Question Verizon/Visible on OxygenOS 12?

Search This thread

nmh5001

Aug 21, 2010
OnePlus 9
I installed the C.44 update hoping all of the "No Service" issues of the initial release would have been fixed, but I still could not connect to the Verizon network. After 2 hours of chatting with an online rep at Visible (Verizon's MVMO) she concluded I need a new SIM. Has anyone done this and had the phone connect successfully? Doesn't seem like that would be the fix considering it was still pulling APN information and everything works fine again after I downgraded back to OxygenOS 11.

Last edited:

mattie_49

Feb 4, 2010
Seymour Tn
OnePlus 9 Pro
I installed the C.44 update hoping all of the "No Service" issues of the initial release would have been fixed, but I still could not connect to the Verizon network. After 2 hours of chatting with an online rep at Visible (Verizon's MVMO) she concluded I need a new SIM. Has anyone done this and had the phone connect successfully? Doesn't seem like that would be the fix considering it was still pulling APN information.
I'm on a Verizon sim. Op9 global. Took the update and kept data. Is Volte in the status bar or have you tried using OnePlus logkit to force Volte on. I bet it can be fixed easily without new sim. Or go into dialer *#4636#*#* and make sure radio is toggled on.

Last edited:

nmh5001

Aug 21, 2010
OnePlus 9
I'm on a Verizon sim. Op9 global. Took the update and kept data. Is Volte in the status bar or have you tried using OnePlus logkit to force Volte on. I bet it can be fixed easily without new sim. Or go into dialer *#4636#*#* and make sure radio is toggled on.
4636 didn't work on OS12 at all for me, oddly. But I could select what radio bands were active in the APN settings. Wish I could screenshot that for you but I need a phone so I am back on OS11.

I had no connection at all. No VoLTE, no mms, nothing. Zero bars. Just an X. And when I went to SIM > Network in settings, it says there's no service. Manually tried to connect to Verizon 4G. Nothing. Manually entered the APN. Still nothing. Clearly the radio was on because it was finding all the cell towers around my house, it was pulling APN info with a reset, but it refused to connect.

nmh5001

Aug 21, 2010
OnePlus 9
I am on the T-Mobile Network and when converting my OP9 from T-Mobile to Global, then flashing the lastest C.44 has the same issue for me. It will say no service or no sim for awhile then randomly service comes back. Have you tried using an app to change apns? I use this one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nyblnet.addapn
The service rep had me verify the APN settings and then we manually added another. Didn't help. She reprovisioned the SIM on her end. Nothing. Full factory reset. Still no connection. That's when she said she would send another SIM. I doubt that's the issue when it is working just fine on 11.

mattie_49

Feb 4, 2010
Seymour Tn
OnePlus 9 Pro
4636 didn't work on OS12 at all for me, oddly. But I could select what radio bands were active in the APN settings. Wish I could screenshot that for you but I need a phone so I am back on OS11.

I had no connection at all. No VoLTE, no mms, nothing. Zero bars. Just an X. And when I went to SIM > Network in settings, it says there's no service. Manually tried to connect to Verizon 4G. Nothing. Manually entered the APN. Still nothing. Clearly the radio was on because it was finding all the cell towers around my house, it was pulling APN info with a reset, but it refused to connect.
Get you a working msm tool for your variant downloaded to your desktop. Good to have in case. It's a real life saver. I hate our new builds. I'm rooted on A11 and seeking A12 custom. Stable. Anyhow here is link to msm tools.

nmh5001

Aug 21, 2010
OnePlus 9
Get you a working msm tool for your variant downloaded to your desktop. Good to have in case. It's a real life saver. I hate our new builds. I'm rooted on A11 and seeking A12 custom. Stable. Anyhow here is link to msm tools.

That's a tool from 2021. Similar to the 4636 dialer code, I would not be surprised if it didn't work with the new OxygenOS 12 now that it's basically a skin of ColorOS. I appreciate the suggestions, but unless you have tried them on OxygenOS 12 specifically and found them working, I am going hold out for other suggestions. For now, the phone works perfectly on OxygenOS 11. I have VoLTE, I have 5G. But I would like to take the update at some point and have a phone which still functions as a phone.

mattie_49

Feb 4, 2010
Seymour Tn
OnePlus 9 Pro
That's a tool from 2021. Similar to the 4636 dialer code, I would not be surprised if it didn't work with the new OxygenOS 12 now that it's basically a skin of ColorOS. I appreciate the suggestions, but unless you have tried them on OxygenOS 12 specifically and found them working, I am going hold out for other suggestions. For now, the phone works perfectly on OxygenOS 11. I have VoLTE, I have 5G. But I would like to take the update at some point and have a phone which still functions as a phone.
I'm saying to stay on A11. And that tool just returns device to stock and locks bl if need be. If you mess up something trying to aquire data. Good luck

kahaips

Jun 23, 2013
I am on the T-Mobile Network and when converting my OP9 from T-Mobile to Global, then flashing the lastest C.44 has the same issue for me. It will say no service or no sim for awhile then randomly service comes back. Have you tried using an app to change apns? I use this one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nyblnet.addapn
I am in a similar situation. My converted TMO OnePlus works great on OS 11 but not after I updated it with the C.44 update. No signal bars, SIM not detected, processor shows-up as Snapdragon 855, etc. Haven't seen a solution yet, so have reverted back to OS 11 Global / North America.