Vibe Z2 Pro has a Stock Android Mode!

Search This thread

svvv

Oct 11, 2008
Chennai
I am quiet hesitant to buy this mobile at this point ...not sure whether custom roms will be made for this mobile

rdosti

Mar 27, 2008
Ahmedabad
www.k.care
Review Z2 Pro vs. the Best Damn Devices

Lenovo Vibe Z2 Pro (Dual SIM)

One of the most un-imaginable 6 inch (Phablets) phones that one could buy is available at a price point of Rs. 32,999 which makes it one of the lowest costing QHD devices available in the market today. I have spent ample time ‘googling’ the device and looking for international reviews and quite disappointed to find none. The phone has been completely ignored which leads to either the question that this is a another Chinese import with some customization here and there, or that this has not been marketed enough and thus, comes as a surprise Diwali deal for all.
I have used pretty much every device you can think of from the ios Apple – iPhones (entire series), to the Android Samsung S (entire series), to the Notes (everything), Nexus (entire series) all the way to the Microsoft bred Nokia Lumia 1020 and 1500 and more. The Lenovo Vibe Z2 Pro would be the last of my options, except that this year I was fascinated by it’s specs and features. For a 6 inch phablet (Phone + Tablet) this seemed to have quite a lot of things on it’s positives. Right now, the top end Galaxy’s and iPhone are fighting each other with 13 MP to 16 MP Cameras, and HD Displays, whereas the Vibe Z2 Pro enters the arena silently with 16 MP Professional Camera (some compare it the Nokia 1020’s 41 MP PureView camera), which undoubtedly can not be true. However where the Z2 Pro shows dominance is with it’s 4K recording ability and QHD screens making it an interesting device at it’s price point. Also interesting enough it houses a secondary 5 MP camera compared to most devices fighting with 2 MP front face cameras. Designed to look “expensive” and slim, the device is supposed to be quick with a 2.5 Gz Snapdragon 801 Quad Core Processor, which even today doesn’t make me feel that fast with any device except the Nexus 5! Armed with 3 GB RAM, this baby should be as fast my computer – or so I would have imagined. Yet with so much bloat being installed by companies for OEM and Custom UI’s you generally don’t get more than 700 MB of free RAM. I would have personally liked having Android Stock UI, no bloat ware and at least 2 GB RAM all for myself ! Now that would be a real “Snap-Dragon” !

No expandable memory card was an instant turn off for me, and having 32 GB minus the whooping 6 GB OS used storage was a kick in my ass. Leaving me with hardly 24 GB of free storage after deducting other in built apps and files, and no memory card – I felt bloated already. There is OTG support, which means using custom cables you can connect your phone’s charging port to a USB cable (OTG) which will allow you to again connect mass storage drives such as pen drives, flash drives, etc. to your phone. I don’t like the idea because it makes things look messy.

What the Z2 Pro does though – is 6 GB includes an option to switch between the Android UI and it’s custom UI – this is a first in my book’s for a dual mode GUI option which allows people like me switch to Androids GUI. I would imagine that this move, should or would free me up to 1.8 to 2GB’s of RAM, but I need to really check to see if it works. I would personally have hoped to be able to delete the entire Lenovo custom UI and free me up another 2-3GB of space which would probably let me fit a good deal of my music collection and some books to read on my 6 inch…. (no pun intended)…. screen.

Now let me compare some top end devices with the Z2 Pro for you to give you an idea of what kind of a “dragon” this could be. The LG 3 – one of the only qHD phones available is priced similarly at Rs 32,999 has similar specs but a smaller 5.5 inch screen.The LG3 has 550 ppi density because of it’s half inch smaller frame, whereas the Z2 Pro has 490 ppi resolution, which for the extra half inch is noteworthy. Having said that, the Z2 Pro’s quality should be good enough since the human eye can not differentiate screens with higher than around 320 ppi. Where companies have begun new competition is brightness to confuse the user on higher ppi scales. So knowing the Z2 Pro supports 490 ppi for a 6 inch screen sounds wonderful. 3GB Ram sounds like a real treat, since companies like LG and Samsung install GUI and Application bloatware that eventually gives you around 500-600 MB of Free RAM. I personally hate slow phones and with all the things these companies put nowadays, the Samsung S5 was one of the fastest phones to exit my pockets permanently. Now where the Z2 Pro does suffer is – lack of stereo speakers like the Sony Z3 and lack of water proof or water resistant bodies. I would have loved knowing that the Z2 Pro with it’s supposedly professional camera could get into fresh water swimming pools for some fun photos. That’s not the case as the Z2 Pro can’t really do that.

However, it does have a professional camera mode which allows it do use custom camera (manual settings) and really take vivid photographs. Now on a positive note – the Sony Z3 costs Rs. 46,000 while the Z2 Pro as I repeatedly have mentioned is Rs. 32,999 (33,000) which is a Rs.13,000 savings immediately. Also on a side note – the Sony Z3 is a said to be breaking it’s screen fairly quickly, speakers damage when submerged into water is causing problems to Sony’s water proof claims too. When compared to an iPhone – the Z2 Pro runs a different operating system, but if you went straight to the tech specs – Z2 Pro has more RAM, a higher end camera and seems to be made more expensive than the iPhone – however this is yet to be seen as my new iPhone 6 Plus is yet to arrive.

The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 which is expected to launch this week, will be priced around Rs. 52,000 and has a PPI of 515 thanks to it’s super-amoled display. However if you look at the difference between 515 and 490 ppi – it doesnt seem a great deal. That’s where the Z2 Pro which – let me remind you is a 6 inch phablet might be better than the Note 4, which is a 5.7 phablet for a lower price! However, the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 does include a pen, and has writing capabilities which almost no other phone has – which continues to make it unique. That being said, to keep this review fair – the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 has a lower battery life than the Z2 Pro which interesting offers dual sim support, whereby one sim supports 3G/4G/LTE support – but quite surprisingly doesn’t support India’s Airtel LTE network. The second sim card sadly doesn’t support 3G and is good for only 2G networks. The Samsung Note 4 includes the new Snapdragon 805 chipset, which makes it the first device to run the new updated hardware. The new chipset mitigates issues of handling 4K recording as well as QHD screens. The Samsung Note 4 has a 16 MP camera (Front) and a 3.7 MP rear camera, whereas the Z2 Pro has a 16 MP font camera, with a mightier 5 MP rear camera.

Just to remind everyone – higher Mega Pixels are not important for personal photographs whereas the focus lens size is more important for detailed photographs. The MPs come into play only when you want to shoot large images (scenery from a bridge or a hill) or want to take photos for large banners or bill boards. There is no description mentioned around on the Lens of the Z2 Pro and I suspect the camera might be a bit substandard and so mentioning it was neglected. The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 does indeed have a finger print sensor which the Z2 Pro does not have, but interestingly the finger print sensor has not really found any place or value on devices till date. Both devices include NFC and bluetooth. Finally, the Galaxy Note 4 does support expandable memory cards up to 128GB which would therefore allow a 32GB model to store up to 160 GB of data including it’s OS, GUI and other proprietary apps and data. I don’t know if the Note 4 is worth paying the extra Rs. 20,000 premium cost but then again the Note 4 is in a league of it’s own.

My opinion to this is, if you have a budget for a high quality premium device – I would recommend either of the two devices – Lenovo Z2 Pro or the upcoming Nexus 6. Since the Nexus 6 is still not available. I will try to make it easier for you – Lenovo Z2 Pro is a great choice till then.

Disclaimer: This review was written by me on my blog and since there are a few questions being asked, I thought I'd share it with you all.

wonderbao

Oct 13, 2014
Thanks for the review, rdosti.

I have a few questions I hope you can answer.

Have you rooted your phone? If yes, did you use the Kingo app?

Do the phone have any heat issues?

I heard that it can be difficult to install new apps because of the security app that comes preinstalled. Do you have the same experience?

I will receive my phone in a coupe of weeks. Can't wait!

rdosti

Mar 27, 2008
Ahmedabad
www.k.care
  • Why would you root the phone? --- You get stock rom (android) included as an option. You need to enable it through Developer Options in Settings (and you can reboot the phone in Stock android GUI).
  • No over heating issues have been experienced.
  • No issues installing Apps. Not sure what Security App you are talking about. Are you referring to "Secure Zone" which is already available on most android smart devices which allows you to separate business and home apps and screens?

"In Vibe Z2 Pro, we have two zones: open zone and secure zone. Every app can be run in open zone while only trusted app will be run in secure zone to protect sensitive application & data for user. User can easily switch between open zone and secure zone by only "one click". In secure zone, it is safer, freer and easier." Reference: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo...-is-coming-in-Lenovo-Vibe-Z2-Pro/td-p/1702177

Photoneutron

Nov 29, 2011

1. whether we can install & run apps from OTG devices
2. MHL support is not mentioned, is it a software option later can be tweaked
3. DUAL sim 3G/4G is it an software tweakable option
4. who is the winner among IUNI 3, K920 & 64 bit VIBE Z2
5. how is lenovo after sales support, i am ****** with micromax service with A210 [very poor service]
6. is there a promise for Android L or cyanogen mod!

is there a phone you suggest with dual GSM sim, removable battery, 2-3GB RAM, 13+ BSI, dual LED, future ready performer at least FHD 5inch

• Why would you root the phone? --- You get stock rom (android) included as an option. You need to enable it through Developer Options in Settings (and you can reboot the phone in Stock android GUI).
  • No over heating issues have been experienced.
  • No issues installing Apps. Not sure what Security App you are talking about. Are you referring to "Secure Zone" which is already available on most android smart devices which allows you to separate business and home apps and screens?

"In Vibe Z2 Pro, we have two zones: open zone and secure zone. Every app can be run in open zone while only trusted app will be run in secure zone to protect sensitive application & data for user. User can easily switch between open zone and secure zone by only "one click". In secure zone, it is safer, freer and easier." Reference: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo...-is-coming-in-Lenovo-Vibe-Z2-Pro/td-p/1702177

rdosti

Mar 27, 2008
Ahmedabad
www.k.care
Hi will try to answer as many as I can.

- I am getting my OTG Flash Drive today so will be able to let you know by tomorrow.
- Micro USB to HDMI should work.
- Dual SIM (SIM Slot one is for 4g/3g/2gb & SIM Slot two is for 2G). By the way I am impressed that both SIMS go into a single tray which has been made so you can fit two sim cards. Excellent design. Sadly second slot is clearly marked for only 2G.
- Vibe Z2 Pro stands out in all my tests
- I have been lucky enough never to need it. I think support of all companies except Apple "suck". Apple's replacement system is unbeatable.
- Lenovo have said that their flagship will get updates - however I will take that with a pinch of salt since there is no guarantees on that.

One of the things I was depressed about was the Camera is not as great as I would have hoped or imagined. Though many reviewers have said it is great, I took photos this morning in day light as well as night time and minor zooming of the photos taken already, were quite grainy. In my opinion the camera is a let down.

I would suggest the Z2 Pro which is quite reasonably priced. The lack of marketing and brand ambassadors have allowed them to allow them to price themselves at a fairly competitive price. The only single sim competitor is the Nexus which is speculated to be announced tomorrow. There is no dual sim competitor worth comparing this device too at this price point.

5. how is lenovo after sales support, i am ****** with micromax service with A210 [very poor service]

is there a phone you suggest with dual GSM sim, removable battery, 2-3GB RAM, 13+ BSI, dual LED, future ready performer at least FHD 5inch

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

By the way - Regarding the secure app - You can force stop and disable it. I did just that. There is an inbuilt antivirus which got the same treatment from me. Those memory hogging antivirus do nothing and waste valuable resources in my opinion. Force Stop - Disable is the way to go !

I also removed some apps and games I wasn't planning to use to free up some space on the phone.

I was able to easily get 1.5 GB Free RAM (out of 3 GB) which is one of the best performing devices I have seen. That allows me to load and run high end QHD videos as well as Games without worrying about RAM issues or lack of available RAM. 50% RAM free is like a God Send for people who really want to take it on for gaming!

I had around 24-25 GB of free internal storage immediately, which gives me quite a lot of space to fill up with things I need or want. OTG always remains a second option.

MY recommendation is load all your apps on the internal storage for faster "read" speeds, and put all your media on the OTG flash drives or any free space left on your internal storage.

I would not recommend apps being put on OTG for a very simple reason, you will find a lag or a every so tiny lag which reduces the fun of having such a beautiful device.

The Brightness makes the Nexus 5 look like crap!

Reactions: Photoneutron

Photoneutron

Nov 29, 2011
Thanks a lot for your time & strouble.

I am in a dilemma whether to wait for MTK 6595 [vibe X2] or MTK 6795 phones? or to go for 64 bit Snapdragon?

viruscmotu

Dec 25, 2009
By the way - Regarding the secure app - You can force stop and disable it. I did just that. There is an inbuilt antivirus which got the same treatment from me. Those memory hogging antivirus do nothing and waste valuable resources in my opinion. Force Stop - Disable is the way to go !

I also removed some apps and games I wasn't planning to use to free up some space on the phone.

I was able to easily get 1.5 GB Free RAM (out of 3 GB) which is one of the best performing devices I have seen. That allows me to load and run high end QHD videos as well as Games without worrying about RAM issues or lack of available RAM. 50% RAM free is like a God Send for people who really want to take it on for gaming!

I had around 24-25 GB of free internal storage immediately, which gives me quite a lot of space to fill up with things I need or want. OTG always remains a second option.

MY recommendation is load all your apps on the internal storage for faster "read" speeds, and put all your media on the OTG flash drives or any free space left on your internal storage.

I would not recommend apps being put on OTG for a very simple reason, you will find a lag or a every so tiny lag which reduces the fun of having such a beautiful device.

The Brightness makes the Nexus 5 look like crap!

Thanks for your review man, Really appreciate it.

1.). I would like to know specifically in the Google UI Mode, is the sercurity app(I mean the Antivirus App and NOT the Secure Mode App) still installed and running ?
Is it possible to disable and force stop them? Because in whatever little videos i have seen on-line, most have the security app in the Notification drawer which is kinda annoying and
frustrating? Also i read somewhere that the Lenovo Antivirus App(Security App) is soo ingrained in the OS that it starts to mess around with whatsapp and other Apps when Disabled
or Force stopped and it re enables itself after sometime.
2.). Also how much ram usage in Google UI mode?
3.). Does the phone feel less bloated and snappier when in Google UI mode?
4.). Any particular features you feel are missing in the Google UI Mode that are there in the Vibe UI mode?
5.). Would you root the Phone to remove all the unnecessary apps like the Security app , Secure zone, SyncIT, ShareIT apps and all the other useless apps?

Sorry , Too many questions. :confused:

rdosti

Mar 27, 2008
Ahmedabad
www.k.care
To viruscmotu -
1. You can disable (force stop and disable) the app. I did that the moment I got my device.
2. Surprisingly and sadly, the free RAM is almost the same in both UI's which begs the question - WHY ? I actually began to like Lenovo's UI by the way - its kind of like the iPhone - everything's on the home screens + Widgets! I have already mentioned in previous posting's you get around 1.5 GB Free RAM.
3. Google UI mode feels only a very tiny bit (very cautious) faster. I think the Google UI mode has been tweaked by Lenovo since many minor but catchable things are not "true stock".
4. Yes, there is one feature which I think is extremely shocking not there in Google UI - The "OTA Update" feature. This has got me really disturbed about the device. I have to reboot back into Vibe UI to actually look for any new update (we got one last night ) which I would have missed had I stayed in the Google UI permanently.
5. Honestly, I don't see any reason to remove it since it doesn't take up too much space and you can easily disable it. It does not pop up or bother you ever again. Without root you can perform most of the disable actions and if you just want to be sure - you can download "Clean Master" - a free ware and very popular app to disable those preinstalled apps you wish to.

Regarding the question whether to wait for the X2 , etc... The snapdragon is a way better chipset in all reality that any others seen today. The Note 4 and Nexus 6 run on Snapdragon 805 (latest) , though the LG3 and this device run on 801 (which is in my opinion fairly great too).

I would personally not move to any device that is not snapdragon.

Last edited:
Reactions: viruscmotu

hobitt14

Oct 19, 2012
Stupid question?

Hello rdosti,

I've been reading this thread about Vibe Z2 Pro, as it looks to be my next phone (hopefully). I have it already pre-ordered, but I am still waiting, as it is not so easy to get on of those devices.

Perhaps this would be a stupid question, but I thought that as you have "stock" android version on the Vibe Z2 Pro, that for example update for Android 5.0 would be pretty straightforward. Can you confirm / decline / comment on that?

I have been using WinPhone for quite some time ,but I've got pretty bored with the lack of the applications in WP store, si I am looking to switch to Android. This Phone would suit me perfectly as it has everything that I need.

Only thing that keeps me hesitating is this Stock / Lenovo version of Android and prospect of new Android upgrades in the upcoming time. :)

Many thanks for the update &

My best regards
petfro

rdosti

Mar 27, 2008
Ahmedabad
www.k.care
You have to wait till Lenovo offers an update for Lolipop (Android L). Its still a Lenovo ROM at the end of the day.

Only the Android One phones and Nexus devices are offered immediate upgrades to the new Android OS.

No other phone no matter what ROM its on gets an immediate upgrade. You need to wait patiently ;)

Reactions: hobitt14

vince_junior

Dec 23, 2010
Manila
O my god! I am so glad that i found this thread! Ive been in the fence whether to buy vibe z2 pro or mate 7. But after reading this, this made me choose the z2.pro.

Thanks rdosti for your review and answering the questions!

Just one question, rdosti. In the reviews i saw at youtube, i cant help but notice that the lenovo ui in the vibe z2 pro is not that snappy. Is that really the case?

hobitt14

Oct 19, 2012

Thank you for the answer rdosti.

So it means, taht it is nice that phone have stock android, but still Lenovo has to make upgrade for newer versions of OS.
For the price, they are asking for this device it is still worth to buy it, since Nexus 6 is much more expensive.

You personally thinks that software upgrade will be available for this device in the future? as I am not that familiar with Lenovo phones, I do have Lenovo laptop and I am more then happy with it.

I heard some rumours about overheating of the device on the internet, and also some complains about software buggs, like wallpapers disappearing, screen lock is not working, random factory resets and so on. Is this true? Any comments on that? :)

Sorry for being pesky and asking a lot of questions, but I was not able to find any review on the web (neither from my country - SVK nor international). Phone was introduced in my country just recently, I mean like 12 days ago.

Thank you &
Best regards.

sacthegreat

Jun 15, 2011
Bangalore
While in the stock UI, Will the lenovo camera app be available? Or will it be the stock camera app with very basic functionality?

Sent from my HTC One max using XDA Free mobile app

Rutz272

Aug 2, 2011
Hello, I have this phone for more than a week. I can answer some of your questions.

hobitt14: The Vibe UI feels great, not bloated but with a lot of additional useful settings. I did NOT notice any lag or overheating.
sacthegreat: There is Lenovo camera app available in the stock UI.

The phone feels great. Love the thin bezels and metallic brushed-wave unibody design. It's really thin and the display is gorgeus. My previous phone was Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and I was deciding between VIBE Z2 Pro and Galaxy Note 4.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Review Z2 Pro vs. the Best Damn Devices

Lenovo Vibe Z2 Pro (Dual SIM)

One of the most un-imaginable 6 inch (Phablets) phones that one could buy is available at a price point of Rs. 32,999 which makes it one of the lowest costing QHD devices available in the market today. I have spent ample time ‘googling’ the device and looking for international reviews and quite disappointed to find none. The phone has been completely ignored which leads to either the question that this is a another Chinese import with some customization here and there, or that this has not been marketed enough and thus, comes as a surprise Diwali deal for all.
    I have used pretty much every device you can think of from the ios Apple – iPhones (entire series), to the Android Samsung S (entire series), to the Notes (everything), Nexus (entire series) all the way to the Microsoft bred Nokia Lumia 1020 and 1500 and more. The Lenovo Vibe Z2 Pro would be the last of my options, except that this year I was fascinated by it’s specs and features. For a 6 inch phablet (Phone + Tablet) this seemed to have quite a lot of things on it’s positives. Right now, the top end Galaxy’s and iPhone are fighting each other with 13 MP to 16 MP Cameras, and HD Displays, whereas the Vibe Z2 Pro enters the arena silently with 16 MP Professional Camera (some compare it the Nokia 1020’s 41 MP PureView camera), which undoubtedly can not be true. However where the Z2 Pro shows dominance is with it’s 4K recording ability and QHD screens making it an interesting device at it’s price point. Also interesting enough it houses a secondary 5 MP camera compared to most devices fighting with 2 MP front face cameras. Designed to look “expensive” and slim, the device is supposed to be quick with a 2.5 Gz Snapdragon 801 Quad Core Processor, which even today doesn’t make me feel that fast with any device except the Nexus 5! Armed with 3 GB RAM, this baby should be as fast my computer – or so I would have imagined. Yet with so much bloat being installed by companies for OEM and Custom UI’s you generally don’t get more than 700 MB of free RAM. I would have personally liked having Android Stock UI, no bloat ware and at least 2 GB RAM all for myself ! Now that would be a real “Snap-Dragon” !

No expandable memory card was an instant turn off for me, and having 32 GB minus the whooping 6 GB OS used storage was a kick in my ass. Leaving me with hardly 24 GB of free storage after deducting other in built apps and files, and no memory card – I felt bloated already. There is OTG support, which means using custom cables you can connect your phone’s charging port to a USB cable (OTG) which will allow you to again connect mass storage drives such as pen drives, flash drives, etc. to your phone. I don’t like the idea because it makes things look messy.

What the Z2 Pro does though – is 6 GB includes an option to switch between the Android UI and it’s custom UI – this is a first in my book’s for a dual mode GUI option which allows people like me switch to Androids GUI. I would imagine that this move, should or would free me up to 1.8 to 2GB’s of RAM, but I need to really check to see if it works. I would personally have hoped to be able to delete the entire Lenovo custom UI and free me up another 2-3GB of space which would probably let me fit a good deal of my music collection and some books to read on my 6 inch…. (no pun intended)…. screen.

Now let me compare some top end devices with the Z2 Pro for you to give you an idea of what kind of a “dragon” this could be. The LG 3 – one of the only qHD phones available is priced similarly at Rs 32,999 has similar specs but a smaller 5.5 inch screen.The LG3 has 550 ppi density because of it’s half inch smaller frame, whereas the Z2 Pro has 490 ppi resolution, which for the extra half inch is noteworthy. Having said that, the Z2 Pro’s quality should be good enough since the human eye can not differentiate screens with higher than around 320 ppi. Where companies have begun new competition is brightness to confuse the user on higher ppi scales. So knowing the Z2 Pro supports 490 ppi for a 6 inch screen sounds wonderful. 3GB Ram sounds like a real treat, since companies like LG and Samsung install GUI and Application bloatware that eventually gives you around 500-600 MB of Free RAM. I personally hate slow phones and with all the things these companies put nowadays, the Samsung S5 was one of the fastest phones to exit my pockets permanently. Now where the Z2 Pro does suffer is – lack of stereo speakers like the Sony Z3 and lack of water proof or water resistant bodies. I would have loved knowing that the Z2 Pro with it’s supposedly professional camera could get into fresh water swimming pools for some fun photos. That’s not the case as the Z2 Pro can’t really do that.

However, it does have a professional camera mode which allows it do use custom camera (manual settings) and really take vivid photographs. Now on a positive note – the Sony Z3 costs Rs. 46,000 while the Z2 Pro as I repeatedly have mentioned is Rs. 32,999 (33,000) which is a Rs.13,000 savings immediately. Also on a side note – the Sony Z3 is a said to be breaking it’s screen fairly quickly, speakers damage when submerged into water is causing problems to Sony’s water proof claims too. When compared to an iPhone – the Z2 Pro runs a different operating system, but if you went straight to the tech specs – Z2 Pro has more RAM, a higher end camera and seems to be made more expensive than the iPhone – however this is yet to be seen as my new iPhone 6 Plus is yet to arrive.

The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 which is expected to launch this week, will be priced around Rs. 52,000 and has a PPI of 515 thanks to it’s super-amoled display. However if you look at the difference between 515 and 490 ppi – it doesnt seem a great deal. That’s where the Z2 Pro which – let me remind you is a 6 inch phablet might be better than the Note 4, which is a 5.7 phablet for a lower price! However, the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 does include a pen, and has writing capabilities which almost no other phone has – which continues to make it unique. That being said, to keep this review fair – the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 has a lower battery life than the Z2 Pro which interesting offers dual sim support, whereby one sim supports 3G/4G/LTE support – but quite surprisingly doesn’t support India’s Airtel LTE network. The second sim card sadly doesn’t support 3G and is good for only 2G networks. The Samsung Note 4 includes the new Snapdragon 805 chipset, which makes it the first device to run the new updated hardware. The new chipset mitigates issues of handling 4K recording as well as QHD screens. The Samsung Note 4 has a 16 MP camera (Front) and a 3.7 MP rear camera, whereas the Z2 Pro has a 16 MP font camera, with a mightier 5 MP rear camera.

Just to remind everyone – higher Mega Pixels are not important for personal photographs whereas the focus lens size is more important for detailed photographs. The MPs come into play only when you want to shoot large images (scenery from a bridge or a hill) or want to take photos for large banners or bill boards. There is no description mentioned around on the Lens of the Z2 Pro and I suspect the camera might be a bit substandard and so mentioning it was neglected. The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 does indeed have a finger print sensor which the Z2 Pro does not have, but interestingly the finger print sensor has not really found any place or value on devices till date. Both devices include NFC and bluetooth. Finally, the Galaxy Note 4 does support expandable memory cards up to 128GB which would therefore allow a 32GB model to store up to 160 GB of data including it’s OS, GUI and other proprietary apps and data. I don’t know if the Note 4 is worth paying the extra Rs. 20,000 premium cost but then again the Note 4 is in a league of it’s own.

My opinion to this is, if you have a budget for a high quality premium device – I would recommend either of the two devices – Lenovo Z2 Pro or the upcoming Nexus 6. Since the Nexus 6 is still not available. I will try to make it easier for you – Lenovo Z2 Pro is a great choice till then.

Disclaimer: This review was written by me on my blog and since there are a few questions being asked, I thought I'd share it with you all.
    No New updates in lollipop?

Sent from my Lenovo K920 using XDA Free mobile app

None. The lenovo people in the lenovo forum are quiet. A lot of people are already mad.
    @sacthegreat, wow thats great! So you are confirming that even if the device is rooted, it still can receive the OTA update? But did the update unroot your phone? Did you have to reroot?

Thanks for asking this question! I hadn't checked! Yup root was gone.. but prerooted apps were still working fine..
    But with the towel root app, it got rooted in 2 seconds again!

And yes, even when it's rooted, you do receive ota updates! Hats off to lenovo!

Sent from my Lenovo K920 using XDA Free mobile app
    Battery issues

Those who are not getting adequate battery life... Use the power management app... It makes a lot of difference...
    No thread yet dedicated for the lenovo vibe z2 pro?