• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Verizon Note 7 Rooted Phone Mods Thread

Search This thread

jellyhead

Sep 3, 2010
I'm trying this now. Looks good, but mine came back again.

That's strange, mine is still gone.

UPDATE: it eventually came back. I used EZ Package disabler and I saw that the service was running. After disabling, rebooting, enabling, rebooting it's now not running. I assume as soon as it starts running again the icon will be back. This had me wondering if the service is running by default on the stock setup or if it was caused by the root process. Maybe someone with an unrooted phone can check to see if this is running all of the time.

Last edited:

roslof

Sep 1, 2007
Nice find

Thanks for the detail. That saved some time.

I'm trying this now. Looks good, but mine came back again. Do we know what this service is? Is it something we can safely leave frozen?

You should use caution here. I'm no expert, but if I understand it correctly, disabling/freezing this may cause your dialer to become unresponsive, disallow incoming calls and possibly other weirdness. Even after you reactivate/thaw, be sure to reboot.

Reactions: madmaverickmatt

jellyhead

Sep 3, 2010
So by looking at the zip contents it looks like we may be able to revert the icon color back to default by replacing the imsservice.apk with the unmodified one. Anyone feel like supplying the original apk file for us to try. I don't like the VOLTE icon always on but I would rather have the original back since this doesn't really remove it. Then we can find an actual solution for the problem.

Reactions: madmaverickmatt

elliwigy

Forum Moderator / Recognized Dev / Dev Relations
Staff member
XDA App Taskforce
So by looking at the zip contents it looks like we may be able to revert the icon color back to default by replacing the imsservice.apk with the unmodified one. Anyone feel like supplying the original apk file for us to try. I don't like the VOLTE icon always on but I would rather have the original back since this doesn't really remove it. Then we can find an actual solution for the problem.

i would check in the verizon threads as they removed the icon in their zips and i do believe it was in fact replacing the imsservice.apk with another version

jellyhead

Sep 3, 2010
I extracted imsservice.apk from the stock PH1 system.img so now I have the VOLTE icon back to the normal white color. Now to find a working method to stop this from showing 100% of the time, not just changing the color.

For now I'm just leaving the service disabled. Calling seems to work fine with it disabled. I'd still like to know if this service runs at all times on an unrooted phone. There must be some reason why it shows up after rooting but not before. Something that is changed when rooting must be causing the service to be called to run when it doesn't need to be.

Last edited:

roslof

Sep 1, 2007
I extracted imsservice.apk from the stock PH1 system.img so now I have the VOLTE icon back to the normal white color. Now to find a working method to stop this from showing 100% of the time, not just changing the color.

For now I'm just leaving the service disabled. Calling seems to work fine with it disabled. I'd still like to know if this service runs at all times on an unrooted phone. There must be some reason why it shows up after rooting but not before. Something that is changed when rooting must be causing the service to be called to run when it doesn't need to be.

With the service disabled, can you *receive* calls? For me, when disabled, I can call out, but callers cannot get through.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You must be rooted:

Native Call Recording

Flash zip via FlashFire and you will have Native Call Recording.

Download Link AFH: Native Call Recording

Download link Dev Host: Native Call Recording

Remove VOLTE icon from Status Bar

Flash zip via FlashFire and the VOLTE icon will be gone.

Download Link AFH: Remove VOLTE icon

Download link: Remove VOLTE icon

24 toggles 6 across & 6 down mod see screenshot below

Download link: Toggles Mod

Flash zip via FlashFire

Add Toggles to QuickSettings

Download and flash this zip via FlashFire DBeditor

Then just as we use to do with Sqlite. Use this method to add toggles:

Run DbEditor

In SECURE TAB search for

Code:
    ui

Click on sysui_qs_tile database, then on "Change Value" and add
    Code: Change this to what you want.
    Wifi,Bluetooth,SilentMode,RotationLock,Location,PowerSaving,AirplaneMode,DormantMode,Flashlight,UltraPowerSaving,PersonalMode,AllShareCast,Nfc,Sync,SFinder,MobileData,WiFiHotspot,VoLte,Ebook,SmartStay,TouchSensitivity,ScreenCapture,MultiWindow,Toolbox

Valid by OK

Enjoy and please hit thanks!!
    24 toggle mod 6 x 6 added in OP

I added a 24 toggle mod 6 x 6 in the OP. I will try to add more toggles to it such as Hotspot etc. This may take some time.
    thanks for the mods.. that site is terrible however lol.. i keep getting ads popping up, have to click download button multiple times for it to actually DL lol i prefer afh

AFH added Enjoy!!! Hows the buildprop mods going?
    Where do the files save too? I found an option to enable call recording from nova launcher but cant seem to find out if it is working..

The modified file is others.xml it goes into system/omc/VZW. If you use FlashFire all you have to do is flash my zip. Otherwise you can extract my zip and copy the file manually.