• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Very seriously considering getting this phone but I need ask some questions first...

Search This thread

NutsyUK

Aug 15, 2008
I have an old mediatek based redme note4, so very much due an upgrade. The cameras on this look pretty decent and good enough for my youtube vid work...
But I have one issue i want to address...

On my old Note4 using MiUi ive noticed that A LOT of system programs dial home to aliexpress servers... I assume to Xiaomi controlled servers... Ive noticed this quite regularly when doing certain tasks like using Chrome or email, or installing apps...

Now I want to get this phone, I kinda need to know that there will be some roms going around that will strip all this crap out. Annoyingly though I like MiUI as an interface. I just dont like this phone dialing home as much as it is.

So got the few questions.
As its snapdragon, i realise in all likely hood there will be custom roms. What will my likely options be? Lineage? Will there likely be a MiUi with the nastiness stripped?

And I also, when I root the phone to do all this is there anyway to mask the root? I use banking apps that wont run if the phones been rooted...

Anyway I realise its early day. Just thought I should ask. I might be getting the phone around december or january...

Reactions: Motooo

Martensite

May 22, 2017
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
We can expect that there would be xiaomi eu rom support which is debloated miui with additional languages. (Also with their shi**y roboto font)
Custom roms may not be your favor cuz they usually give you same boring aosp experience whatever you install.

kickassdave

Oct 2, 2010
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
Mine is arriving today and I will be unlocking the bootloader ASAP.
Xiaomi usually let you unlock the bootloader although you have to wait and the custom ROM scene for past Xiaomi devices has been good (I've had both a Mi 5 and Mi 9 and can testify to this).

So long as someone builds for this device, you'll probably end up with a fair selection of ROMs to choose from including customised / debloated versions of MIUI which aren't too bad either

Reactions: Motooo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have an old mediatek based redme note4, so very much due an upgrade. The cameras on this look pretty decent and good enough for my youtube vid work...
    But I have one issue i want to address...

On my old Note4 using MiUi ive noticed that A LOT of system programs dial home to aliexpress servers... I assume to Xiaomi controlled servers... Ive noticed this quite regularly when doing certain tasks like using Chrome or email, or installing apps...

Now I want to get this phone, I kinda need to know that there will be some roms going around that will strip all this crap out. Annoyingly though I like MiUI as an interface. I just dont like this phone dialing home as much as it is.

So got the few questions.
    As its snapdragon, i realise in all likely hood there will be custom roms. What will my likely options be? Lineage? Will there likely be a MiUi with the nastiness stripped?

And I also, when I root the phone to do all this is there anyway to mask the root? I use banking apps that wont run if the phones been rooted...

Anyway I realise its early day. Just thought I should ask. I might be getting the phone around december or january...
    Mine is arriving today and I will be unlocking the bootloader ASAP.
    Xiaomi usually let you unlock the bootloader although you have to wait and the custom ROM scene for past Xiaomi devices has been good (I've had both a Mi 5 and Mi 9 and can testify to this).

So long as someone builds for this device, you'll probably end up with a fair selection of ROMs to choose from including customised / debloated versions of MIUI which aren't too bad either