• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Verizon MMS won't download

Search This thread

void4ever

Jan 14, 2011
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8T
Awesome, sounds good, i hope he finds something.

I'm still using QKSMS like I reported earlier with the only change to my phone being I'm now running the HolyDragon kernel ver 0.15, for the last 2 weeks.
I've still had no issues since switching to QK.

OOS 9.0.7 with HolyDragon Kernek 0.15
Rooted
Call record module
Viper module

I do like QK, but i'd love to go back to Chomp if he can weed out the issues! Keeps us updated please!

Void4ever

replica9000

May 31, 2009
Awesome, sounds good, i hope he finds something.

I'm still using QKSMS like I reported earlier with the only change to my phone being I'm now running the HolyDragon kernel ver 0.15, for the last 2 weeks.
I've still had no issues since switching to QK.

OOS 9.0.7 with HolyDragon Kernek 0.15
Rooted
Call record module
Viper module

I do like QK, but i'd love to go back to Chomp if he can weed out the issues! Keeps us updated please!

Void4ever

New fix seems to work well for me.

jibgilmon

Apr 29, 2009
@replica9000 Did the Chomp/Textra dev provide any information regarding the cause and fix? I just sent them a message through the support link on the ChompSMS website; is that what you used to contact them?
--
@reaper000 and @kitcostantino - I just tested on RR, and while incoming MMS does not work with built-in Messaging or Android/Google Messages, it DOES work with Pulse SMS. I did not test out messages above a certain size; just a standard image from a phone. If either of your could perform this test with Pulse, Chomp, or Textra from a ROM on which incoming MMS was not working at all, that would be excellent! I've reached out to the Chomp/Textra dev asking what changes they made to correct this in Chomp. If you guys can reproduce the same behavior that I explained, and the Chomp dev provides the fix he implemented, we may have the information we need to report this to Lineage/AOSP.

reaper000

Aug 3, 2009
OnePlus 9
@replica9000 Did the Chomp/Textra dev provide any information regarding the cause and fix? I just sent them a message through the support link on the ChompSMS website; is that what you used to contact them?
--
@reaper000 and @kitcostantino - I just tested on RR, and while incoming MMS does not work with built-in Messaging or Android/Google Messages, it DOES work with Pulse SMS. I did not test out messages above a certain size; just a standard image from a phone. If either of your could perform this test with Pulse, Chomp, or Textra from a ROM on which incoming MMS was not working at all, that would be excellent! I've reached out to the Chomp/Textra dev asking what changes they made to correct this in Chomp. If you guys can reproduce the same behavior that I explained, and the Chomp dev provides the fix he implemented, we may have the information we need to report this to Lineage/AOSP.

I finally got Carbon to install, and it's limited with MMS as well. Using Chomp 8.8 did not make any difference.

Reactions: jibgilmon

jibgilmon

Apr 29, 2009
Just giving an update. Today's Omnirom build contains network-related changes that seems to have fixed MMS for Verizon! I am able to receive MMS now using the built-in messaging app.

b8842dc0

Nov 11, 2015
Tested Omnirom rom on my mclaren 6t. The stock AOSP messaging app works for incoming MMS in that ROM, due to changes made by the omnirom devs. But for my own reasons, I had to go back to Lineage. Unfortunately the stock messaging app has MMS problems in Lineage. As has been detailed elsewhere on xda, by @jibgilmon, Lineage has not (yet) incorporated the fixes to make the stock app work. Thankfully, QKSMS seems to work well for me. However, I'd prefer to use Silence, from F-Droid, but it suffers from the incoming MMS problem. Has anybody ever figured out, what changes need to be specifically made to fix incoming MMS on these messaging apps? If I knew, it would help me to file a much more helpful bug report for the Silence app.

Thanks!

Reactions: jibgilmon

Dlind

May 10, 2016
Port orchard, WA
i cant receive mms messages on any rom so far but i can send sometimes as of august and September builds i havent tested omni yet. apn stuff doesnt seem to work as of yet. THE SEARCH CONTINUES lol

THERAJ12

Feb 16, 2009
I used to be able to get MMS from a single iphone user via SIGNAL ( just not group MMS) but after updating to Android 10 ROMS I can't get any MMS via SIGNAL...I'll try QKSMS and see if that works.

Bandalo76

May 29, 2012
My OP6T on Verizon was working fine with Android 9 and Google Messages. I updated to Android 10 during the initial release (before the pause). After that nothing worked for MMS or group SMS until I did a full wipe and reinstall of everything. Now I can get MMS and group SMS, but only with the OnePlus Messages app. Every other messaging app fails to download messages.

Dlind

May 10, 2016
Port orchard, WA
had issues on verizon using most pie and q roms. so far havoc pie, aex, evox rom, stock work with little to no issues, on q im using evo x with no issues. havoc q does not even detect a sim, i havent tried omni.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    --

I finally got Carbon to install, and it's limited with MMS as well. Using Chomp 8.8 did not make any difference.
    You are able to receive, though, right? Just in low quality?
    Yup, I can send in hundreds of kb, but I receive in tens...
    Tested Omnirom rom on my mclaren 6t. The stock AOSP messaging app works for incoming MMS in that ROM, due to changes made by the omnirom devs. But for my own reasons, I had to go back to Lineage. Unfortunately the stock messaging app has MMS problems in Lineage. As has been detailed elsewhere on xda, by @jibgilmon, Lineage has not (yet) incorporated the fixes to make the stock app work. Thankfully, QKSMS seems to work well for me. However, I'd prefer to use Silence, from F-Droid, but it suffers from the incoming MMS problem. Has anybody ever figured out, what changes need to be specifically made to fix incoming MMS on these messaging apps? If I knew, it would help me to file a much more helpful bug report for the Silence app.

Thanks!