4/5/7/8/12/17/18/19/20/25/26/28/29/30/66
TDD LTE: Band 38/39/40/41
TD-SCDMA: Band 34/39
UMTS(WCDMA): Band 1/2/4/5/8
CDMA EVDO: BC0
GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz

geoff5093

Jun 13, 2011
They came so close... I have Verizon and T-Mobile, so when I get mine I'm going to pop a Verizon SIM in and just see what happens.

realbananA

Apr 4, 2016
From the Oneplus website:

LTE/LTE-A
DL 3CA/256QAM, UL CA/64QAM
Supports up to DL CAT12/ UL CAT13(600Mbps/150Mbps) depending on carrier support
depending on carrier support

Bands
FDD LTE: Band 1/2/3/4/5/7/8/12/17/18/19/20/25/26/28/29/30/66
TDD LTE: Band 38/39/40/41
TD-SCDMA: Band 34/39
UMTS(WCDMA): Band 1/2/4/5/8
CDMA EVDO: BC0
GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz

So this should work on sprint?

Pem3108

Sep 1, 2010
New York
I put my Verizon Sim in my OP5 and it did get signal, but it showed 1x and right above it 3G. I did a quick speedtest and I was at about 1MB/s. I get around 70MB/s with my iPhone. So I guess the answer is that it does work, but it does not work well. I also don't know about MMS, I tried SMS and phone calls and that worked fine.

tolymatev

Feb 27, 2011
Greenville
It has bands 2 and 4 but missing 13. No go for me.
Why is it so hard to add band 13. You have all the rest on there. Idiots.
We Verizon users hate Verizon devices but i will not switch networks. If one plus wants to be a true flagship killer and sell a lot of phones, they should include all bands. Verizon is the biggest network out there.
Thats my opinion.

trentbg

Oct 30, 2009
Atlanta
We Verizon users hate Verizon devices but i will not switch networks. If one plus wants to be a true flagship killer and sell a lot of phones, they should include all bands. Verizon is the biggest network out there.
Thats my opinion.
I totally agree with you my dear Bulgarian friend, makes no sense at all to me. But I will see and give feedback as soon as mine arrives on Friday. I know from a fact that if you live in a fairly big city, band 13 is really not needed, down in ATL I am good with 2 and 4 on all devices. Tested on Mi Mix, which also lacks the band 13, but it has 2 and 4. Anyway I will let you all know on Friday.

Last edited:

co.ag.2005

Apr 26, 2010
Fort Worth
Google Pixel 5
I totally agree with you my dear Bulgarian friend, makes no sense at all to me. But I will see and give feedback as soon as mine arrives on Friday. I know from a fact that if you live in a fairly big city, band 13 is really not needed, down in ATL I am good with 2 and 4 on all devices. Tested on Mi Mix, which also lacks the band 13, but it has 2 and 4. Anyway I will let you all know on Friday.

yeah, I'm usually on band 4 here in my town, but when I'm in my office building, it does switch to band 13 since it needs that lower frequency to penetrate the building. So I'd imagine I wouldn't have signal or very weak signal in my office. But I'll try it, mine's set to arrive on Friday as well.

trentbg

Oct 30, 2009
Atlanta
yeah, I'm usually on band 4 here in my town, but when I'm in my office building, it does switch to band 13 since it needs that lower frequency to penetrate the building. So I'd imagine I wouldn't have signal or very weak signal in my office. But I'll try it, mine's set to arrive on Friday as well.

Yeah we will have to test, to be honest in the office I am on WiFi so not an issue, but then again are we going to have VoLTE, text and call is questionable.

co.ag.2005

Apr 26, 2010
Fort Worth
Google Pixel 5
Yeah we will have to test, to be honest in the office I am on WiFi so not an issue, but then again are we going to have VoLTE, text and call is questionable.

yeah, I have wifi at work too, but I wouldn't receive calls or texts (does Verizon send calls/texts over wifi? I don't think they do unless the phone supports that option, which I doubt this one will).

trentbg

Oct 30, 2009
Atlanta
I dont think so too, it will be interesting to find out. I am glad they are going the step forward to include more bands, but VZN strikes again. I am sure even if they added band 13, without VZN whitelisting their IMEIs, its still unusable. We will see.

Kahun

Sep 25, 2013
Ipswich
Quoted from android central

So no Verizon compatibility?

Nope. It may look that way because the phone technically supports one of Verizon's legacy CDMA frequencies and a handful of its LTE bands, but OnePlus has no intention of ever officially supporting Verizon.

So basically no official support but might work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I put my Verizon Sim in my OP5 and it did get signal, but it showed 1x and right above it 3G. I did a quick speedtest and I was at about 1MB/s. I get around 70MB/s with my iPhone. So I guess the answer is that it does work, but it does not work well. I also don't know about MMS, I tried SMS and phone calls and that worked fine.
    Thats my opinion.

I actually talked to Carl Pei about this yesterday and he was completely unaware of the fact that band 13 was required to run on Verizon. He said that a lot of bands were missing and that even if they had band 13 for LTE, the phone would have still lacked proper 3g bands. He furthermore flat out said that the US market just isn't their main focus right now and that once they have the capital that Google has to make phones, they will make sure to make it compatible with Verizon.
    again a new phone...again completely ignoring the largest carrier in the US
    I actually talked to Carl Pei about this yesterday and he was completely unaware of the fact that band 13 was required to run on Verizon. He said that a lot of bands were missing and that even if they had band 13 for LTE, the phone would have still lacked proper 3g bands. He furthermore flat out said that the US market just isn't their main focus right now and that once they have the capital that Google has to make phones, they will make sure to make it compatible with Verizon.

That's fine if they don't want to officially make it compatible...but at least give us the bands and let us try to deal with getting it to work. and the 3g bands dont really matter anymore you can run Verizon on only LTE in most places now. These guys aren't like samsung or LG yet...people buying these phones at this point are aware of more than they average user, so its not like a bunch of people are going to buy and and they say **** it doesn't work on verizon and send it back.

Also verizon has 187 million subscribers..largest in the US....if even 1 percent get the OP that's 1.8 millions dollars...but maybe 1.8 million isnt a big deal to them....

On top of no B13, there's no BC1 at all.

In short, you're lacking the primary LTE band and half of your legacy voice and 3G.

A miserable experience no matter what.

The legacy voice and 3g don't matter as much...Verizon is getting rid of all that soon and going full VOLTE soon. Even now you can go full LTE in most places. So for 90 percent of people out there not having 3g/CDMA compatibility they probably wouldn't even notice.

not having band 13 however is a huge deal and seriously at this point with how long they have been around it seems like they are almost excluding it on purpose.

I would sacrifice 3g and CDMA capabilities to get this phone....I cannot sacrifice full LTE compatibility.

But it doesn't even matter at this point what's done is done and it can't be fixed unless that have a way to unlock that band somehow.
    Thats my opinion.