• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Verizon Note 7 removing features

Search This thread

Samzebian

May 22, 2010
Westfield
I noticed this day 1 of using my new note, and was actually relieved to find the old settings menu, wasn't looking forward to the 'new and improved' version.

Ram cleaners and task killers are unnecessary.

I actually think Verizon made a decent choice here.

Only thing is I hope the screens are the same otherwise that's a huge deal

jackfei2

Apr 16, 2012
The Hiya integration (Caller-ID/Block) doesn't seems to be on the verizon Note 7, instead Verizon loaded their bloatware version of Hiya that requires subscription. I think this is in the legally grey area and I hope they get fined big time by FCC.

tattooguy21

Apr 2, 2011
Well, it looks like they've removed (or at least hidden) some previous options such as motion and gestures (screenshot with hand swipe).

Last edited:

MatroxD

Feb 17, 2013
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
This is a big deal..

Sent from my SM-N930V using XDA-Developers mobile app
It's in there, just a pain to find.. lol, honestly, I found it, and added one number, but for the life of mine, I cannot remember where and the steps.. However, it is there..

from note 7

---------- Post added at 04:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 AM ----------

How to get Samsung Cloud! I'm just resharing link.... :)

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...k-i-found-samsung-cloud-verizon-note-7-a.html

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
I never thought about using it before, however, since I have had just about every note, I had a ton of action memos, etc.. Those did not port over, and throughout the series, I have had to find ways of keeping them(evernote being on my note 4 which I had before this one), but now that everything is rippled into one app, I have to see if I can get them from evernote..

The Samsung cloud, would have come in handy for this.. And I never honestly thought about it before..

from note 7

Reactions: Rippley05

jackfei2

Apr 16, 2012
Really? If you remember please post, I'd love to see if I can get the Hiya caller ID working as Samsung meant it to work on the Note 7.
I believe he meant the phone number blocking feature that's under application > phone.

It's unfortunate we can't raise more awareness on this. Verizon bloatware "caller name id" does the exact samething but it's a 2.99 per month subscription.

MatroxD

Feb 17, 2013
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
I believe he meant the phone number blocking feature that's under application > phone.

It's unfortunate we can't raise more awareness on this. Verizon bloatware "caller name id" does the exact samething but it's a 2.99 per month subscription.
actually, I'm talking about the attached image. It is under contacts
7287cf57094bfbe9866e8322a039cfa9.jpg

Is this the one you were looking for? It's the only built in one I have ever used.

from note 7

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

Speaking of missing features, am i the only one that was missing samsung pay and the samsung music player
I didnt even realize that the stock music player was no longer on the device, are you sure

from note 7

st3ph3nbr!tt

Sep 21, 2011
So, in applications manager, select show system apps, and I found these three. How would we go about getting into them without root permissions, though? I bet the hiya integrated dialer is tucked away in there somewhere too.

Attachments

• 20160824_215120.png
    20160824_215120.png
    35.5 KB · Views: 291
  • 20160824_215047.png
    20160824_215047.png
    38.4 KB · Views: 287
  • 20160824_215018.png
    20160824_215018.png
    41.5 KB · Views: 287

bayniner

Jan 31, 2011
[/COLOR]
I didnt even realize that the stock music player was no longer on the device, are you sure

from note 7

Yea i even did a factory reset to look for it, i had to download it from the play store

---------- Post added at 06:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 AM ----------

Samsung music is also in the play store.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sec.android.app.music

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

Yea i downloaded it already i just found it odd that it didnt come installed on the phone

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just posted about this can't find it either

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk
    How to get Samsung Cloud! I'm just resharing link.... :)

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...k-i-found-samsung-cloud-verizon-note-7-a.html

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    So I just got my replacement phone yesterday at Verizon. While syncing all my data back onto my phone I came across this nice little app that I never noticed in the Samsung Store called "Hiya" ! This appears to be Samsung's answer to Verizon taking Samsung's baked in Caller ID program and making it into a paid app. I've installed this free "Hiya" app and it DOES in fact show caller ID for ANYONE, whether they are in my contacts or not, when receiving a call! You can also block callers with this app, among other functions. Check it out and download it!!! Enjoy FREE Caller ID as it was meant to be!
    jatle,

I agree wholeheartedly, but at least this is the same program, just not baked in. Still works and is still Free unlike Verizon's version.
    https://twitter.com/droid_life

No official article, just tweets. But looks like the screen is different too.

"Bottom line, Verizon wants you to have their version of the Note 7, not Samsung's. Spoiler: Their's isn't better than Samsung's." - Droid Life

Thanks for the link. Personally, I'm not going to worry about it. Does it suck yea. Am I going to return my phone or or leave Verizon? *sign* No....
    getting on live chat with verizon to see what they have to say about this total bull****