Verizon software keeps reinstalling on Pixel 4XL

Search This thread

xorrgnlusrx

Sep 14, 2022
Hi, i have a Pixel 4XL

baseband version g8150-00123-220402-B-8399852
i think its american , but i have installed the australian firmware on it , after a factory reset , and install a custom rom

this verizon software keeps reinstalling... can anyone clear up if this is spyware hidden ( i got the phone from a dodgy supplier online)
i want to remove it , yet it keeps reinstalling after multiple wipes.. i have erased slot a and b , reflashed recovery , reflashed firmware.

i intially thought it was reinstalling as it was linked to the baseband but from what i understand installing the Australian firmware should remove this system app ..
can anyone tell me how i can completely wipe this phone so this is removed. Do i need to edit the kernal to change the baseband someone at the phone shop suggested editing the Build Prop is this correct ? and if so how does one go about this.

AppDirectedSMS
com.verizon.services
source directory - /product/priv-app/AppDirectedSMSService
________

com.verizon.obdm_permissions
source directory - /system_ext/priv-app/OBDM_Permissions

______
D-MAT
com.verizon.obdm

source directory - /system_ext/priv-app/obdm_stub
__
My Verizon Services
com.verizon.mips.services
source directory - /system_Ext/priv-app/MyVerizonServices

my running services shows these two process running constantly on Lineage 0S 19.1
com.qualcomm.qcrilmsgtunnel

com.qualcomm.atfwd

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
Hi, i have a Pixel 4XL

i think its american , but i have installed the australian firmware on it , after a factory reset , and install a custom rom

this verizon software keeps reinstalling... can anyone clear up if this is spyware hidden ( i got the phone from a dodgy supplier online)
i want to remove it , yet it keeps reinstalling after multiple wipes.. i have erased slot a and b , reflashed recovery , reflashed firmware.

i intially thought it was reinstalling as it was linked to the baseband but from what i understand installing the Australian firmware should remove this system app ..
can anyone tell me how i can completely wipe this phone so this is removed. Do i need to edit the kernal to change the baseband someone at the phone shop suggested editing the Build Prop is this correct ? and if so how does one go about this.

AppDirectedSMS
com.verizon.services
________

______
D-MAT
com.verizon.obdm

__
My Verizon Services

my running services shows these two process running constantly on Lineage 0S 19.1

com.qualcomm.atfwd
I believe it's "normal" to have My Verizon Services, AppDirectedSMS and com.verizon.llkagent on your phone, although they should be disabled if not using Verizon (I have them on my Pixel 6 Pro but they are disabled). These 3 came with the phone out of the box and aren't spyware, but there in case you have a Verizon model or on the Verizon network, I believe.

If you really wanted to uninstall them you could root and try uninstalling them, but just disabling them should suffice.

Reactions: sd_shadow

xorrgnlusrx

Sep 14, 2022
I believe it's "normal" to have My Verizon Services, AppDirectedSMS and com.verizon.llkagent on your phone, although they should be disabled if not using Verizon (I have them on my Pixel 6 Pro but they are disabled). These 3 came with the phone out of the box and aren't spyware, but there in case you have a Verizon model or on the Verizon network, I believe.

If you really wanted to uninstall them you could root and try uninstalling them, but just disabling them should suffice.
i am in australia. using a american verison pixel, i was able to unlock the bootloader on the locked verizon version, and flashed australian firmware. but the verizon software wont remove unless i manually do it.

Does anyone know how to stop sprint / Verizon system applications from reinstalling, I can remove them with root but when I restart that creates a bootloop.. It is a american pixel. But I'm in Australia, I have tried flashing Australian firmware yet the problem persists, surely someone on here has the knowledge of how to do this, I was told on stack that it has to do with carrier - ID / device ID.

stephendt0

Apr 9, 2012
QLD, Australia
Hmm, have you tried moving to the USA, signing up with Verizon as a service provider, and then cancelling and moving back to Australia?

Jokes aside, you could try disabling or uninstalling it via ADB? Let me know how you go.

Hmm, have you tried moving to the USA, signing with Verizon as a service provider, and then cancelling and moving back to Australia?

Jokes aside, you could try disabling or uninstalling it via ADB? Let me know how you go.
Tried this also mate ! Like it works ... But as soon as I install a new ROM or reinstall firmware the Verizon apps are back on the phone. I want to know how it reinstalls ? Is it in the vendor ? Firmware ?? I'm a newb hoping someone can chime in on this 1

xorrgnlusrx

Sep 14, 2022
*note to anyone with same issue* figured it out ! just had to decompile factory image and remove it from priv-app , recompile and flash and taaah dahh

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, i have a Pixel 4XL

AppDirectedSMS
    com.verizon.services
    ________

______
    D-MAT
    com.verizon.obdm

__
    My Verizon Services

com.qualcomm.atfwd