• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Viber Wear OS

Search This thread

GrimEire

Nov 17, 2013
Anyone else install the viber app on wear OS?

If so are you just getting the message "you installed Viber! See messages and stickers right from your watch" when you open it. I dont see anything else just that messages. I dont understand why there is even an app if this is all it does.

I was hoping to be able to see all my viber messages on my phone and be able to read and create messages to/from specific people instead i just get the attached message.

Anyone know if this is all the app is suppose to do?

Attachments

• viber_image_2021-09-15_12-57-53-580.png
    viber_image_2021-09-15_12-57-53-580.png
    23 KB · Views: 3

SKAm69

Oct 2, 2009
Yes, it just helps delivering messages notifications to a watch.
There is no Wear OS optimized version of standalone Viber application (like there is Telegram for Wear OS (latest version 1.3.2 released in 2019)) but you can try sideloading regular Android Viber apk. Some lighter app versions might work pretty well in regards of text messaging actually. But I doubt that things like video calls and other heavy resource demand features would work, so expect crashes and freezes if you try to enable it.
There are also alternative messaging clients available (like the one from appfour), so it might help as well.

Reactions: GrimEire

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes, it just helps delivering messages notifications to a watch.
    There is no Wear OS optimized version of standalone Viber application (like there is Telegram for Wear OS (latest version 1.3.2 released in 2019)) but you can try sideloading regular Android Viber apk. Some lighter app versions might work pretty well in regards of text messaging actually. But I doubt that things like video calls and other heavy resource demand features would work, so expect crashes and freezes if you try to enable it.
    There are also alternative messaging clients available (like the one from appfour), so it might help as well.