Very happy with my Mi Max 2

Search This thread

mingonn

Dec 9, 2009
Got the 64gb international version from gearbest last week to replace my Nexus 6 ( previously phones Sony Z Ultra, Huawei Mate 7, Galaxy Mega previously, Dell Streak). Best phone so far by a long shot. 4G Telstra works fine here in Australia with this model.

Build quality is great and got an OTA update this morning which was a surprise, wasn't expecting much from a Chinese phone after my experience with Huawei. Put Google Now launcher on because its what I am use to which works fine.

Only complaints are the lack of Australia in the region list which means I get an American accent on Google Maps. Screen is a bit washed out compared to the OLED Nexus 6 but that sucked in the day light where as the Mi Mix 2 is heaps better out doors. I need a good out door screen for my drone flying and the Mi Max does a great job.

Honestly thought I would have more issues with this phone but its great and cheap too.

TiMbl4

Sep 16, 2010
Tallinn
I too ordered the international 64gb version, just unpacked it and damn... A worthy replacement for my Nexus 6. Prior to that, I checked the wiki and contacted my mobile operator just in case and two out of three bands for LTE work with this phone in Estonia (Northern EU).

mingonn

Dec 9, 2009
Ok a week in now and oh boy is this a great phone, battery is phenomenal!!! Not sure about the SD card, I don't need one with 64gb on board.

Navigation bar button lights were irritating when reading using the Kindle app at night but just disabled them for the kindle Kindle app in the settings, too easy.

10/10 so far for me, a Xiaomi convert.

Reactions: DeedsOfTheDead

Versi38

Jul 14, 2017
thanks for the review. Can you kindly confirm if the sd card when inserted is working nicely?

I actually did have a problem with the SD card. It worked fine on my old phone (Sony C5 Ultra), and my computer could read the data too. But the Xiaomi told me it was corrupt. Switched it back to the Sony and it was fine, so whatever the issue was, was with Xiaomi. I copied all of the data to my PC, let Xiaomi re-format and then copied the data back. A little bit annoying, but had no issues with it since then. Maybe the phone cannot read some format types (ExFAT etc)?

adampa1006

May 11, 2011
OnePlus 9 Pro
I actually did have a problem with the SD card. It worked fine on my old phone (Sony C5 Ultra), and my computer could read the data too. But the Xiaomi told me it was corrupt. Switched it back to the Sony and it was fine, so whatever the issue was, was with Xiaomi. I copied all of the data to my PC, let Xiaomi re-format and then copied the data back. A little bit annoying, but had no issues with it since then. Maybe the phone cannot read some format types (ExFAT etc)?

Same with me, I think the phone can only read FAT32 or whatever, SD card works fine but only after phone re-formats.

trabando

Oct 29, 2011

Same with me, I think the phone can only read FAT32 or whatever, SD card works fine but only after phone re-formats.
global rom causes this. Use xiaomi.eu ROM and you won't have this issue.

Reactions: dan_729

Cryonics

Aug 30, 2010
Got the 64gb international version from gearbest last week to replace my Nexus 6 ( previously phones Sony Z Ultra, Huawei Mate 7, Galaxy Mega previously, Dell Streak). Best phone so far by a long shot. 4G Telstra works fine here in Australia with this model.

Build quality is great and got an OTA update this morning which was a surprise, wasn't expecting much from a Chinese phone after my experience with Huawei. Put Google Now launcher on because its what I am use to which works fine.

Only complaints are the lack of Australia in the region list which means I get an American accent on Google Maps. Screen is a bit washed out compared to the OLED Nexus 6 but that sucked in the day light where as the Mi Mix 2 is heaps better out doors. I need a good out door screen for my drone flying and the Mi Max does a great job.

Honestly thought I would have more issues with this phone but its great and cheap too.

Hey mate, we have similar taste in phone. I can't agree more with what you said. I don't think that region option affect much to your phone functionality besides the bookmarks on the built-in browser, you can change the Google TTS voice from the language and input settings and change your voice to Australian or UK English.

Just got this baby to replace my Mi Max 1. I love huge phone, and this by far the best phone I've owned so far (Mi Max 1, Nexus 6, Z Ultra, LG V10, Samsung Note 4, Mediapad X2, Honor Note 8) the best thing is it's so cheap, 300 AUD shipped from Ali.

Black global, 64GB, Aldi mobile (Telstra), Vodafone Dual standby, and 128GB micro SD card altogether with the extension thingy.

Also, you're right, stay away from Huawei as far as possible. Total crap. (Honor Note 8 & Mediapad X2 owner here)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Ok a week in now and oh boy is this a great phone, battery is phenomenal!!! Not sure about the SD card, I don't need one with 64gb on board.

Navigation bar button lights were irritating when reading using the Kindle app at night but just disabled them for the kindle Kindle app in the settings, too easy.

10/10 so far for me, a Xiaomi convert.

global rom causes this. Use xiaomi.eu ROM and you won't have this issue.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone