• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Verizon Preorder and Order shipping thread

Search This thread

scuccia

May 23, 2008
I ordered a Pixel XL 128GB on 11/25 with an expected ship date of 1/6, and I just got pushed back to 3/10. I'm not going to wait that long so I just canceled my order.

C3ahWJe.png

Last edited:

LaosPerson

May 15, 2013
OMG.... what did you order? What did they say was the reason for the delay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ordered only ONE quite black pixel xl 128gb. Their reasoning, or at least the email says, "looks like you have great taste" "unfortunately, the item you picked is so popular we don't have enough in stock to ship your order" "we apologise for this delay and regret any inconvenience it may have caused. Your order is now expected to ship on the new date listed below" :(

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

I ordered a Pixel XL 128GB on 11/25 with an expected ship date of 1/6, and I just got pushed back to 3/10. I'm not going to wait that long so I just canceled my order.

C3ahWJe.png

You're not the only one. I'm pissed. Good thing I didn't go all in buying expensive cases and a screen protector. Only spent like $5 for a case and screen protector.

jamezr

Jul 26, 2010
USA
I can't imagine how frustrating that must be!!! My silver 128 GB is suppose to ship on 1/13. I wonder if I'll be getting the same email at some point.

Sportscon15

Jan 7, 2017
Van

I ordered only ONE quite black pixel xl 128gb. Their reasoning, or at least the email says, "looks like you have great taste" "unfortunately, the item you picked is so popular we don't have enough in stock to ship your order" "we apologise for this delay and regret any inconvenience it may have caused. Your order is now expected to ship on the new date listed below" :(

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

You're not the only one. I'm pissed. Good thing I didn't go all in buying expensive cases and a screen protector. Only spent like $5 for a case and screen protector.

I did go all in and bought 2 cases and a glass screen protector. This is crap that they waited so long to let us know

chazall1

Jun 11, 2010
My wife is on Verizon and she currently has the Turbo. Her anniversary date was Dec 27th. She called to get a Pixel Xl 32gb. She wants Blue and they told here last week that a Blur Pixel XL would not be available until mid Feb. Her Turbo died on Wednesday night. She called to get a Turbo replacement on Thursday morning. She got a Turbo replacement and got $300 off the Pixel XL 32gb Blue and it is being delivered as we speak. Arrival date is Tuesday Jan 10th. I ordered My Pixel XL 32gb on Dec 18th. I had a delivery date of Jan 16-17th. I was charged today and I will have my Pixel XL next week.

Skeeter35

Sep 19, 2010
Got the same email. Ordered 11/25 was told today that is was shipped when I asked for tracking they said it was being held up due to weather. Then get this email tonight. Been on hold 30 minutes so far. I will leave Verizon over this! This is BULL****!!!!

collindv

Jun 28, 2007
OMG I'M ABOUT TO FIGHT VERIZON. Ordered 11/24 expected 1/06 now it is pushed to 3/10
Same situation here. What a crock of ****. I will likely let it ride until something better comes out and then cancel the order. Almost enough to make me switch carriers at this point. Waiting four months for a phone is just insane, it will already be antiquated (in technology terms) by the time I would receive it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

LaosPerson

May 15, 2013
Same situation here. What a crock of ****. I will likely let it ride until something better comes out and then cancel the order. Almost enough to make me switch carriers at this point. Waiting four months for a phone is just insane, it will already be antiquated (in technology terms) by the time I would receive it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Yeah if these damn phones really ship out in another f***** 2 months might as well wait for the galaxy s8 which will blow this **** out the water both literally and metaphorically. I was hoping to enjoy a great Google experience but this is not a great start to it. Even if I'm only paying $600 for this damn thing assuming it even gets to me.

b4u2

Jan 21, 2009
Cedar Rapids
My date still shows 1/20/17 if it changes I'll see about getting a different phone. I don't want this iPhone 7+ for the next two years. I ordered on 12/16/16 qb 128gb.

PsiPhiDan

Oct 27, 2011
Plainfield
So basically, if I call and complain and ask them to switch my order, what would be safe to ask for? Pixel XL 32GB or Pixel 128GB? I have a feeling I won't be getting my Pixel XL 128GB in Silver for a LOOOOONG time, if ever. I ordered Christmas Eve.

---------- Post added at 03:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 AM ----------

Yeah if these damn phones really ship out in another f***** 2 months might as well wait for the galaxy s8 which will blow this **** out the water both literally and metaphorically. I was hoping to enjoy a great Google experience but this is not a great start to it. Even if I'm only paying $600 for this damn thing assuming it even gets to me.
I wouldn't bet on Samsung beating the performance of the Pixel, but who knows....

I am in a tough spot because the only reason I got this was price. Got it for $8.33/mo. Can't get other phones for that cost... Ugh.

LaosPerson

May 15, 2013
So basically, if I call and complain and ask them to switch my order, what would be safe to ask for? Pixel XL 32GB or Pixel 128GB? I have a feeling I won't be getting my Pixel XL 128GB in Silver for a LOOOOONG time, if ever. I ordered Christmas Eve.

---------- Post added at 03:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 AM ----------

I wouldn't bet on Samsung beating the performance of the Pixel, but who knows....

I am in a tough spot because the only reason I got this was price. Got it for $8.33/mo. Can't get other phones for that cost... Ugh.
It will most definitely defeat the performance of the pixel if you can get a galaxy s8 by then and still no pixel yet at the rate these pixels are being sent out. Especially when Samsung keeps making their UI lighter, if Samsung takes control and says **** Verizon, or carriers in general and does not allow them to ruin their phones with even more bloat, it will be a great device . That's the ONLY reason why I don't want my s6 edge plus anymore, all these useless ant radio service apps and other miscellaneous Verizon stuff lurking on this phone.

PsiPhiDan

Oct 27, 2011
Plainfield
It will most definitely defeat the performance of the pixel if you can get a galaxy s8 by then and still no pixel yet at the rate these pixels are being sent out. Especially when Samsung keeps making their UI lighter, if Samsung takes control and says **** Verizon, or carriers in general and does not allow them to ruin their phones with even more bloat, it will be a great device . That's the ONLY reason why I don't want my s6 edge plus anymore, all these useless ant apps and other miscellaneous Verizon stuff lurking on this phone.
Eh, to each his own. Note 7 had amazing hardware and Samsung destroyed it with a crappy UI, like always. In real life usage, I dropped frames a lot and experienced lag way more than I should for a brand new, cutting edge phone. I don't have any faith they'll get better because they have no reason to - everyone buys them regardless.

LaosPerson

May 15, 2013
Eh, to each his own. Note 7 had amazing hardware and Samsung destroyed it with a crappy UI, like always. In real life usage, I dropped frames a lot and experienced lag way more than I should for a brand new, cutting edge phone. I don't have any faith they'll get better because they have no reason to - everyone buys them regardless.
It all goes back to why I want the PIXEL. However Google is screwing up again once again. This isn't the first time they delayed shipping, their Nexus lines have always been delayed too.

PsiPhiDan

Oct 27, 2011
Plainfield
I think I'm just going to pick up the Pixel non-XL. I can get the 128GB black tomorrow. Or I can wait 2.5 months (!!!) and get my Pixel XL. Pretty simple choice for me. Now, I just need to argue with Verizon to get the Christmas promo price on the Pixel that I had on the Pixel XL. That will make or break this...

But considering I have 7 lines on my account and pay them $4000/year, I think they'll be nice.

NalNalas

Feb 16, 2014
Chicago
Mine on the website is the same?
My date still shows 1/20/17 if it changes I'll see about getting a different phone. I don't want this iPhone 7+ for the next two years. I ordered on 12/16/16 qb 128gb.

hey at least I'm not alone on this one. Same delivery date.

edit: account owner says nothing, so I guess I either didn't get a notif or nothing changed.

double edit: can you all please post what color you're getting a delay on? black and no sign of a delay here.

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

I went on a live chat with Verizon to double check, they pushed my order back a month to 2/21/17. ANOTHER EDIT LOL: BIG MISUNDERSTANDING. The guy looked at the page for the order. A quote from what he said was "Thank you for that Sean. I currently show the expected ship date for that device to be 2/21/17." I didn't give this person a pre-order number or anything. We didn't get an email, and nothing has changed on the page. So I assume he was reading off the page for the pre-orders.

Last edited:

SomeFknGuy

Jul 21, 2011
How do you even check? When I do I show my order, which was placed 12/3 and it gives me the order number, however it shows a Location Code and "In Store Pickup"... Does this mean my phone is at the Verizon store waiting on me? Wouldn't I have gotten some sort of notification of this?

Top Liked Posts