• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Verizon kdz, can anyone offer advice?

Search This thread

leopard_fist

Jul 31, 2013
Does anyone know where I could find the appropriate kdz file for the verizon unlocked version of this phone? Thank you

leopard_fist

Jul 31, 2013
Before I try rooting again, can someone tell me, or point me to a resource that explains, how I can back things up, so that if something goes wrong, I can start back over from square one? I can't make a nandroid backup because I don't have twrp. I guess a proper kdz would do it. Is there some sort of device backup in qfil?
thanks very much!

Kevin Guz

Oct 22, 2021
LG G8
Before I try rooting again, can someone tell me, or point me to a resource that explains, how I can back things up, so that if something goes wrong, I can start back over from square one? I can't make a nandroid backup because I don't have twrp. I guess a proper kdz would do it. Is there some sort of device backup in qfil?
thanks very much!
you can back up every partition using qfil

AsItLies

Nov 4, 2009
tucson
Google Pixel 3
thanks very much!

you absolutely don't need to back up every file because you have the kdz available. There are really just a handful of partitions that identify that phone you should backup; ftm, fsg, modem, modemst1 and modemst2 (both a and b sides if the partition has a and b). (these partitions have your imei / sn in them).

some additional partitions you could also backup; abl, laf, boot, xbl, vbmeta. But, keep in mind, because the kdz is available, you can use the kdz extractor utilities to get those partitions from it.

those that need full backups are those that have sprint and at&t phones, as there are no kdz available for them.