• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Verizon Pixel XL - Unlocking Discussions

Search This thread

pjgraber03

Jul 11, 2013
Lewiston
So I got my pixel XL from verizon today hoping that it would be like the nexus6 where they were nice and didn't lock it down. Well I was wrong. The good part is this. They (Verizon) have just disabled fastboot commands/connection. So we need to get that changed and we "should" be good. So if anyone has any ideas where to start on this feel free to chime in.

spy4ka

Dec 30, 2010
Chicago, IL
So I got my pixel XL from verizon today hoping that it would be like the nexus6 where they were nice and didn't lock it down. Well I was wrong. The good part is this. They (Verizon) have just disabled fastboot commands/connection. So we need to get that changed and we "should" be good. So if anyone has any ideas where to start on this feel free to chime in.

Step 1: Temp root
Step 2: Change buildprop
Step 3: enable oem unlocking from settings (or enable it in buildprop)
Step 4: fastboot oem unlock(i've read somewhere that there is a new command that replaces this)
Step 5: have fun

pjgraber03

Jul 11, 2013
Lewiston
Same thing with fastboot.
Capture.PNG

Is your pixel from verizon?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lol guys don't bite the only hand with the food, lmao I'm so happy I left all this locked bootloader nonsense years ago. I'll gladly wait til mid November for my unlocked ? pixel xl to come in.

STOP SUPPORTING PEOPLE WHO SELL LOCKED DEVICES
    it's as simple as that don't expect a community based unlock when you are debating purchasing a device. And in all honesty I don't think k I've seen a htc device jcase hasn't unlocked so getting him irritated is just shooting yourselves in the foot
    cc @beaups
    Its over, this is @KrAsH86 's verizon pixel
    https://twitter.com/firewaterdevs/status/791116513939902465

Disable updates if you want to use this IF it gets released

Settings > development options, disable the automatic update
    OK please listen closely..... Please stop all the crap... Let's get back to the purpose of why I started this post. Let's get this thing unlocked. Stop attacking people holy crap. If someone has the unlock and doesn't release it who cares. That just means it can be done. Chill out and just wait. It will happen.
    Wonder if Darth or MTM share this sentiment. Hell Jcase who is a senior moderator is the one who cracks them. Thoroughly confused. Are we being punked?

They must have been threatened by Google or Verizon.

Im the one that asked the post be taken down, it was advocating fraud. I'm all for cracking things, I'm not all for abusing warranty departments. I don't like seeing stricter warranty policies, or more expensive phones/insurance.
    Odds are an update coming in the next week, or maybe two (probably nov 1st-ish) will block the unlock.

Do the following if you want to unlock.
    Developer setting, disable automatic updates (can re-enable after unlock).

Once unlocked, dont relock it for any reason unless you dont care to have it unlocked again.