Verizon Tab S 8.4 - Did I purchase a Unicorn?

Search This thread

docchaos

Aug 25, 2008
So, my local Non-Corporate Verizon store had a sale this weekend on the Tab S 8.4. I didn't even know this was available for Verizon. The only Tab S on the website is the 10.5 model.
So, searching the web, I have found a few sites listing this model, but not for sale anywhere.
It is SM-T707V. Looks like it has the snapdragon.
As for root or anything custom, will I be out of luck, since no one else has this model to test?
I attached a few images.

Thanks.

DUHAsianSKILLZ

Aug 6, 2014
Columbus
As for root, if their was a way to export a copy of your recover img and other stuff then someone can port root. But idk how to pull the files to get root. But your tab s is faster then exynos chipset

potatomanwrl

Jan 17, 2013
I'm about to have the same problem, I think. I'm getting mine from AT&T, and it's another T707. I'm getting the feeling that we'll be SOL when it comes to root, recovery, and roms. :crying:

docchaos

Aug 25, 2008
I'm about to have the same problem, I think. I'm getting mine from AT&T, and it's another T707. I'm getting the feeling that we'll be SOL when it comes to root, recovery, and roms. :crying:

I'm more amazed I got such a good deal on it, and that it exists for Verizon. It's not listed anywhere for sale on their website.

I'll keep an eye out for root. Just hope the updates from Samsung are timely.

StingK

Jun 5, 2006
I'm more amazed I got such a good deal on it, and that it exists for Verizon. It's not listed anywhere for sale on their website.

I just picked one up too. $99.

So we're out of luck for root?

DUHAsianSKILLZ

Aug 6, 2014
Columbus
I just picked one up too. $99.

So we're out of luck for root?

If we can find a way to pull your recovery. Img and give it to chainfire or beanstown so they can port it. As of now no. I have no idea how to pull the recovery also. Not sure if twrp can work on your device? Is your bootloader locked?

StingK

Jun 5, 2006
If we can find a way to pull your recovery. Img and give it to chainfire or beanstown so they can port it. As of now no. I have no idea how to pull the recovery also. Not sure if twrp can work on your device? Is your bootloader locked?

I have no idea how to check the bootloader.

If you can point me in a direction, I'll do what I can.

Otherwise, I'll just keep an eye on this forum.

Thanks

DUHAsianSKILLZ

Aug 6, 2014
Columbus

Thanks

Well turn off your device.
Now hold power, home, vol down till it saids warning you are about to install a custom os. Now just press the volup. If you can access that it should be unlock. Now to exit, now do power, home, vol down again and it should reboot.

I think there may be a way to root your model tablets unless the bootloader is unlocked.
My think was since twrp works on the 805 and 705 also, shouldnt that mean they should be the same for all versions of the tab s if the have the same chip? Because twrp was build for the tab s wifi devices but still worked on the lte devices. So what i thought is that they should work for the 807s with unlocked bootloaders the same way they did with the lte tab s. Then if they can get that installed all they need to do is flash supersu zip since cfautoroot does the same. Though this is jist a though but could get you guys root. Highly not recommned you try it thoufg. But just check if your bootloader is unlocked with what i told you and well see if the root method I thought of may start something. But twrp only works on eynos.... So.. Idk

Reactions: potatomanwrl

potatomanwrl

Jan 17, 2013
I'd really just be happy with a working root method. A recovery would be nice, but not really necessary for me since there's not likely to be any development for these weird US lte variants.

jeff-2

Jan 6, 2015

Hi, where did you find the T707v? I have looked almost everywhere.
The Galaxy Tab S 8.4 is available for other carriers, but I haven't found it for Verizon.
Thank you if you reply, Jeff

Sam K

Sep 15, 2010
Rego Park, NY
You guys all got unicorns (the Galaxy Tab S 8.4 with the Snapdragon). I wish I had seen this thread before I purchased the Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 a few weeks ago. For some reason my Google Alert didn't pick it up.

I have 2 questions for those who bought the Verizon from TCC Wireless.

1) Was it $99 with a 2 year contract with Verizon or was it $99 straight up no contract?
2) What color is it, white or titanium bronze?

I'm a little disappointed that it only has the Snapdragon 800 instead of the 801 but either of them is better began the Exynos in the other versions.

dzeek

Dec 10, 2011
You guys all got unicorns (the Galaxy Tab S 8.4 with the Snapdragon). I wish I had seen this thread before I purchased the Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 a few weeks ago. For some reason my Google Alert didn't pick it up.

1) Was it $99 with a 2 year contract with Verizon or was it $99 straight up no contract?

I'm a little disappointed that it only has the Snapdragon 800 instead of the 801 but either of them is better began the Exynos in the other versions.
1. I don't know since I did not get mine from them.

2. I believe the Verizon model is only available in white.

Reactions: Sam K

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks

Well turn off your device.
    Now hold power, home, vol down till it saids warning you are about to install a custom os. Now just press the volup. If you can access that it should be unlock. Now to exit, now do power, home, vol down again and it should reboot.

I think there may be a way to root your model tablets unless the bootloader is unlocked.
    My think was since twrp works on the 805 and 705 also, shouldnt that mean they should be the same for all versions of the tab s if the have the same chip? Because twrp was build for the tab s wifi devices but still worked on the lte devices. So what i thought is that they should work for the 807s with unlocked bootloaders the same way they did with the lte tab s. Then if they can get that installed all they need to do is flash supersu zip since cfautoroot does the same. Though this is jist a though but could get you guys root. Highly not recommned you try it thoufg. But just check if your bootloader is unlocked with what i told you and well see if the root method I thought of may start something. But twrp only works on eynos.... So.. Idk

1. I don't know since I did not get mine from them.

2. I believe the Verizon model is only available in white.
    Thanks. I did some more research and I think you're correct that the Verizon model was only available in white. I called a few TCC Wireless stores in my area and none of them have them anymore and one sales rep went out of her way to contact someone who works at their warehouse and he confirmed that they're not getting anymore and they only had them around the holidays.

Where did you get yours?

(I think to "Thank" your post but it didn't work so I'm trying to figure out why.)
    I googled the Verizon model number, and checked each site that came up, and found one in stock at a local Best Buy. I would suggest that you do the same.
    Thanks. Do you mind me asking how much they charged you?
    Normal price on their Web site.
    Normal price on their Web site.
    It was Best Buy for Business. Here is the link. Looks like you can have it shipped if you can't find it in stock at a local store.

https://www.bestbuybusiness.com/bbf...etail&showAddButton=true&productID=BB19600637
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone