• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Verizon Note 7 Rooted Phone Mods Thread

Search This thread

psychatog64

Jan 27, 2011
So question when comparing the stock bzw deodex files you posted with whats on our rooted one's can't we just add in what's missing or correct what's different and should fix some things? Or am i totally wrong lol

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

Also is there a way to do the samr thing with the rooted files that you did with the stock files emspilot and post them? Im not currwntly rooted was but went back until few thing where figured out but if i can just compare on my pc ill just do that if its possible to pull all the files from rooted note 7

EMSpilot

Inactive Recognized Themer
May 31, 2012
Havasu
So question when comparing the stock bzw deodex files you posted with whats on our rooted one's can't we just add in what's missing or correct what's different and should fix some things? Or am i totally wrong lol

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

Also is there a way to do the samr thing with the rooted files that you did with the stock files emspilot and post them? Im not currwntly rooted was but went back until few thing where figured out but if i can just compare on my pc ill just do that if its possible to pull all the files from rooted note 7

No that is about right. Just hard to know what to change lol uploading Rooted file now.

Last edited:

psychatog64

Jan 27, 2011
Hmm lol I might have to start screwing around with this crap lol the more people messing about bound to figure more **** out quicker and get a mored stable build out of it

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

Ems you having any luck with the samsung gear app and it's issue with installing additional software asdo that our watches etc can actually be set up?

EMSpilot

May 31, 2012
Havasu
Hmm lol I might have to start screwing around with this crap lol the more people messing about bound to figure more **** out quicker and get a mored stable build out of it

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

Ems you having any luck with the samsung gear app and it's issue with installing additional software asdo that our watches etc can actually be set up?

I have not even tried gear yet and I don't have a watch. I am sure with time we will get the work around's we need.

EMSpilot

May 31, 2012
Havasu
24 toggle mod 6 x 6 added in OP

I added a 24 toggle mod 6 x 6 in the OP. I will try to add more toggles to it such as Hotspot etc. This may take some time.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160901-110338.jpg
    Screenshot_20160901-110338.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:

EMSpilot

May 31, 2012
Havasu
Toggles WiFiHotspot added

Making progress added WiFiHotspot and it works!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160901-162209.png
    Screenshot_20160901-162209.png
    151.9 KB · Views: 234

brentsalinas714

Dec 12, 2010
HTC glacier
Last edited:

elliwigy

Forum Moderator / Recognized Dev / Dev Relations
Staff member
XDA App Taskforce
Well that sucks. Thanks for your work.

This is a very polarizing phone. I absolutely love it and I'm coming from Nexus land, so I'm not sure what to make of some of the reactions.

well all be sending it back soon eenough lol recall is official

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You must be rooted:

Native Call Recording

Flash zip via FlashFire and you will have Native Call Recording.

Download Link AFH: Native Call Recording

Download link Dev Host: Native Call Recording

Remove VOLTE icon from Status Bar

Flash zip via FlashFire and the VOLTE icon will be gone.

Download Link AFH: Remove VOLTE icon

Download link: Remove VOLTE icon

24 toggles 6 across & 6 down mod see screenshot below

Download link: Toggles Mod

Flash zip via FlashFire

Add Toggles to QuickSettings

Download and flash this zip via FlashFire DBeditor

Then just as we use to do with Sqlite. Use this method to add toggles:

Run DbEditor

In SECURE TAB search for

Code:
    ui

Click on sysui_qs_tile database, then on "Change Value" and add
    Code: Change this to what you want.
    Wifi,Bluetooth,SilentMode,RotationLock,Location,PowerSaving,AirplaneMode,DormantMode,Flashlight,UltraPowerSaving,PersonalMode,AllShareCast,Nfc,Sync,SFinder,MobileData,WiFiHotspot,VoLte,Ebook,SmartStay,TouchSensitivity,ScreenCapture,MultiWindow,Toolbox

Valid by OK

Enjoy and please hit thanks!!
    24 toggle mod 6 x 6 added in OP

I added a 24 toggle mod 6 x 6 in the OP. I will try to add more toggles to it such as Hotspot etc. This may take some time.
    thanks for the mods.. that site is terrible however lol.. i keep getting ads popping up, have to click download button multiple times for it to actually DL lol i prefer afh

AFH added Enjoy!!! Hows the buildprop mods going?
    Where do the files save too? I found an option to enable call recording from nova launcher but cant seem to find out if it is working..

The modified file is others.xml it goes into system/omc/VZW. If you use FlashFire all you have to do is flash my zip. Otherwise you can extract my zip and copy the file manually.
    So by looking at the zip contents it looks like we may be able to revert the icon color back to default by replacing the imsservice.apk with the unmodified one. Anyone feel like supplying the original apk file for us to try. I don't like the VOLTE icon always on but I would rather have the original back since this doesn't really remove it. Then we can find an actual solution for the problem.