• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Verizon Note 7 Recall Procedures [Discussion]

Search This thread

natedawg5784

May 13, 2010
Got this free text from VZW this morning, keep in mind I'm on a corporate plan with no control over how this plays out, am at the mercy of our IT group and our company's "dedicated Verizon Business Consultant":

"The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission has announced that Samsung is recalling its Galaxy Note7 Smartphones and told consumers to "immediately stop using and power down" the recalled Note7 devices purchased before 9/15/16. Samsung's new Note 7 is available today. Verizon strongly advises that you replace your current Note7 with a new Note 7. You'll be able to get the new Note7 by working directly with your dedicated Verizon Business Consultant. You should hold on to and not ship your current Note 7 device. We are waiting to receive instructions from Samsung about shipment of these devices. You will be contacted with further instructions on how to return your Note7. We know this exchange is an inconvenience, so we are providing a $25 bill credit." (plus links to Samsung's and the CPSC's websites on the matter to learn more)

Reactions: elliwigy

elliwigy

Forum Moderator / Recognized Dev / Dev Relations
Staff member
XDA App Taskforce
Got this free text from VZW this morning, keep in mind I'm on a corporate plan with no control over how this plays out, am at the mercy of our IT group and our company's "dedicated Verizon Business Consultant":

"The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission has announced that Samsung is recalling its Galaxy Note7 Smartphones and told consumers to "immediately stop using and power down" the recalled Note7 devices purchased before 9/15/16. Samsung's new Note 7 is available today. Verizon strongly advises that you replace your current Note7 with a new Note 7. You'll be able to get the new Note7 by working directly with your dedicated Verizon Business Consultant. You should hold on to and not ship your current Note 7 device. We are waiting to receive instructions from Samsung about shipment of these devices. You will be contacted with further instructions on how to return your Note7. We know this exchange is an inconvenience, so we are providing a $25 bill credit." (plus links to Samsung's and the CPSC's websites on the matter to learn more)

just called my local store and theygot replacements in today so ill b there soon as they open to get my note 7!

i told her y situation having an s7e n all n she said dont worry about it i willget my note 7 back to just come tomorrow and they will do whatever theyneedto for the exchange

ChrisAC84

Nov 11, 2009
Clinton, TN
I'm going to exchange mine in the morning, but I was just wondering. I kinda want the black variant now instead of the blue one. Would they exchange the case I bought as well? It wouldn't match if I got the black instead of the blue coral

MrBaltazar

Oct 28, 2014
Seattle
Just picked up a refreshed model tonight at Verizon store.

Attachments

• newnote7.jpg
    newnote7.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 93

elliwigy

Staff member
XDA App Taskforce
I'm going to exchange mine in the morning, but I was just wondering. I kinda want the black variant now instead of the blue one. Would they exchange the case I bought as well? It wouldn't match if I got the black instead of the blue coral

dont kno bout changing colors.. i originally had black so i really hope i get black again..

the accessories probably not if you still have your original note 7.. dont think theyd exchange n7accessory for other n7 accessories lol

i might have to buy more again.. i got a s7e case nscreen protector when i swapoed my n7 and accessories, hope they swap thecase again at least

ChrisAC84

Nov 11, 2009
Clinton, TN
dont kno bout changing colors.. i originally had black so i really hope i get black again..

the accessories probably not if you still have your original note 7.. dont think theyd exchange n7accessory for other n7 accessories lol

i might have to buy more again.. i got a s7e case nscreen protector when i swapoed my n7 and accessories, hope they swap thecase again at least

Well I'm gonna take it in with the box and see what they say. Will post my results tomorrow

guthrien

Feb 26, 2011
They ask what color you want, I think they're just trying to have a short window where people are left to their own devices. I couldn't believe I got a call. Just because they had a good manager when I called the other day, not a real system.

elliwigy

Staff member
XDA App Taskforce
i know i would be mad if i go in and they dont have black like i originally had because they gave them to color switchers...

i know youre no where near me so hope you get yours just sayin lol

im goin in without my s7e box n see what they say lol (it will be in my car)..

they kept tellin me id be notified when theyre in stock but of course 0 notification and ive went in the store every day since saturday and had multiple phone conversations, youre lucky lol

MrBaltazar

Oct 28, 2014
Seattle
did they make u returnall accessories n stuff?

He didnt even look in the box past the phone so I don't think they care. I kept the micro to USB-C adapter and the USB-C cable. Gave the rest back. They treat it like any other exchange. I couldve gotten a different color or even an iPhone 7. Btw I flashed at&t firmware on this unit just as easy as the original note 7.

---------- Post added at 06:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 AM ----------

i know i would be mad if i go in and they dont have black like i originally had because they gave them to color switchers...

i know youre no where near me so hope you get yours just sayin lol

im goin in without my s7e box n see what they say lol (it will be in my car)..

they kept tellin me id be notified when theyre in stock but of course 0 notification and ive went in the store every day since saturday and had multiple phone conversations, youre lucky lol

This is why i went in today. I called at 1pm and they didn't have any. I called again at 5 and they had them in stock. All news and emails say they will be in tomorrow even though they got shipment at 3pm today. I beat the rush because i know the next 2 weeks will be hard to get a black note 7 like i had. I cancelled going to the gym and finishing my home office remodel to go to the Verizon store lol.

Last edited:

elliwigy

Staff member
XDA App Taskforce
He didnt even look in the box past the phone so I don't think they care. I kept the micro to USB-C adapter and the USB-C cable. Gave the rest back. They treat it like any other exchange. I couldve gotten a different color or even an iPhone 7. Btw I flashed at&t firmware on this unit just as easy as the original note 7.

---------- Post added at 06:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 AM ----------

This is why i went in today. I called at 1pm and they didn't have any. I called again at 5 and they had them in stock. All news and emails say they will be in tomorrow even though they got shipment at 3pm today. I beat the rush because i know the next 2 weeks will be hard to get a black note 7 like i had. I cancelled going to the gym and finishing my home office remodel to go to the Verizon store lol.
i should get a black one.. imgoin in soon asthey open tomorrow.. ill b waiting haha

ChrisAC84

Nov 11, 2009
Clinton, TN
I switched mine this morning. I didn't have much option on color, all they had was black lol. Of course I wanted black this go round anyway. They didn't check for any accessories in the box, even though I had everything in there. They did let me exchange the case to match the new color, also. I tried to get the $25 bill credit instead of the discount on accessories, but they said since I was exchanging it for another note 7 I could only get the discount, or forfeit the 25 bucks. So I opted for the fast charging wireless stand

EDIT: I forgot to mention the rep told me they were first come, first served. So if you wanna exchange you gotta beat the rush of new customers

elliwigy

Staff member
XDA App Taskforce
I switched mine this morning. I didn't have much option on color, all they had was black lol. Of course I wanted black this go round anyway. They didn't check for any accessories in the box, even though I had everything in there. They did let me exchange the case to match the new color, also. I tried to get the $25 bill credit instead of the discount on accessories, but they said since I was exchanging it for another note 7 I could only get the discount, or forfeit the 25 bucks. So I opted for the fast charging wireless stand

EDIT: I forgot to mention the rep told me they were first come, first served. So if you wanna exchange you gotta beat the rush of new customers

thats bs.. the note 7s are not for sale to new customers, they are strictly replacements for original owners and do not actually go on resale until October.. if theyre giving them to newcustomers they need to get in trouble by corporate and Samsung

elliwigy

Staff member
XDA App Taskforce
Maybe he meant first come, first served for exchanges, but he didn't really clarify

maybe lol. he said if u want to get one "you have to beat the rushof new customers" which threw me off.. ideaise hell..theyre supposed to send as many replacements as they actually sold at each store so they have enough

mysmartone

Jan 5, 2013
maybe lol. he said if u want to get one "you have to beat the rushof new customers" which threw me off.. ideaise hell..theyre supposed to send as many replacements as they actually sold at each store so they have enough

I exchanged my Note 7 yesterday at a local Verizon store, and they told me that they are allowed to sell to new customers. They are also selling them on verizon wireless online to anyone who wants one.

elliwigy

Staff member
XDA App Taskforce
I exchanged my Note 7 yesterday at a local Verizon store, and they told me that they are allowed to sell to new customers. They are also selling them on verizon wireless online to anyone who wants one.

thats such bs imo.. we have a certain window to exchange n they might sell it to anewcustomer?

ARR22

Oct 30, 2010
Verizon wont take exchange out because my bill is 2 days past due with a payment scheduled for this Friday. I complained saying this is a special circumstance. They were looking into it and guess what? They had to hang up due to a fire drill! I could here the siren. Wonder if a Note 7 caught fire. Are they f ing kidding me? They said they would call me back. I will report back.

Ps This is after going into a corporate verizon store only for them to not want to help me. They said they ran out of stock. And to call big red to get one ordered. I got into my car to make the call. I saw people walking out with brand new ones while I was on the phone on hold I got out of my car and asked the guy if he got his replaced. He said no he just came in and bought one for the first time. I was livid and went back in and saw that they were activating 2 more. To a couple that were behind me in line. They said they were sorry but they were reserved blah blah. One would think that customers with recalled devices would take precedence. Guess not.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Verizon I went to didn't want the accessories. I had everything in the box and he told me just to give them the phone and the box, I could keep everything else.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk
    Terrible experience today (and the past couple of weeks) with Verizon over this.

Since the start of the recall, my nearest corporate store has refused to provide loaners. They said you either return it, exchange it, or keep it until the new ones come in. Even when the recall became mandatory, they refused to do anything if I wanted to get a new one when they were available. I wanted a new one, so I held onto it. This morning I called to see if they had any replacements in stock. They said yes. I informed them it was a 40 minute one way drive for me to get there, and I wanted them to confirm that there would be stock when I arrived. They said while they couldn't hold one, they had plenty of stock and I should drive over. I get there, and they're out. They had been selling them to new customers, not just replacing recalled units.

I called Verizon customer service to inform them of what happened and ask for a replacement to be mailed. After waiting for 20 minutes, I relayed the morning's story and promptly put on hold to be transferred to someone else. After holding for 30 minutes, I explained the situation again and asked why they're selling them to new customers before replacing all of the recalled units. In the middle of my question, the guy said "I'm not dealing with this" and put me on hold. After 30 more minutes, I spoke with a third person who was much nicer and said she could overnight one to me.

But wait - in order for them to send me a replacement, I would first have to pay $74 in taxes by credit card. I told her I already paid taxes when I first purchased the phone, and I questioned the legality of charging any money whatsoever in a government-ordered recall. She said it would be refunded when they receive the original phone from me. In this situation, that's not acceptable. We politely went back and forth for an hour with her talking to several supervisors. I told her to cancel my account several times throughout the discussion. This started out as a bit of an empty threat on my part as no one else has stable service where I live, but halfway through I was 100% committed to do it. They finally agreed to credit my account for the amount I was paying in taxes today in addition to refunding the amount once they receive my recalled phone. My new phone should be here tomorrow.

Following the multi-hour ordeal that consumed my entire morning, I called the Consumer Product Safety Commission to file an official complaint about how Verizon is handling the recall process. The woman I spoke with seemed very concerned that Verizon was selling the device to new customers before replacing all of the recalled devices and that they were charging any money at all to replace the phone, regardless of whether it would be refunded or not.
    I bought my note 7 from a third party. How can I get it swapped out? I went to hear but and they said I couldn't do it it I didn't buy it from them. I'm sure it would be the same if I went to the Verizon store. Anyone who bought from eBay Craigslist Swappa or Amazon ever get a replacement?
    There is a thread under "Questions and Answers" about something similar to this. You may want to check it out.
    She also said it would b3 possible to complete over the phone once they have replacement devices availablesoIcanavoid the storealtogether
    just went into the store forsome accessories nasked again and he told me if i wanted the Note 7 I wouldve had towait that the rep over the phone was lying lol

such a mess and they cant gettheir facts straight

Should of told him he was lying and to do his damn job.