• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Verizon P6P bootlocker question????????

Search This thread

JoeProcopio

Jan 1, 2010
I know they lock them down, but I checked developer settings just for giggles and I noticed the OEM unlocking setting says "Unavailable on carrier-locked devices". So my wishful thinking is that after 60 days (after device is paid off, or after it's been active for 60 days, I don't know), Verizon unlocks the phone to use on other carriers....does this mean we can unlock the bootloader after 60 days? Or is it just carrier unlocking as the setting suggests?

I haven't felt the need to root my phones since my OG Pixel XL, because they were so good, but this just peaked my curiosity.

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
I know they lock them down, but I checked developer settings just for giggles and I noticed the OEM unlocking setting says "Unavailable on carrier-locked devices". So my wishful thinking is that after 60 days (after device is paid off, or after it's been active for 60 days, I don't know), Verizon unlocks the phone to use on other carriers....does this mean we can unlock the bootloader after 60 days? Or is it just carrier unlocking as the setting suggests?

I haven't felt the need to root my phones since my OG Pixel XL, because they were so good, but this just peaked my curiosity.
Uhm, why don't you just give your carrier a call and ask them?

dcarvil

Apr 20, 2016

No, they don't unlock the bootloader - just the SIM for use on other carriers.

craznazn

Nov 12, 2009
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 6 Pro
SIM unlocking the Pixel 6 allows the OEM unlocking:

There is a good chance it's the same for the Pixel 6 Pro :)
It is, for T-Mobile.
Verizon, being the ass carrier they are, has always restricted the bootloader even on pixels in the past. Why anyone still buys their locked phones is beyond me, but hope for the best...

zetsumeikuro

Jul 13, 2010
Have any of the Verizon Pixels been unlocked other than the OG for some lucky individuals?

JoeProcopio

Jan 1, 2010
It is, for T-Mobile.
Verizon, being the ass carrier they are, has always restricted the bootloader even on pixels in the past. Why anyone still buys their locked phones is beyond me, but hope for the best...
I keep telling myself I'm going to go through the Google store for my next phone, but I got $700 off this through VZW with my trade-in and an Update coupon, I couldn't pass that up.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

No, they don't unlock the bootloader - just the SIM for use on other carriers.
    SIM unlocking the Pixel 6 allows the OEM unlocking:

There is a good chance it's the same for the Pixel 6 Pro :)
    It is, for T-Mobile.
    The only chance that you'll be able to unlock a Verizon variant is if something happens such as with the original Pixel running Android 7.10 or lower, or some other super rare new exploit. You shouldn't even think about holding your breath that it could happen.
    It is, for T-Mobile.
    I keep telling myself I'm going to go through the Google store for my next phone, but I got $700 off this through VZW with my trade-in and an Update coupon, I couldn't pass that up.
    Have any of the Verizon Pixels been unlocked other than the OG for some lucky individuals?
    Not that I've ever heard of.