• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Verizon Galaxy S8 Delivered! 4/19

Search This thread

rudyo78427

Mar 13, 2013
san jose
Just received my S8 today! Super stoked. Also, before I completely set up the phone, I didn't add any google accounts. I immediately went to disable all the bloatware and preinstalled apps I don't use. Not sure what Verizon did, but I was able to delete most of the bloatware that came on the device! The disable feature wasn't blocked out. Guess Verizon is finally giving the customers what they wanted. Was able to delete the following:

Verizon : Navigator, Caller ID, Cloud, Message+, NFL mobile, Slacker Radio & games
Google: Google Play/TV, Music, Hangouts ( I don't use any of these apps)

Attachments

• 0419171149.jpg
    0419171149.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 409
Reactions: barondebxl

equake

The model for the US versions are all the same except for Carrier specific S/W and bloat. Not much bloatware on VZW except noted in OP and a couple of games which I think are Samsung. There are a couple of Amazon apps which I use but otherwise its fairly clean.

Now to disable Bixby and remap the Bixby key.

Phone feels too narrow even to my smallish hands but very comfortable. No problems navigating so far.

my 2 cents

insomnia

Feb 16, 2006
Chula Vista
The model for the US versions are all the same except for Carrier specific S/W and bloat. Not much bloatware on VZW except noted in OP and a couple of games which I think are Samsung. There are a couple of Amazon apps which I use but otherwise its fairly clean.

Now to disable Bixby and remap the Bixby key.

Phone feels too narrow even to my smallish hands but very comfortable. No problems navigating so far.

my 2 cents

SO better to leave phone on verizon FW even tho using it with tmobile sim ?

sage3

Apr 14, 2011
Texas
FYI, I had uninstalled all of the Verizon bloat I was allowed to right when I got the phone(12pm cst). Just a few minutes ago after opening voicemail (it downloaded visual) I noticed all of the bloat was back and couldn't be uninstalled...

I went ahead and did a factor reset which let me remove it again. I have now disabled DT Ignite which I assume is being used to push the bloat again.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

FYI, I had uninstalled all of the Verizon bloat I was allowed to right when I got the phone(12pm cst). Just a few minutes ago after opening voicemail (it downloaded visual) I noticed all of the bloat was back and couldn't be uninstalled...

I went ahead and did a factor reset which let me remove it again. I have now disabled DT Ignite which I assume is being used to push the bloat again.

Did the bloat install again?

sage3

Apr 14, 2011
Texas
Thanks, I'm using Package Disabler Pro, but it's better to uninstall app to save space.
I just wish they would allow us to uninstall all of their crap. I still have Message+, Caller Name ID, VZ protect, and Cloud all of which I don't use. Also have voicemail and my Verizon which I use. So what.. really only got to uninstall a couple :( better than none I guess. Probably wasn't worth my time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Eddie Hicks

ironbesterer

Feb 8, 2012
Chicago

Be sure you disable "DT Ignite". That is the app that install all the bloat.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Settings screenshots attached :D
    Just received my S8 today! Super stoked. Also, before I completely set up the phone, I didn't add any google accounts. I immediately went to disable all the bloatware and preinstalled apps I don't use. Not sure what Verizon did, but I was able to delete most of the bloatware that came on the device! The disable feature wasn't blocked out. Guess Verizon is finally giving the customers what they wanted. Was able to delete the following:

Verizon : Navigator, Caller ID, Cloud, Message+, NFL mobile, Slacker Radio & games
    Google: Google Play/TV, Music, Hangouts ( I don't use any of these apps)
    Did the bloat install again?
    Nope sure hasn't. Also note, I have not taken the Verizon OTA yet.

Thanks, I'm using Package Disabler Pro, but it's better to uninstall app to save space.
    I just wish they would allow us to uninstall all of their crap. I still have Message+, Caller Name ID, VZ protect, and Cloud all of which I don't use. Also have voicemail and my Verizon which I use. So what.. really only got to uninstall a couple :( better than none I guess. Probably wasn't worth my time.