• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Verizon Note 7 removing features

Search This thread

le0.br4zuc4

Jun 8, 2010
Boca Raton, FL
Verizon removes free features to push their own paid service on pretty much every Android phone, specially Samsung devices since they are the devices with more features. I wonder is this is something that would allow a class action lawsuit since they are removing advertised free features (by Samsung) to promote paid features.

matsuyamakaze

Sep 12, 2014
So far Verizon has removed the samsung cloud 15 gigs free, the settings menu is not the new updated version. The device management system for ram battery and storage is gone, you have to go into my Verizon to use there crap one.

Sent from my SM-N930V using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 02:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 AM ----------

On top of that they removed Samsung ad block from the browser get it back in the play store.

Sent from my SM-N930V using XDA Free mobile app

nu2droid

Aug 10, 2010
Georgia
Does anyone know the file name for the battery management & etc?.. I ask because, like the cloud, maybe they just hid it and not actually removed it.
Just askin..

st3ph3nbr!tt

Sep 21, 2011
Does anyone know the file name for the battery management & etc?.. I ask because, like the cloud, maybe they just hid it and not actually removed it.
Just askin..
I found RAM management under smart manager or something. Don't have the shortcut maker installed anymore. It's there. But when I made the shortcut it says app not installed. Same with the hiya caller integration. Found that too, but says app not installed.

Reactions: wayne8821212

wayne8821212

Feb 2, 2009
Baltimore
I took our 2 Note 7s to ATT firmware and ported back to AT&T to get these features back. At least AT&T locker is 50 gigs if you are on a share plan in addition to easy access to the Samsung Cloud and Device Maintenance. There are things that I'm going to miss from Verizon's Note 7 experience like the fact that wifi calling and video chat are already working on the Verizon Note 7s (unlike AT&T). Interestingly, one of our Note 7s, joined the ATT network seamlessly. The other was stock at HSPA+. It turns out that the problem device's IMEI number mapped to a non-LTE Smart Phone for some reason. Once that was solved, it has been smooth sailing. Next hurdle is having to return both devices to VZW and doing this all over again due to the recall.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA-Developers mobile app

droid fetish

Jan 6, 2011
Perrysburg
That is true only if the apps. In your ram are apps that you use, having lots of ram filled with apps. you never use is not good, as a matter of fact, it is detrimental to the system (lag). I love these phones, I pick them up at the store and giggle with glee, but in the end I put them down and go back to my nexus. Our devs. here on XDA are much better than any manufacturer at making a rom I love to run, maybe the same isn't true for you.

B4ore

Mar 26, 2010
Denver
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
So I just got my replacement phone yesterday at Verizon. While syncing all my data back onto my phone I came across this nice little app that I never noticed in the Samsung Store called "Hiya" ! This appears to be Samsung's answer to Verizon taking Samsung's baked in Caller ID program and making it into a paid app. I've installed this free "Hiya" app and it DOES in fact show caller ID for ANYONE, whether they are in my contacts or not, when receiving a call! You can also block callers with this app, among other functions. Check it out and download it!!! Enjoy FREE Caller ID as it was meant to be!

jatle

Jun 27, 2014
So I just got my replacement phone yesterday at Verizon. While syncing all my data back onto my phone I came across this nice little app that I never noticed in the Samsung Store called "Hiya" ! This appears to be Samsung's answer to Verizon taking Samsung's baked in Caller ID program and making it into a paid app. I've installed this free "Hiya" app and it DOES in fact show caller ID for ANYONE, whether they are in my contacts or not, when receiving a call! You can also block callers with this app, among other functions. Check it out and download it!!! Enjoy FREE Caller ID as it was meant to be!
@B4ore -- I still would rather have it integrated in the dialer like Samsung originally intended. It just doesn't seem to work as well as that advertised version.

neverthehero

Sep 25, 2016
find my mobile

Reading through everything that is missing from Verizon's Note 7 , I"m surprised that no one has mentioned that Find My Mobile has been removed. Or is everyone content that it's been removed since the Note 5? Or perhaps no one uses that feature?.... I"m particular to this feature has a chat tech for them, I get annoyed when the customer doesn't have an option to unlock their current Samsung phone....

rushless

Jan 16, 2008
Last edited:

a2597

Jul 26, 2011
find my mobile is also part of the google suite, so long as you have a google account, all you have to do is go to google and type "find my mobile", all your devices will show up there.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just posted about this can't find it either

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk
    How to get Samsung Cloud! I'm just resharing link.... :)

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...k-i-found-samsung-cloud-verizon-note-7-a.html

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    jatle,

I agree wholeheartedly, but at least this is the same program, just not baked in. Still works and is still Free unlike Verizon's version.
    https://twitter.com/droid_life

No official article, just tweets. But looks like the screen is different too.

"Bottom line, Verizon wants you to have their version of the Note 7, not Samsung's. Spoiler: Their's isn't better than Samsung's." - Droid Life

Thanks for the link. Personally, I'm not going to worry about it. Does it suck yea. Am I going to return my phone or or leave Verizon? *sign* No....
    getting on live chat with verizon to see what they have to say about this total bull****