Verizon Note 7 Rooted Phone Mods Thread

Search This thread

guthrien

Feb 26, 2011
Well there was the pre/early purchase promotion and now some of the stories are reporting Samsung will offer some sort of item to affected customers. Could be some lousy store credit or Hulu membership, but if you're staying with the phone I'd bet on some promotional recompense.

EMSpilot

Inactive Recognized Themer
May 31, 2012
Show Low
Add toggles

Download and flash this zip via FlashFire DBeditor

Then just as we use to do with Sqlite. Use this method to add toggles:

Run DbEditor

In SECURE TAB search for

Code:
ui

Click on sysui_qs_tile database, then on "Change Value" and add
Code: Change this to what you want.
Wifi,Bluetooth,SilentMode,RotationLock,Location,PowerSaving,AirplaneMode,DormantMode,Flashlight,UltraPowerSaving,PersonalMode,AllShareCast,Nfc,Sync,SFinder,MobileData,WiFiHotspot,VoLte,Ebook,SmartStay,TouchSensitivity,ScreenCapture,MultiWindow,Toolbox

Valid by OK

Attachments

• step1.jpg
    step1.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 455
  • step2.jpg
    step2.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 461
Reactions: Oatswesow

monkeyhandler

Nov 16, 2015
I don't have the Note 7 yet, but is wifi tether enabled or do we need to mod it to remove the wifi tether subscription check?

roslof

Sep 1, 2007
I don't have the Note 7 yet, but is wifi tether enabled or do we need to mod it to remove the wifi tether subscription check?

I'm rooted, but the subscription check is there by default. Appears that you need a mod. Haven't seen one yet.

Edit: I installed Xposed/xTouchWiz module. The toggle for disabling the tether provisioning check seems to work.

Last edited:

psychatog64

Jan 27, 2011
Last time I checked foxfi worked with no problems on my rooted note 7

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

Might not be the native hotspot built in but still works so not really a issue

spinedoc

Dec 31, 2005
Nice! It seems like the VoLTE isn't removed, is it just made invisible? Some of my icons are sitting to the left of where it used to be, and there is an empty space there. I'm not complaining, it was annoying so many thanks for this. Just curious.

roslof

Sep 1, 2007
Do you have an undo zip? I was going to manually backup the files but after looking at the zip it doesn't seem possible.

Bump on this. The mod changes the color from default color to black, but the VoLTE icon still appears as black over many interfaces. Would rather it appeared as default.

roslof

Sep 1, 2007
If you install exposed and the flat style bar module you can get rid of volte and customize pretty much anything else you need on the status bar.

I installed Flat Style Bar and customized, however I cannot find a permanent way to disable VoLTE with it. There doesn't seem to be a toggle for that particular switch. Have you found a way to remove it with FSB?

madmaverickmatt

Apr 26, 2009
I installed Flat Style Bar and customized, however I cannot find a permanent way to disable VoLTE with it. There doesn't seem to be a toggle for that particular switch. Have you found a way to remove it with FSB?
Mine disappeared when I started using FSB. Lol now it's going to come back and tell me I spoke too soon.

I think this is working, but I'll update if that changes.

Sent from my SM-N930V using XDA-Developers mobile app

and2cs

Feb 20, 2012

Run DbEditor

In SECURE TAB search for

Code:
ui

Wifi,Bluetooth,SilentMode,RotationLock,Location,PowerSaving,AirplaneMode,DormantMode,Flashlight,UltraPowerSaving,PersonalMode,AllShareCast,Nfc,Sync,SFinder,MobileData,WiFiHotspot,VoLte,Ebook,SmartStay,TouchSensitivity,ScreenCapture,MultiWindow,Toolbox

Valid by OK

I can't get this working. Can't save the value. When I exit DbEditor, then go back to the DbEditor. It restores the orgianl value.

The 6x6 toggles work.

spinedoc

Dec 31, 2005
Hey guys anyone find a mod to remove the home pages indicator(s) on the bottom? Seems to take a lot of needless space, especially since I only have a single home screen.

Also with Flat Bar Style (freakin awesome mod) my Verizon phone is only showing "4G" when in a LTE area. Anyone know if there is a way to get "LTE" to show? not a big deal, just bothers me. I did email the dev but no response.

roslof

Sep 1, 2007
So I can't say for sure that this solves the VOLTE icon issue but it's gone for now. I disabled the IMS service and rebooted. After verifying the icon is gone I then enabled the service and rebooted again. So far it hasn't come back..

Hmm. Using Titanium, I see:

com.sec.ims 1.0
IMS Service 1.0
IMS Settings 1.0 <--a system app
ImsLogger+

I imagine you disabled IMS Service 1.0 on your procedure? Also wondering if there is a way to "launch" IMS Settings and possibly configure this...

Reactions: madmaverickmatt

madmaverickmatt

Apr 26, 2009
So I can't say for sure that this solves the VOLTE icon issue but it's gone for now. I disabled the IMS service and rebooted. After verifying the icon is gone I then enabled the service and rebooted again. So far it hasn't come back..
Nice find
Hmm. Using Titanium, I see:

com.sec.ims 1.0
IMS Service 1.0
IMS Settings 1.0 <--a system app
ImsLogger+

I imagine you disabled IMS Service 1.0 on your procedure? Also wondering if there is a way to "launch" IMS Settings and possibly configure this...
Thanks for the detail. That saved some time.

I'm trying this now. Looks good, but mine came back again. Do we know what this service is? Is it something we can safely leave frozen?

Sent from my SM-N930V using XDA-Developers mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You must be rooted:

Native Call Recording

Flash zip via FlashFire and you will have Native Call Recording.

Download Link AFH: Native Call Recording

Download link Dev Host: Native Call Recording

Remove VOLTE icon from Status Bar

Flash zip via FlashFire and the VOLTE icon will be gone.

Download Link AFH: Remove VOLTE icon

Download link: Remove VOLTE icon

24 toggles 6 across & 6 down mod see screenshot below

Download link: Toggles Mod

Flash zip via FlashFire

Add Toggles to QuickSettings

Run DbEditor

In SECURE TAB search for

Code:
    ui

Valid by OK

Enjoy and please hit thanks!!
    24 toggle mod 6 x 6 added in OP

I added a 24 toggle mod 6 x 6 in the OP. I will try to add more toggles to it such as Hotspot etc. This may take some time.
    thanks for the mods.. that site is terrible however lol.. i keep getting ads popping up, have to click download button multiple times for it to actually DL lol i prefer afh

AFH added Enjoy!!! Hows the buildprop mods going?
    Where do the files save too? I found an option to enable call recording from nova launcher but cant seem to find out if it is working..

The modified file is others.xml it goes into system/omc/VZW. If you use FlashFire all you have to do is flash my zip. Otherwise you can extract my zip and copy the file manually.
    So by looking at the zip contents it looks like we may be able to revert the icon color back to default by replacing the imsservice.apk with the unmodified one. Anyone feel like supplying the original apk file for us to try. I don't like the VOLTE icon always on but I would rather have the original back since this doesn't really remove it. Then we can find an actual solution for the problem.