• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Verizon Note 7 Rooted Phone Mods Thread

Search This thread

EMSpilot

Inactive Recognized Themer
May 31, 2012
Havasu
You must be rooted:

Native Call Recording

Flash zip via FlashFire and you will have Native Call Recording.

Download Link AFH: Native Call Recording

Download link Dev Host: Native Call Recording

Remove VOLTE icon from Status Bar

Flash zip via FlashFire and the VOLTE icon will be gone.

Download Link AFH: Remove VOLTE icon

Download link: Remove VOLTE icon

24 toggles 6 across & 6 down mod see screenshot below

Download link: Toggles Mod

Flash zip via FlashFire

Add Toggles to QuickSettings

Download and flash this zip via FlashFire DBeditor

Then just as we use to do with Sqlite. Use this method to add toggles:

Run DbEditor

In SECURE TAB search for

Code:
ui

Click on sysui_qs_tile database, then on "Change Value" and add
Code: Change this to what you want.
Wifi,Bluetooth,SilentMode,RotationLock,Location,PowerSaving,AirplaneMode,DormantMode,Flashlight,UltraPowerSaving,PersonalMode,AllShareCast,Nfc,Sync,SFinder,MobileData,WiFiHotspot,VoLte,Ebook,SmartStay,TouchSensitivity,ScreenCapture,MultiWindow,Toolbox

Valid by OK

Enjoy and please hit thanks!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160830-133059.png
    Screenshot_20160830-133059.png
    78.1 KB · Views: 1,757
  • Screenshot_20160901-110338.jpg
    Screenshot_20160901-110338.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 1,505
  • step1.jpg
    step1.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 1,304
  • step2.jpg
    step2.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 1,284
Last edited:

jeffbob48

Jun 26, 2014
You must be rooted:

Native Call Recording

Download link: Native Call Recording

im doing some huge mods to the features xml so any mods you want tell me and i can put them in with other fixes

ExcuseTheN00b

Jun 21, 2011
I installed the Volte status remove download and it worked last night and this morning but when I got to work I noticed the icon was back but now it is black instead of white. I haven't downloaded or installed anything else. No other themes and still on the stock theme from Samsung. It really isn't a big deal but I just thought I would mention it and see if anyone else had that happen. I do not have the best signal at my house and will go between 1x, 3g and 4g all during the day but at work I am always on 4g so I wonder with it switching if it caused the Volte icon to reappear. I did re-flash it thru Flashfire and the icon went away again.

Edit. Just made my 1st phone call since last night and now native call recording is gone. I know it was there last night because I tested it on a call after flashing it. I am going to re-flash it again but not sure why both of these mods are disappearing when nothing else has been downloaded or installed. Once again not a big thing just wanted to mention it. I appreciate all the hard work being put into this phone from everyone!

Last edited:

EMSpilot

Inactive Recognized Themer
May 31, 2012
Havasu
I installed the Volte status remove download and it worked last night and this morning but when I got to work I noticed the icon was back but now it is black instead of white. I haven't downloaded or installed anything else. No other themes and still on the stock theme from Samsung. It really isn't a big deal but I just thought I would mention it and see if anyone else had that happen. I do not have the best signal at my house and will go between 1x, 3g and 4g all during the day but at work I am always on 4g so I wonder with it switching if it caused the Volte icon to reappear. I did re-flash it thru Flashfire and the icon went away again.

Edit. Just made my 1st phone call since last night and now native call recording is gone. I know it was there last night because I tested it on a call after flashing it. I am going to re-flash it again but not sure why both of these mods are disappearing when nothing else has been downloaded or installed. Once again not a big thing just wanted to mention it. I appreciate all the hard work being put into this phone from everyone!

I updated the Volte zip. I ran it all day yesterday and nothing, then this morning I got the black icon. I have since removed it. Let me know. The call recording is there and cannot be removed unless you flashed something else or are running xposed.

Reactions: ExcuseTheN00b

ExcuseTheN00b

Jun 21, 2011
I updated the Volte zip. I ran it all day yesterday and nothing, then this morning I got the black icon. I have since removed it. Let me know. The call recording is there and cannot be removed unless you flashed something else or are running xposed.
Yea haven't installed xposed or anything since the call recording. I will download the new zip for Volte and test it. So far since I have replaced the call recording it has stayed. Thanks for the help!

ExcuseTheN00b

Jun 21, 2011
Just got home and the Volte icon is back and is black. The only thing I have done is reconnect to my trucks bluetooth. I have no clue what causing but it's not a huge deal.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You must be rooted:

Native Call Recording

Download Link AFH: Native Call Recording

Download link Dev Host: Native Call Recording

Download Link AFH: Remove VOLTE icon

24 toggles 6 across & 6 down mod see screenshot below

Download link: Toggles Mod

Flash zip via FlashFire

Add Toggles to QuickSettings

Download and flash this zip via FlashFire DBeditor

Then just as we use to do with Sqlite. Use this method to add toggles:

Run DbEditor

In SECURE TAB search for

Code:
    ui

Click on sysui_qs_tile database, then on "Change Value" and add
    Code: Change this to what you want.
    Wifi,Bluetooth,SilentMode,RotationLock,Location,PowerSaving,AirplaneMode,DormantMode,Flashlight,UltraPowerSaving,PersonalMode,AllShareCast,Nfc,Sync,SFinder,MobileData,WiFiHotspot,VoLte,Ebook,SmartStay,TouchSensitivity,ScreenCapture,MultiWindow,Toolbox

Valid by OK

24 toggle mod 6 x 6 added in OP

I added a 24 toggle mod 6 x 6 in the OP. I will try to add more toggles to it such as Hotspot etc. This may take some time.
    thanks for the mods.. that site is terrible however lol.. i keep getting ads popping up, have to click download button multiple times for it to actually DL lol i prefer afh

AFH added Enjoy!!! Hows the buildprop mods going?
    Where do the files save too? I found an option to enable call recording from nova launcher but cant seem to find out if it is working..

The modified file is others.xml it goes into system/omc/VZW. If you use FlashFire all you have to do is flash my zip. Otherwise you can extract my zip and copy the file manually.
    So by looking at the zip contents it looks like we may be able to revert the icon color back to default by replacing the imsservice.apk with the unmodified one. Anyone feel like supplying the original apk file for us to try. I don't like the VOLTE icon always on but I would rather have the original back since this doesn't really remove it. Then we can find an actual solution for the problem.