Verizon native tether subscription bypass

DaPoets

Jul 10, 2007
Beverly Hills, CA
Really not sure what is going on with it. Sometimes it flies right through activating the HotSpot, and sometimes it just hangs, w/ even it going so fast sometimes that only the refresh button is pressed and almost at the exact same moment it activates the hotspot w/ it being Too Soon.... It would be good if it had an option for pausing say 0.25 seconds in between each task.

okibi

Jul 24, 2008
Really not sure what is going on with it. Sometimes it flies right through activating the HotSpot, and sometimes it just hangs, w/ even it going so fast sometimes that only the refresh button is pressed and almost at the exact same moment it activates the hotspot w/ it being Too Soon.... It would be good if it had an option for pausing say 0.25 seconds in between each task.
You can add the wait task in between.

Reactions: DaPoets

mazorcajones

Nov 7, 2007
bypassing the verizon tether subscription check by installing network signal refresher, refresh signal and immediately turn on hotspot while refreshing. Confirmed working.

I did not come up with this. I have been using this method for a while now and can't remember where I originally got the information to give credit.
You shouldn't have to bypass tethering at all on Verizon, afaik. It should just allow you.
Edit: Nevermind, just realized y'all are on unlimited plans.

Last edited:

defens23

Jan 22, 2012
Forgive my ignorance, I have unlimited data and this will allow me to use my hotspot to tether without VZW knowing?

And the name of the app is Network Signal Refresher Lite?

Last edited:

moosc

Feb 21, 2010
Charlotte NC

Riley Martin

Jan 7, 2016
When was Verizon OKed to block tethering? In 2012 the FCC decided that Verizon can't restrict tether nor can they charge for it, except for some legacy plans.

scoutconnor1

Oct 12, 2016
I have the hotspot on, but any devices I connect to it cannot access the internet.
My Windows machine initially said there was a DNS issue, but after manually setting them to Google, the devices say there is no internet.
Any ideas?

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
I have the hotspot on, but any devices I connect to it cannot access the internet.
My Windows machine initially said there was a DNS issue, but after manually setting them to Google, the devices say there is no internet.
Any ideas?
I don't know but
you just did the build.prop edit?
Verizon?
using security?
band?
tried rebooting?

Sent from my XT1254 using XDA Labs