• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Verizon Pixel XL - Unlocking Discussions

Search This thread

jaxenroth

Apr 28, 2011
Langhorne, PA
Guys, many of you are over thinking the whole BL lock/unlock. Simplest explanation for VZW pixels, hurry and depixel8. Once your BL is unlocked you will have full control. Don't worry about OTA's you can always grab them from Google and flash via ADB. For factory images, if you flash the Google version, your ota update will be the Google one (depending if you have OTA's turned on/off), that being said if you have recovery or custom kernel than the ota won't take. Same goes for if you flash the VZW factory image. Like many have said we don't know what exactly separates the VZW/GS versions, but like other's said, likely CID or IMEI. Bottom line is if you have a VZW pixel unlock the BL ASAP, if Android pay is a must you can always use elemental's kernel. Note you cannot have root though.

Reactions: sd_shadow

ryfermadness

Dec 2, 2012
chehalis
So I decided to relock my bootloader, my phone was completely stock. After relocking, on boot I get message the my phone is corrupt and may not operate correctly. Phone won't boot. Any recommendations

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 AM ----------

Yeah I know I'm an idiot for relocking

---------- Post added at 01:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 AM ----------

20161130_163451.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 AM ----------

Now I'm stuck using my POS work iPhone until replacement comes in the mail. I told verizon I took the new update and this was the result on boot up

---------- Post added at 02:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 AM ----------

Nevermind I figured it out. Got it to boot

chaplngrillsgt

Sep 4, 2012
Got the same warning when I unlocked my BL. Didn't push anything and the phone booted fine. Now just waiting to put TWRP on and root. I was on the fence about rooting, but after playing around without AdAway for a little bit, I want my damn root back!

schwem

Oct 15, 2014
Auburn Hills
So I decided to relock my bootloader, my phone was completely stock. After relocking, on boot I get message the my phone is corrupt and may not operate correctly. Phone won't boot. Any recommendations

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 01:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 01:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 AM ----------

Now I'm stuck using my POS work iPhone until replacement comes in the mail. I told verizon I took the new update and this was the result on boot up

---------- Post added at 02:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 AM ----------

You need to adb reboot bootloader. Once in bootloader type fastboot continue and it should boot. If it doesn't work the first try keep trying. You may hang on startup. if so do a hard reboot by holding power till it reboots. Then you can reunlock the bootloader with dePixel8 and then flash stock factory image. Once full factory image is loaded then you can relock the bootloader. What happened to you only happens if you are not completely stock ie; custom kernel etc.

Last edited:

larsdennert

Dec 5, 2007
I have the Gs version. Came with a Fi sim. It has nde63x. It did not download any bloat when I stuck the vzw sim in. It has an unlockable bl without depixel8.

Jalh

Dec 11, 2010

20161130_163451.jpg

Although it would be cool if you reply back with what you did to get it to work, but I assumed you did what this guy ened up doing.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=69386407&postcount=807

jntdroid

Feb 16, 2011
DFW, TX
Sorry if this is an obvious question, but I'm having a hard time finding this info and I've definitely been reading (which maybe means the answer is obvious...)

I just picked up my Verizon Pixel today. If I use dePixel8 to unlock the bootloader, and then flash the latest image direct from google, am I basically permanently changing my Pixel into a "pure" one that will receive OTA's straight from Google going forward?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lol guys don't bite the only hand with the food, lmao I'm so happy I left all this locked bootloader nonsense years ago. I'll gladly wait til mid November for my unlocked ? pixel xl to come in.

STOP SUPPORTING PEOPLE WHO SELL LOCKED DEVICES
    it's as simple as that don't expect a community based unlock when you are debating purchasing a device. And in all honesty I don't think k I've seen a htc device jcase hasn't unlocked so getting him irritated is just shooting yourselves in the foot
    cc @beaups
    Its over, this is @KrAsH86 's verizon pixel
    https://twitter.com/firewaterdevs/status/791116513939902465

Disable updates if you want to use this IF it gets released

Settings > development options, disable the automatic update
    OK please listen closely..... Please stop all the crap... Let's get back to the purpose of why I started this post. Let's get this thing unlocked. Stop attacking people holy crap. If someone has the unlock and doesn't release it who cares. That just means it can be done. Chill out and just wait. It will happen.
    Wonder if Darth or MTM share this sentiment. Hell Jcase who is a senior moderator is the one who cracks them. Thoroughly confused. Are we being punked?

They must have been threatened by Google or Verizon.

Im the one that asked the post be taken down, it was advocating fraud. I'm all for cracking things, I'm not all for abusing warranty departments. I don't like seeing stricter warranty policies, or more expensive phones/insurance.
    Odds are an update coming in the next week, or maybe two (probably nov 1st-ish) will block the unlock.

Do the following if you want to unlock.
    Developer setting, disable automatic updates (can re-enable after unlock).

Once unlocked, dont relock it for any reason unless you dont care to have it unlocked again.