• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Verizon HTC One M8 - Global Bands Active/configured

Search This thread

rudyo78427

Mar 13, 2013
san jose
Just wanted to give some info I found using QPST(qualcomm software) to see what cell bands are configured for our HTC One M8. I even looked at the Rezound bands as well. As most of you know, verizon didn't carrier lock our phones, so if we switch to global or even GSM network, we can use other carriers GSM SIM cards. Just need to properly configure the APN's of course. Below are the bands that the phone will search for when Global Network is selected. I pulled this configuration from my actual device. The Rezound only was missing Bit 19 & 49 selection, but everything else was selected:

[Bit_00] Band Class 0, A-System
[Bit_01] Band Class 0, B-System
[Bit_02] Band Class 1, all blocks
[Bit_07] GSM DCS 1800 band
[Bit_08] GSM Extended GSM (E-GSM) band
[Bit_09] GSM Primary GSM (P-GSM) band
[Bit_19] GSM 850 band
[Bit_21] GSM PCS 1900 band
[Bit_22] WCDMA Band I - EUROPE JAPAN & CHINA IMT 2100 band
[Bit_23] WCDMA Band II - US PCS 1900 band
[Bit_26] WCDMA Band V - US 850 band
[Bit_49] WCDMA Band VIII - EUROPE & JAPAN 900 band

rudyo78427

Mar 13, 2013
san jose
I'm guessing the reason some of us are having issues on Tmobile is that the AWS bands are missing? Can we enable them somehow?

It could possibly be activated using QPST, but there are other steps to do it. The only issue is that since QPST is the QualComm radio programing, there is potential to lose signal quality or lose all radio functionality. That said, it could also be possible to recover by flashing the original firmware or RUU to recover. I now T-mobile uses 1900 GSM PCS band and AWS 1700 mHZ. There is another program I use to actually enable more bands. The program basically converts the selection of bands to a hexidecimal number to use in QPST software to program the added bands. Again, not sure if the Qualcom chip can use it. There is a WCDMA band selection for Bit (25) IV- US 1700 than could be programed to enable. I used a thread from the Sony Xperia forum to help me use the two programs.

regspy

Aug 17, 2011
Just wanted to give some info I found using QPST(qualcomm software) to see what cell bands are configured for our HTC One M8. I even looked at the Rezound bands as well. As most of you know, verizon didn't carrier lock our phones, so if we switch to global or even GSM network, we can use other carriers GSM SIM cards. Just need to properly configure the APN's of course. Below are the bands that the phone will search for when Global Network is selected. I pulled this configuration from my actual device. The Rezound only was missing Bit 19 & 49 selection, but everything else was selected:

[Bit_00] Band Class 0, A-System
[Bit_01] Band Class 0, B-System
[Bit_02] Band Class 1, all blocks
[Bit_07] GSM DCS 1800 band
[Bit_08] GSM Extended GSM (E-GSM) band
[Bit_09] GSM Primary GSM (P-GSM) band
[Bit_19] GSM 850 band
[Bit_21] GSM PCS 1900 band
[Bit_22] WCDMA Band I - EUROPE JAPAN & CHINA IMT 2100 band
[Bit_23] WCDMA Band II - US PCS 1900 band
[Bit_26] WCDMA Band V - US 850 band
[Bit_49] WCDMA Band VIII - EUROPE & JAPAN 900 band

I activated all other bands yet i still didn't get LTE, so i assume the restriction is somewhere within the chip perhaps.

vanshee

Sep 15, 2012
London, UK
HTC One X
HTC One X+
I have an old phone info app that's the 4636 menu thing. Hadn't tried this before but just tried assigning the bands there. Somehow that just hosed me and now I only get the 1900 band it seems, so phone is radio-less for me now :(
There's a solution for this problem, if you are s-off-ed. I also did the same thing - i selected USA bands and my phone radio died. Just make a nandroid, flash ARHD , go to the same 4636 menu and it will give you another option in band selection - Auto!! Choose auto, then reboot and make sure you have connection with the network. Then restore from nandroid and you're good to go! I will try to find the link to the original thread!

EDIT: There it is: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2773907
If it helps you - thank the people in the original thread, i didn't find this solution, i'm just sharing the info!

Last edited:
Reactions: xdadevnube

BobbySteel

May 25, 2010
Londonistan, UK
There's a solution for this problem, if you are s-off-ed. I also did the same thing - i selected USA bands and my phone radio died. Just make a nandroid, flash ARHD , go to the same 4636 menu and it will give you another option in band selection - Auto!! Choose auto, then reboot and make sure you have connection with the network. Then restore from nandroid and you're good to go! I will try to find the link to the original thread!

If it helps you - thank the people in the original thread, i didn't find this solution, i'm just sharing the info!

Thanks that was helpful! Somehow I also had recently loaded a Xposed app to show CPU speed on the top bar. I uninstalled that then after two reboots things came back. So odd, but I'm not complaining at this point.

regspy

Aug 17, 2011
after a google search it seems people have gotten into problems with chaning bands on verizon devices, the above solutions brings the radio back to life. But it certainly doesn't unlock LTE on europe bands.

So i guess its a lost cause, as it must be a hardware limitation

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok guys ive finally unlocked Band 3 and 7 (europe) LTE on Verizon HTC one m8.....

Here are the steps

Thanks to @olokos @BlackSoulxxx @fffft

Original thread for unlocking all bands
    In UAE but we use the same LTE bands as Europe. You can try the qpst thing on stock Rom or cleanROM

I have an old phone info app that's the 4636 menu thing. Hadn't tried this before but just tried assigning the bands there. Somehow that just hosed me and now I only get the 1900 band it seems, so phone is radio-less for me now :(

I can confirm now that by only changing my build.prop and the Lte NV value, I've had my verizon m8 work with att lte in the US (on a Vodafone UK sim), euro lte on band 20 in France, and by changing the build.prop back to stock, still retaining verizon lte capabilities.

This unit is all stock (running bonestock for verizon m8) except for edits to build.prop and the two NV changes.
    @regspy, hey mate you still around ?
    so the steps you performed, enabled LTE for Europe any ideas on how it can be configured for Asian bands for VZW M8 ?