• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Verizon Note 7 Recall Procedures [Discussion]

Search This thread

elliwigy

Forum Moderator / Recognized Dev / Dev Relations
Staff member
XDA App Taskforce
good info just tried to contact store where we did the exchange and they said its accessories for accessories so oh well. I guess there are a lot of VZW employees with chargers, headphones and cables that will be on ebay or offerUp soon LOL

what do u mean by accessories for accessories? if you originally purchased them for note 7 then exchanged for the loaner phones accessories you should be able to exchange it back to the note 7 accessories

when talking about accessories i mean the cases and screen protectors..

i just turned in my broken note 7 and box only (nothing else in the box) and then when i got my n7 it was brand new with everything and they swapped out my loaner accessories again back to what i originally purchased..

ru talking about the in box accessories? they shouldve given you brand new notes with new box and all in box content/accessories

playya

Jan 12, 2007
Florida
ru talking about the in box accessories? they shouldve given you brand new notes with new box and all in box content/accessories

The above did not happen we gave them a phone and they only gave us a phone in return. Called a store and they said that you would have to return all accessories in the box to get the phone and all the accessories in the box

Last edited:

6Seven

Sep 28, 2012
Chicago
The Verizon I went to didn't want the accessories. I had everything in the box and he told me just to give them the phone and the box, I could keep everything else.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

alcaponed

Oct 18, 2010
Mine was a bit of a pain just because I'm not an authorized user on my account, and I just opened Verizon so I can't add anyone. I went to another store and they weren't bothered by this, and the exchange was a bit slow but painless. I had an S7 Edge and NEVER owned a Note 7 but even though my S7 was past the 14 days I was able to upgrade to the Note. Loving the Verizon customer service so far! I was able to do this on the afternoon that the new devices arrived in the store.

warriorpluto

Sep 11, 2008
in the streets racing
I bought my note 7 from a third party. How can I get it swapped out? I went to hear but and they said I couldn't do it it I didn't buy it from them. I'm sure it would be the same if I went to the Verizon store. Anyone who bought from eBay Craigslist Swappa or Amazon ever get a replacement?

redsman55

Nov 1, 2010
Myrtle Beach, SC
I bought my note 7 from a third party. How can I get it swapped out? I went to hear but and they said I couldn't do it it I didn't buy it from them. I'm sure it would be the same if I went to the Verizon store. Anyone who bought from eBay Craigslist Swappa or Amazon ever get a replacement?
There is a thread under "Questions and Answers" about something similar to this. You may want to check it out.

Reactions: warriorpluto

jjayzx

Apr 14, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Mine was a bit of a pain just because I'm not an authorized user on my account, and I just opened Verizon so I can't add anyone. I went to another store and they weren't bothered by this, and the exchange was a bit slow but painless. I had an S7 Edge and NEVER owned a Note 7 but even though my S7 was past the 14 days I was able to upgrade to the Note. Loving the Verizon customer service so far! I was able to do this on the afternoon that the new devices arrived in the store.

If you didn't have the note 7 beforehand it SHOULDN'T have been sold to you.

jjayzx

Apr 14, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3

elliwigy

Forum Moderator / Recognized Dev / Dev Relations
Staff member
XDA App Taskforce
Would think they would just check with AT&T to see what the imei was to know if it was a new one or not.

because there are laws in place to protect customers and the imei is considered CPNI once sold to a customer

they cant just give information out to any company that asks for it for obvious reasons. Samsung did sell the phone but is no loger their property and since theres millions they need to confirm once they have it in hand but i take the guys word for it that it was a replacement lol

alcaponed

Oct 18, 2010
If you didn't have the note 7 beforehand it SHOULDN'T have been sold to you.

Yea I found it strange but after talking to Customer Service they said because I bought the Edge during the recall period in which Note 7 wasn't in stock, I could purchase a Note if I wanted. I thought they would reserve the phones like T Mobile did but at least at Verizon they didn't.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Verizon I went to didn't want the accessories. I had everything in the box and he told me just to give them the phone and the box, I could keep everything else.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk
    Terrible experience today (and the past couple of weeks) with Verizon over this.

Since the start of the recall, my nearest corporate store has refused to provide loaners. They said you either return it, exchange it, or keep it until the new ones come in. Even when the recall became mandatory, they refused to do anything if I wanted to get a new one when they were available. I wanted a new one, so I held onto it. This morning I called to see if they had any replacements in stock. They said yes. I informed them it was a 40 minute one way drive for me to get there, and I wanted them to confirm that there would be stock when I arrived. They said while they couldn't hold one, they had plenty of stock and I should drive over. I get there, and they're out. They had been selling them to new customers, not just replacing recalled units.

I called Verizon customer service to inform them of what happened and ask for a replacement to be mailed. After waiting for 20 minutes, I relayed the morning's story and promptly put on hold to be transferred to someone else. After holding for 30 minutes, I explained the situation again and asked why they're selling them to new customers before replacing all of the recalled units. In the middle of my question, the guy said "I'm not dealing with this" and put me on hold. After 30 more minutes, I spoke with a third person who was much nicer and said she could overnight one to me.

But wait - in order for them to send me a replacement, I would first have to pay $74 in taxes by credit card. I told her I already paid taxes when I first purchased the phone, and I questioned the legality of charging any money whatsoever in a government-ordered recall. She said it would be refunded when they receive the original phone from me. In this situation, that's not acceptable. We politely went back and forth for an hour with her talking to several supervisors. I told her to cancel my account several times throughout the discussion. This started out as a bit of an empty threat on my part as no one else has stable service where I live, but halfway through I was 100% committed to do it. They finally agreed to credit my account for the amount I was paying in taxes today in addition to refunding the amount once they receive my recalled phone. My new phone should be here tomorrow.

Following the multi-hour ordeal that consumed my entire morning, I called the Consumer Product Safety Commission to file an official complaint about how Verizon is handling the recall process. The woman I spoke with seemed very concerned that Verizon was selling the device to new customers before replacing all of the recalled devices and that they were charging any money at all to replace the phone, regardless of whether it would be refunded or not.
    There is a thread under "Questions and Answers" about something similar to this. You may want to check it out.
    She also said it would b3 possible to complete over the phone once they have replacement devices availablesoIcanavoid the storealtogether
    just went into the store forsome accessories nasked again and he told me if i wanted the Note 7 I wouldve had towait that the rep over the phone was lying lol

such a mess and they cant gettheir facts straight

Should of told him he was lying and to do his damn job.