• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Verizon LTE Signal Dropping off randomly on my new P6 PRO.

Search This thread

Rumsfield

Apr 3, 2015
I am still on the Verizon GuDP plan (which is very uncommon nowadays).
Since that is a legacy plan, 5G (the crappy version) is only available to me.
I turned off 5G and switched to LTE only but the problem keeps happening.
(Exclamation point in the triangle, no service, etc.) Then service appears again after a few minutes.

I have two identical 6 PRO's, one is on the new style verizon unlimited and my daily driver is on the OG gUDP plan.
Both phones are rooted/magisk, etc. Only the one on the gUDP plan is constantly losing signal.
Anyone else having issues in a similar situation? Both have sim cards from Pixel 3's.

Reactions: ah0y

Nidstang

May 15, 2014
Google Pixel 6
Try the eSIM, or a new SIM card from VZW.

I have yet to see someone post about these problems while using an eSIM. And VZW flat out told me that older SIM cards (in my case, from a P3) may not work properly with the P6.

Reactions: ah0y

ah0y

Nov 26, 2016
Google Pixel 6
eSIM is software based, no physical SIM card. So how would one go about reactivating with a eSIM when you've already activated with a regular SIM?

ah0y

Nov 26, 2016
Google Pixel 6
eSIM doesn't help. I'm in the same boat, I tried eSIM and problem still persists. Google acknowledged that there's a signal issue we the Pixel 6/Pro after articles were written by the media.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am still on the Verizon GuDP plan (which is very uncommon nowadays).
    Since that is a legacy plan, 5G (the crappy version) is only available to me.
    I turned off 5G and switched to LTE only but the problem keeps happening.
    (Exclamation point in the triangle, no service, etc.) Then service appears again after a few minutes.

I have two identical 6 PRO's, one is on the new style verizon unlimited and my daily driver is on the OG gUDP plan.
    Both phones are rooted/magisk, etc. Only the one on the gUDP plan is constantly losing signal.
    Anyone else having issues in a similar situation? Both have sim cards from Pixel 3's.
    Try the eSIM, or a new SIM card from VZW.

I have yet to see someone post about these problems while using an eSIM. And VZW flat out told me that older SIM cards (in my case, from a P3) may not work properly with the P6.