I have a OP8Pro on Verizon and have been boot loader unlocked rooted since I bought it from Oneplus 2 years ago.If we had a bunch of Verizon units to play with and wire up to a JTAG or similar, maybe we could do some of the risky **** like blindly flashing partitions or more traditional root exploits.
But a locked bootloader isn't just locked. Partition integrity is frequently checked.
It's hard to brick a Pixel but nobody wants to risk it.
Similar conversations are had for OnePlus phones on Verizon.
You are wrong. I'm using a Pixel 6 Pro on Verizon and did NOT unlock my bootloader before I put the SIM in and was still obviously able to unlock my bootloader and root my phone.Bro that's exactly what I said and yes it's ONLY because you unlocked it before putting in a sim.
Have you been asleep for the last 7 years? Verizon is the reason that getting root has only become more difficult.
Seriously... Dont tell me I'm wrong and then say the same damn thing I said.
Did you buy it from Verizon? Or from Google? Cuz we All wanna know how you did it.
99.9% probability for anyone with a Verizon device, no you won't be able to ever unlock the bootloader. There is a 0.1% (or less) chance that someday, somehow, a way may be discovered that works for a short amount of time that allows you to unlock the bootloader.
Yes, gaining temporary root on the Pixel 6 Pro with a locked bootloader via Dirty Pipe is well known. I don't believe it survives a reboot though.I don't never really post on here...I"m not that good with computers...I certainly ain't got no degrees or college education like I'm sure most of y'all on here do. But I will say one thing when I wanna do something I'ma figure out how to do it whatever it takes. So I don't know if Verizon pays people to go on this forum and say that can't be done but y'all don't listen to em. I just bought a Pixel 6 Pro today Security Patch was still October 2021. I haven't even been fooling with the phone for a hour and I managed to use dirty pipe exploit to gain a root shell on a VERIZON Pixel 6 pro. Now like I said I ain't no computer pro an I ain't got no college degree but I'm pretty sure that if I can do that I can unlock the bootloader too. So yea anyone tells you sumthin can't be done its cuz they don't want you to do it, cuz ain't nothing impossible if you want it bad enough. Anyway, dirty pipe exploit you wanna root your pixel 6 pro from verizon DON'T LET IT SECURITY UPDATE and find the dirty pipe exploit on github. Now you gotta change the run.sh so that the dirtypipe binary is run with "-f" at the end or its gonna say unsupported product. Do that then run run.sh and run adb shell and then su and you got a temporary root.
Dirty Pipe Exploit (if you brick your phone that's on your body)
Well as I said I'm no phone expert I just like doin stuff that I'm not supposed to be able to (rooting phones for example). But after hard-bricking the first pixel and returning it and bricking another one (although this one still has fastboot but apparently unlike motorolas with locked bootloaders you can't even flash a factory boot image back on via fastboot and it won't boot into recovery) and after finding out that even AT&T lets you unlock the bootloader after you've paid off the phone (which makes sense since it then becomes YOUR PHONE not AT&T's phone) I've decided to go back to AT&T and leave the unlocking of verizon bootloaders to people with college degrees...But I still believe it can definitely be done I mean if you acheive root there has to be a way to modify some data value or something to change the oem unlock to allow, I just don't know how to do it and I can't keep driving a hour to verizon and telling them my phones broke there gonna start getting susipiscous eventually, but i still firmly believe that it can be done and anyone who says it can't probably works for Verizon.Yes, gaining temporary root on the Pixel 6 Pro with a locked bootloader via Dirty Pipe is well known. I don't believe it survives a reboot though.
But the question is, have you unlocked your bootloader? And have you also updated to the most recent security update?
Because if you have to stay on the October security patch and have to do the exploit every time you reboot, well, that's not really feasible for most.
So the real question is, can the bootloader be unlocked via Dirty Pipe, will it stay unlocked during subsequent security updates and will you be able to root thereafter.
The fact that people still believe you can't unlocked the bootloader on any Verizon pixel, is your first sign there are no quality developers on this forum anymore.
Sim unlock your phone and boom.
Or, continue to trust the below-average folks on these forums.
I seriously doubt the "60 day sim unlock" allows the bootloader to be unlocked, otherwise we'd have a ton of VZW variant threads filled with development, and devices that are 61 days old, rooted, and running custom Roms.If Verizon is so informal about sim unlocking their phones after 60 days, it really doesn't make sense for them to enforce bootloader locking at that point.No, I've been rooting/modding phones since eclair and used to be an XDA News writer, I definitely understand the difference between sim and bootloader unlocking. Once the phone is sim unlocked, the "OEM UNLOCK" option should no longer be greyed out in the developer options. Once that setting becomes available after sim unlock, there shouldn't be anything in the way of unlocking the bootloader. The only thing that could be an issue is if the manufacturer then required a token to unlock the bootloader, but I'm gonna go with Google isn't requiring that. Now, this is all based on my own knowledge and experience, if anyone has more insight to either back me up or shoot me down, please, this is the whole reason we're here in these threads, to gain knowledge and information.I mean, what is the point once they cut you loose with your sim card? Check this out, I had this ****ty Nord 10 5G from Metro and a guy figured out which apps to remove via ADB to carrier unlock the phone, hence making the OEM UNLOCK choice available in developer settings. What I'm saying is sometimes things aren't as locked down as you think, I mean, Metro is pretty strict on carrier locking their phones and really don't like doing it after you've met all the requirements. So if it's as easy as getting rid of a few apps via sneaking through ADB, it's gotta be that way for all the phones it's not like they're running different software (other than version level) they're all Android. Maybe this information will inspire someone on here that knows way more than me to figure out how to unlock a Verizon locked bootloader. If I'm correct, they really don't have that power to lock the bootloader, only to take away our option to do so by "sim/carrier" locking the phone which the software is told to take away our ability to choose that option. Please, anyone, I honestly would like to know if I'm wrong, but don't just say I'm wrong, explain to me and the rest of us. Thanks guys and girls!!!
Incorrect. SIM unlocking is not necessarily related to bootloader unlocking. While T-Mobile (and I think AT&T) users on here have found and reported that when they achieve SIM unlocking on their variants, that they can then bootloader unlock as well, Verizon has for a very, very long time enforced bootloader lock with all their will.