Verizon Root Guide (Knox still good)

Search This thread

NeoandGeo

Jan 25, 2011
I just came in to say **** whoever thought the D/L site in the OP was a good idea. Why would you host files on a POS spam adware/malware site? One that doesn't even have the files available currently to boot.

Reactions: Sumonislam

Demicos

Aug 10, 2017
It is unfortunate that the initial link doesn't work because I am unable find the necessary .tar anywhere else on the internet to root my Samsung Galaxy S7 with build G930VVRU4BQG1.

If someone has the necessary files please let me know / send them to me. I would be more than grateful.

Demicos

Aug 10, 2017
Still need the files necessary to root my Samsung Galaxy S7 -G930 (NOT EDGE)

I have build number NRD90M.G930VVRU4BQG1

I was contacted by someone awesome who had the files for the edge but unfortunately I do not believe those will work.

Reactions: scottlindner

scottlindner

Dec 21, 2012
Colorado Springs, CO
I suspect the files will work other than the stock ROM files in case you hose your phone. I did find the files were packaged a little differently so the exact line by line usage is slightly different from the top post, but the essence should be the same.

Reactions: Demicos

Demicos

Aug 10, 2017
Yeah, it immediatly fails when attempting to change the AP to "Samsung_G935x_QC_Rooted_BOOT.TAR" - Below is the Odin log.
If you're insisting it will work, do you mean I am going to have to change the full firmware via all the files within the "G935VVRU4API3_G935VVZW4API3_VZW" folder first, then attempt to root? Which would essentially be tricking my phone into believing it is a Galaxy S7 Edge?
Will that even take or will it fail immediatly? Sorry for the skepticism.

Odin Log~

<ID:0/004> Added!!
<ID:0/004> Odin engine v(ID:3.1203)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/004> boot.img
<ID:0/004> RQT_CLOSE !!
<ID:0/004>
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

EDIT: I think the best bet would to probably change my phone to an older build which has been verified to work when being rooted but that is a whole other quest within itself.
EDIT2: So attempting to intstall the original firmware of an S7 Edge fails immediatly as well, although it was somewhat expected.

Last edited:

androidnoob09

Dec 19, 2016
I have an SMG935V but it's on frp and when I tried to downgrade it to marshmallow it won't let me Odin keeps failing. I heard you have to have OEM unlock on but how can you do while on frp?

Bigwood85

Feb 1, 2018
if you d/l the eng file and flash via odin and run this guys run_me.bat file it will unlock frp then you just flash back to your stock firmaware itll be unlocked. Theres a bunch of different guides to look thru but ive used the engineering firmware and the run_me.bat file to unlock an sm-g935t, sm-g930p, and sm-g930v.
Here is the link to the FRP unlock files
https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s7/help/how-to-bypass-frp-galaxy-s7-possibly-6-t3622126

I have an SMG935V but it's on frp and when I tried to downgrade it to marshmallow it won't let me Odin keeps failing. I heard you have to have OEM unlock on but how can you do while on frp?

zxzxzxzxzxzxzxzxzx

Apr 8, 2012
Stupid mod closed G930V thread and redirected here to DIFFERENT phone (G935V). As I'm aware, often Edge and non-edge variants do NOT have same instructions. Stupid mod, stole advice I could have read if they wouldn't have closed that thread.

So now I have to ask will this work on G930V?

Can I root G930V or should I quickly cancel my order?
Edit: I canceled order. I won't order it until I am sure I can root. It is a 100% DEAL BREAKER to not have full root.

Hope someone tells me so I know whether to buy it or not.

D

Darth

Stupid mod closed G930V thread and redirected here to DIFFERENT phone (G935V). As I'm aware, often Edge and non-edge variants do NOT have same instructions. Stupid mod, stole advice I could have read if they wouldn't have closed that thread.

So now I have to ask will this work on G930V?

Can I root G930V or should I quickly cancel my order?
Edit: I canceled order. I won't order it until I am sure I can root. It is a 100% DEAL BREAKER to not have full root.

Hope someone tells me so I know whether to buy it or not.

9TbS1IR.jpg

riodelmar

Jul 21, 2019
eng boot file?

Hello, all. I am attempting to root my S7 G930V for the purpose of data recovery (clipped text, no usable backup from which to restore it). I arrived here via this closed thread: Verizon S7 / S7 Edge [Root Guide] SM-G930V SM-G935V [NO KNOX TRIP].

On that thread, the link to the eng boot file appears to have been deleted. Is anyone able to direct me to the file or share with me the file? The files I've been able to dredge up myself online have not worked / error in Odin. Any help would be (greatly) appreciated.

Nov 18, 2020
Does this still work in 2020?

Hello, trying to root my Verizon Samsung S7, Model SM-G930V, Qualcomm MSM8996 CPU with Oct 01, 2018 Security patch running Android 8.0.0
Can anyone verify that this method still working in Nov 2020? I've been trying everything and nothing seems to work. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I take no credit other than compiling info and making a guide. All credit goes to http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=4911585 (br3w3r, Chainfire and Princecomsy)
    http://xdaforums.com/att-...-root-t3410403

Also credits to Mastajeff for originally making the guide for T-Mobile.

First off download these files: http://d-h.st/PK3q
    Extract them to whatever folder you want, there will be 5 files in there.
    • Folder named: "su" contains the SuperSU and thing needed to root the phone
    • ADB Setup EXE called: "adb-setup-1.4.3.exe" Needed to install ADB and the Drivers
    • Special patched Odin that skips the SHA 225 called: Odin PrinceComsy.exe (Mainly for AT&T)
    • .ini file named: "Odin3.ini"
    • Last, file, named: "Samsung_G935x_QC_Rooted_BOOT.TAR", this is the engBoot for the phone.
    NOTE: Some users have experienced endless boot loop; this seems to be caused by using a package disabler that disabled certain services.
    If you used one and end up getting an endless boot loop try wiping the cache and factory reset the phone.

I suggest you backup your phone before doing this, just in case something happens.
    1. Install ADB by running adb-setup-1.4.3.exe
    2. Make sure to put your phone into downloading mode (Power off--- Hold Down arrow + Home + Power button)
    3. Open up Odin and click AP and mount Samsung_G935x_QC_Rooted_BOOT.TAR
    4. Once restarted put the phone into USB debugging mode (Need Developer options for this)
    5. To get developer mode, go to "About" then tap "build number" about 6 or 7 times
    6. Go back to settings and you should now see developer options, turn on USB debugging
    7. Now back on your PC, Move the folder named "su" into your ADB folder (Default Path: C:\adb)
    8. Run CMD by either Win + R and typing cmd or from the control panel.
    9. Once CMD is open type this
      Code:
      cd C:\adb\su
      or whatever your path to your "su" folder.
    10. After that type root.bat
    11. Wait for the CMD to finish and then your phone should restart
    12. Once your phone has finally restarted you will notice that SuperSU was installed and root should be working, download root checker to find out for yourself.
    If your CMD just says starting Daemon and doesn't proceed any further than that, then you forgot to make sure USB debugging was turned on.
    If everything went well you will see the CMD was able to push SuperSU.

You can now install Xposed via Flashfire. Unfortunately, TWRP does not work on this method, so, DO NOT TRY, there is a chance that you can Brick your phone from doing that.
    NOTE: DO NOT UPDATE THE SU BINARY!

Fix for wifi bug on restart: http://xdaforums.com/tmobile-s7-edg...ticky-root-t3327399/post67592828#post67592828

Thanks 2swizzle for mentioning this.
    If you want to fix the lag/slowness download any CPU or Kernel Editor or changer.
    This one works fine: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.grarak.kerneladiutor&hl=en
    To fix the lag
    1. Open up the APP
    2. Go into the CPU settings
    3. Set CPU Governor to ondemand
    4. Apply on boot
    Thanks to orgulloso4202 I have found a way to fix the battery drain and help with Youtube and the CPU.
    L Speed seems work fine and my battery no longer drains when using the recommended Profile.
    Anyone having issues connecting to their PC as MTP after root? I can only connect in charging mode now.

I have the same problem.

I also had the same problem however if you go into settings, developer options, there is an option under the "networking" section called USB configuration and you can change it to MTP or whatever you would like there.
    Would love to know what you did

If you do get the time, I would appreciate a tutorial: I bought the new actual unlocked device so am kinda "itching" to root it. :) Am glad we can reflash original firmware if things go south as well.

That would be great, dude!

Well that escalated quickly lol

I'll start working on a tutorial now. Hope to have it posted by the end of today :)
    ok, looks like it just needed one more reboot.. It's working now. Thanks again for all your help.
    That's what this community is about helping each other. Glad I could help.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    I personally did not run into any of these issues.

The steps I followed were simple.

Re enabled packages with package Disabler.
    Followed root process.
    Disabled packages with package Disabler
    Modified build.prop to disable secure store.
    Used fix to fix icons (volte)
    Installed kernel adiutor and set to on demand and apply on boot.
    Installed flashfire
    Installed xposed
    Profit.

I did no wipes. I think a lot of the issues y'all are having is with apps.

I've run into no lag issues except on boot until on demand is set in the background. Tip: let your phone sit for 30 seconds when it hits the lock screen on reboot.

I've also not run into heat issues except on boot before the on demand governor is set.