• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Verizon Z3 - LTE Bands?

Search This thread

MrBaltazar

Oct 28, 2014
Seattle
Hello,

I am looking to purchase a Verizon Z3 (not the Play version that's available on amazon) and I was wondering if anyone knew which LTE bands are available? I will be using AT&T and I need Band 4 and Band 17 in my area. Can anyone confirm that the Verizon version of the Z3 has these? Thanks in advance.

D

Darth

Hello,

I am looking to purchase a Verizon Z3 (not the Play version that's available on amazon) and I was wondering if anyone knew which LTE bands are available? I will be using AT&T and I need Band 4 and Band 17 in my area. Can anyone confirm that the Verizon version of the Z3 has these? Thanks in advance.
I am not sure of the answer to your actual question, but wanted to point out that based on the past moto devices and Verizon, that you'll be guaranteeing yourself a device who's bootloader you will never be able to unlock.

Just wanted to mention that, not sure if it matters to you. And possibly you're aware of this already too. :)

Last edited:

Sam_11

Oct 18, 2012
Cologne
Hi,

you´ll find the specs here.
I think the phone will be locked to verizon inside the US and is only "Internationally unlocked".
you can use it outside the US with any carrier.

Maheshwara

Sep 19, 2011
Frankfurt
Hi,

you´ll find the specs here.
I think the phone will be locked to verizon inside the US and is only "Internationally unlocked".
you can use it outside the US with any carrier.

Sam, are you sure, that this phone can be also used in Europe / Germany? I thought about getting it via eBay, but I have not yet found any reliable source for really knowing that it will be completely unlocked for all German carriers.

So I am still looking for the Chinese Z3 version with even 6GB RAM. So I would have the advantage to get the same specs as those of my Z2 Force, but with the profit of the amazing Z3 screen (I really dislike the Z2 Force's "plastic" screen). But so far, I have not found any source to order the Chinese Z3 version. Maybe, anybody else?

Last edited:

Mental1

Aug 15, 2014
Buy from Motorola directly, unlocked for global use.
Don't install sim untill you unlock bootloader & Root is done. If the bands you are interested in using are not engaged then use qcom tool software to turn them on.

Sam_11

Oct 18, 2012
Cologne
Sam, are you sure, that this phone can be also used in Europe / Germany? I thought about getting it via eBay, but I have not yet found any reliable source for really knowing that it will be completely unlocked for all German carriers.

So I am still looking for the Chinese Z3 version with even 6GB RAM. So I would have the advantage to get the same specs as those of my Z2 Force, but with the profit of the amazing Z3 screen (I really dislike the Z2 Force's "plastic" screen). But so far, I have not found any source to order the Chinese Z3 version. Maybe, anybody else?
I can tell you in 2 weeks, i've bought one today.

Gesendet von meinem Moto Z (2) mit Tapatalk

Reactions: Maheshwara

wanb1i

Aug 17, 2010
Charlottesville, VA Area

As an FYI, the Moto Z3 IS Locked to Verizon ONLY in the US, Bootloader is also LOCKED and I HATE THE PHONE! It 's a $480.00 BILLBOARD! Nothing but Ads, Ads, Ads! You can't unlock the booltoader (I tried), so you can't root it, no root no adblock. :crying: So if you don't mind spending $500 and having CONSTANT, FULL SCREEN, OBTRUSIVE ADS popup while your viewing something, then this is the phone for you!! ;)

BTW, the screen is also plastic, so be certain to get yourself a Tempered Glass Screen protector as soon as you get the phone, because the screen scratches very easily!

I'll be selling mine on eBay very soon!:D

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------

Buy from Motorola directly, unlocked for global use.
Don't install sim untill you unlock bootloader & Root is done. If the bands you are interested in using are not engaged then use qcom tool software to turn them on.

FYI, can't unlock the bootloader, I tried to before I installed the sim, no go. the electronic serial number generated as the bootloader unlock code is set to VZW and CAN NOT BE UNLOCKED!:crying: I bought mine from Moto directly and it was shipped from China.

Last edited:

Mental1

Aug 15, 2014
As an FYI, the Moto Z3 IS Locked to Verizon ONLY in the US, Bootloader is also LOCKED and I HATE THE PHONE! It 's a $480.00 BILLBOARD! Nothing but Ads, Ads, Ads! You can't unlock the booltoader (I tried), so you can't root it, no root no adblock. :crying: So if you don't mind spending $500 and having CONSTANT, FULL SCREEN, OBTRUSIVE ADS popup while your viewing something, then this is the phone for you!! ;)

BTW, the screen is also plastic, so be certain to get yourself a Tempered Glass Screen protector as soon as you get the phone, because the screen scratches very easily!

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------

FYI, can't unlock the bootloader, I tried to before I installed the sim, no go. the electronic serial number generated as the bootloader unlock code is set to VZW and CAN NOT BE UNLOCKED!:crying: I bought mine from Moto directly and it was shipped from China.

Well that sucks for you. I purchased my z3 play direct from Moto on a presale offer and it was not shipped from China. I used it for about 3 weeks before cracking the top 2 corners of the display from a "pop out of pocket, hit the blacktop and slid down my driveway" accident. Thanks to Moto's added warranty protection, they replaced it with a brand new in the box z3 play. So, before installing my Verizon sim, I setup the phone and used it on wifi for 2 days, also I never signed into Google, and made sure everything worked. This time being as F'n busy with my job and not having the time to modify it, I used the OCR service, paid the $$ and within a hour, unlocked bootloader and rooted. Once again, I used it for a day before finally installing my sim. I love the phone now and ripped through this ***** removing/adding apps and features to customize/personalize it to my liking. I have not installed the twrp recovery yet. That is next but as of now, not a single issue with anything. OCR, left me every file that was used for the unlock bootloader & Rooting process. If it helps anybody, I can upload what ever file anyone may need.

Sent using my Awesome ROOTED Moto Z3 Play

Last edited:

wanb1i

Aug 17, 2010
Charlottesville, VA Area
If you bought it directly from Motorola and it was shipped from China, so it's the 6GB RAM Version with ZUI Firmware?

No, 4gb ram/64gb storage, Verizon Bloatware.

---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

Well that sucks for you. I purchased my z3 play direct from Moto on a presale offer and it was not shipped from China. I used it for about 3 weeks before cracking the top 2 corners of the display from a "pop out of pocket, hit the blacktop and slid down my driveway" accident. Thanks to Moto's added warranty protection, they replaced it with a brand new in the box z3 play. So, before installing my Verizon sim, I setup the phone and used it on wifi for 2 days, also I never signed into Google, and made sure everything worked. This time being as F'n busy with my job and not having the time to modify it, I used the OCR service, paid the $$ and within a hour, unlocked bootloader and rooted. Once again, I used it for a day before finally installing my sim. I love the phone now and ripped through this ***** removing/adding apps and features to customize/personalize it to my liking. I have not installed the twrp recovery yet. That is next but as of now, not a single issue with anything. OCR, left me every file that was used for the unlock bootloader & Rooting process. If it helps anybody, I can upload what ever file anyone may need.

Yep, that's because it's a Z3 "PLAY", not a Z3 which is "LOCKED" to Verizon from the factory. :crying: Mine's on eBay if anyone want's to buy it.:D

benjamminh

Sep 5, 2015
Verizon bloatware is easily disabled. I've had no trouble with ads. Anyone who buys a Verizon phone should know they're usually not bootloader unlockable if you're sophisticated enough to consider unlocking it. My phone's working great so ymmv.

gbhsaturn

Jan 4, 2011

Umm, not sure where you're getting this all from?

I bought a Z3 from the Verizon store at $480 it is a steal for this caliber of phone. It is NOT LOCKED, I was able to use it on AT&T and T-Mobile with no issue. Only thing that happens is when you reboot the phone it says "Sim card not from Verizon". Just swipe on the notification and it disappears and does not come back unless you reboot. Any of the Verizon apps are easily disabled and I do not have any ads of any sort, a pretty close to pure android experience. If you have ads, maybe you have a Z3 play Amazon version? not sure if they even made one for z3. I'm so confused on where you're getting ads from?

Also the screen is definitely glass...also don't know where you're getting this from. I also dropped my phone, no cracks, but display has a big blue spot on it. Was told that if there is no crack, it will be fixed for free. Even if they do find that there is physical damage, they will replace it for $150, which I think is more than reasonable. Just sent it off on the weekend so I'll find out soon. I wish there was a z3 force, would gladly deal with the plastic screen in order not to have to worry about it cracking. My Droid Turbo 2 was wonderful because of that.

Overall the z3 has been a great phone, the side fingerprint reader is awesome too. Was a bit worried about it, but got used to it pretty quick. Now that I sent mine in, I'm having to use my old Z droid, and realizing how a front fingerprint reader is not as convenient as a side one.

So I'm very curious, where did you find a Z3, that is locked, with ads and with a plastic screen? you sure you have a z3?

I have owned Verizon only version phones, from the Droid Turbo, Droid Turbo 2 and now the Z3, all of them have been able to work on any network as long as the bands match up, and I've been able to use them in many countries and in the US with no issue.

Ace42

Jul 20, 2009
New York
Moto G Power
Motorola Edge
So I'm very curious, where did you find a Z3, that is locked, with ads and with a plastic screen? you sure you have a z3?.

In the event you are unaware, there are malicious apps capable of displaying apps on a user's device. Being that Amazon only offers the Z3 Play, which is impossible to confuse with a VZ branded device, this leads credibility to this being the problem.

Reviewers seem to like the screen, so pethaps they have a different Moto phone altogether? Who knows. VZ carries other Moto devices.

Lord_Worm

Sep 18, 2018

I need this info!!!!! Where did you get it done? I don't mind having to pay $$ for it... As long as it's not $$$$$$$$$$ lol

Lord_Worm

Sep 18, 2018
One Click Root took care of everything from new "out of box" to Unlocked BL to Root all for less then 2 joints.

Thanks for the info. I'll look into it. I'm wondering where to find a little guiding on this: I posted elsewhere in the forum, but I spoke directly with a Motorola rep and they confirmed I was shipped a factory firmware test model. I'm not even sure what that means exactly. I know that I have modified several system files and actually had them stick, and now I'm wondering if I can flash a different firmware, and be on a different software channel altogether without bricking my device. My ultimate goal is bootloader unlock and root, but alas, every thing I read online says otherwise. I still would like to humor the thought of a possibility @ unlocking my bootloader without any crazy bootstomp vulnerability exploit

Lord_Worm

Sep 18, 2018
One Click Root took care of everything from new "out of box" to Unlocked BL to Root all for less then 2 joints.

Yeah, I find it terribly odd that it says that the Moto Z3 Play isn't a supported device. Are you sure you're telling the truth over there? Sounds almost gimmicky to me. No offense sir, but I literally just went through the process with them.

Mental1

Aug 15, 2014
Thanks for the info. I'll look into it. I'm wondering where to find a little guiding on this: I posted elsewhere in the forum, but I spoke directly with a Motorola rep and they confirmed I was shipped a factory firmware test model. I'm not even sure what that means exactly. I know that I have modified several system files and actually had them stick, and now I'm wondering if I can flash a different firmware, and be on a different software channel altogether without bricking my device. My ultimate goal is bootloader unlock and root, but alas, every thing I read online says otherwise. I still would like to humor the thought of a possibility @ unlocking my bootloader without any crazy bootstomp vulnerability exploit

Normally I do all my devices, cells, tabs and tv but I've been so busy I couldn't do any major research before attempting mental melt down. The one thing I can say is while watching it be done, they went directly through Moto site for the unlocking of the BL. After that the process from there was your standard adb & fb commands. Now they did download a "Official Firmware" file, flashed it, used Magisk, reflashed again and done. I read the same good & bad crap online as you and basically once you get it done , redo it your own way. The hard part is done, lol. It has been running great since done months ago. I made a change or two since then and still no issues. If I get a chance, I'll post the zip file they used and firmware pkg if it helps you.

Mental1

Aug 15, 2014
Normally I do all my devices, cells, tabs and tv but I've been so busy I couldn't do any major research before attempting mental melt down. The one thing I can say is while watching it be done, they went directly through Moto site for the unlocking of the BL. After that the process from there was your standard adb & fb commands. Now they did download a "Official Firmware" file, flashed it, used Magisk, reflashed again and done. I read the same good & bad crap online as you and basically once you get it done , redo it your own way. The hard part is done, lol. It has been running great since done months ago. I made a change or two since then and still no issues. If I get a chance, I'll post the zip file they used and firmware pkg if it helps you.

I'll take a picture of the boot up screens showing the unlocked bootloader and post them.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181223-144611.png
    Screenshot_20181223-144611.png
    174.8 KB · Views: 183
  • Screenshot_20181223-144647.png
    Screenshot_20181223-144647.png
    158.9 KB · Views: 181
  • Screenshot_20181223-145102.png
    Screenshot_20181223-145102.png
    171.3 KB · Views: 189
Reactions: burnsky05

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I can tell you in 2 weeks, i've bought one today.

Gesendet von meinem Moto Z (2) mit Tapatalk

I'll take a picture of the boot up screens showing the unlocked bootloader and post them.