[Verizon Galaxy Nexus Users] Get Double Data LIMITED TIME

Search This thread

mengheng

Feb 7, 2012
Wow, this is a great deal. Well, better than I would have had before. I'm curious though, I have to go in-store to upgrade my old phone to the Galaxy Nexus. Do I just ask for a $30 4GB plan? What happens if they say they don't know anything about it? I don't think I can cite some online article :/

Esteway.619

Dec 30, 2010
san diego
Wow, this is a great deal. Well, better than I would have had before. I'm curious though, I have to go in-store to upgrade my old phone to the Galaxy Nexus. Do I just ask for a $30 4GB plan? What happens if they say they don't know anything about it? I don't think I can cite some online article :/

you can just go online and change it after words

Reactions: mengheng

mwalt2

Feb 22, 2009
That is the plan I currently have. I don't even get near that much, typically ~2GB a mon but it is nice to not have to worry.
Yeah, I'm thinking of getting the 10gb for $50 too. I used the loophole to get unlimited data, but who knows how long that will last. My work discount would apply to the $50 data plan too, so it would be only $10/mo more than what I currently pay and I'd probably have a better shot at keeping that plan in the future (as opposed to having unlimited data when I wasn't even a Verizon customer prior to it ending).

They shut that down a while ago.
No, I've read multiple people getting it added to both 3G and LTE plans in the past several days. It just depends on what rep you talk to.

W

WiredPirate

People saying it can be done online can you write up a quick walk through? I went online yesterday and didn't see the promo. I have the double data now but I'm sure others will apreciate it and I'm curious what I missed..?

axaxnow

Nov 11, 2010
Make sure you are account owner to change plan

Something that may be helpful for others attempting to make the change in the My Verizon app: make sure your My Verizon login is the Account Owner. I had just recently activated my service and when I logged in to the My Verizon website it said I was an "Account Member." There is a small question mark icon, click that and it will let you make yourself Account Owner. Once you've done so, you'll get a text message telling you that you are now owner. If the My Verizon app was already running, exit it with the Back key, start it again, and you can change your plan to double the data at no additional cost.

Hope this helps.

mengheng

Feb 7, 2012
Something that may be helpful for others attempting to make the change in the My Verizon app: make sure your My Verizon login is the Account Owner. I had just recently activated my service and when I logged in to the My Verizon website it said I was an "Account Member." There is a small question mark icon, click that and it will let you make yourself Account Owner. Once you've done so, you'll get a text message telling you that you are now owner. If the My Verizon app was already running, exit it with the Back key, start it again, and you can change your plan to double the data at no additional cost.

Hope this helps.

Would this be the same for someone like me who is under a parent line? Would it be easier to just call in? Thank you for you explanation by the way.

W

WiredPirate

Agreed. 2GB+ on AT&T is considered excessive for unlimited data and you get throttled.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    if you have 2GB data plan or 4GB then you better be quick and upgrade 2GB (at no cost to 4GB) and i think 4GB to 5GB? not sure about 4GB PLAN.

I just upgraded from 2GB to 4GB at no cost.

credit goes to this guy http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=2394725

Whoever upgraded please write in this thread!

2/12/2012 HOW TO:

Step . 1 - go to verizonwireless website

Step #2
    image.png

Step #3
    choose the "4gb plan or which ever you like"

image.jpg

Press submit (note: for me it showed 2 data plans like i have to choose 2 it will give you on submit page double the amount in PRICE meaning data 30+30 but this is a BUG you will not be billed for 2 DATA PLANS)

Step #4 ENJOY!
    I'm switching to Verizon on the 14th. Do you think they will be offering the double data still?

you can just go online and change it after words
    Thank goodness for grandfathered unlimited data.i burn through 4gb in like 4 days

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

ATT users thought the same way. Ask them how that is going for them.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium
    I just got out of my new 2 yr contract at sprint since they changed their employee discount policy. I was scared to go to VZW b/c of the tiered data. On sprint i use 11GB average a month on 4G alone.
    After i saw the double your data and BOGO offer me and the wife decided to go for it plus I will get 22% with my employee discount. I went to amazon wireless and got a GN for myself and a RAZR for my wife I have the 10GB $50 and 4GB for $30 for my wife with the 2000 min + unlimited text plan. I hope i made the right decision Im a bit worried about my data usage, I hope i dont get stuck with overages.

I did the same thing, well my wife is staying with Sprint but I ordered my GN on Friday from Amazon and went with the 10 gigs for $50. I also get a 22% discount and the cool thing is the discount will come off the $50 data plan making it $39. They do not discount the $30 plan though.

So if you use 11 gigs one month, it should only cost you $49 that month. What do you do with your phone to constantly hit that high anyway? Do you tether your laptop to it on a daily basis?