Viber

Search This thread

sfkaudi

Mar 8, 2011
Silkeborg
Is anyone having issues with viber to like me
Installed and open to welcoming screen! Press continue, then white screen! Nothing more happens
Only way to close it, is remove it from reason apps list.

Tryed several times and still no go

Sent from my G8141 using XDA-Developers Legacy app

xximmortalxx

Jun 12, 2017
Viber freeze -white screen same issue

Got same issue. Contacted Viber they stated : clear cache-restart-redownload and reinstall-tried but did not work- so have sent reply mail confirming application problem with the phone).

Reactions: sfkaudi

alexaka1

Sep 16, 2016
Miskolc
me too
Just got my phone from my carrier store, and I installed all of my used apps, and I'm activating them one by one, Viber seems to not work at all
I get the welcome screent, press next, white screen. After some wild swiping I get the screen asking for my number, I enter it, then the app just crashes to the launcher screen, and it doesnt even start after it. Completely dead. Only full cache wipe starts it again, but above mentioned problem occurs every time.

Edit: contancted Viber support, they said they are very sorry, they are looking into the problem and looking for a fix.

Last edited:

tomo100brt

Feb 25, 2011
Try installing ver. 6.7.0 :good:;)

I had the same problem. I installed version 6.7.0 and everything is OK. But after update to latest version app force closes. I left it on the newest version and waited for update. And gess what? After one day force closes stoped and now everything is working just fine.

sfkaudi

Mar 8, 2011
Silkeborg
I had the same problem. I installed version 6.7.0 and everything is OK. But after update to latest version app force closes. I left it on the newest version and waited for update. And gess what? After one day force closes stoped and now everything is working just fine.
Did it to, but open it after force closes 4-5 times then working perfectly now
After update to latest version
Still think it's a bug in latest update

Sent from my G8141 using XDA-Developers Legacy app

tomo100brt

Feb 25, 2011
I got update few minutes ago and it force close again. After many force closes it works again. After 15 minutes it force closes again. We need real fix.

Last edited:

Spaniard97

Jun 14, 2017
I just tried installing viber as well, version 6.5.9.5 and I also have the white screen after "Welcome to Viber". Sent an email to viber as well but seems we may just have to wait. Has anyone been able to get it to work?

cporeaux

Feb 6, 2008
Near Lyon, France
Hi,
Problem with european/France version of G8142 (Android 7.1.1 , build 45.0.A.1.229).
6.9.5.9 => Battery drain and locekd with empty page after first page.
Not working with un/install or data wipe out (even with ES Explorer popup to clean this data)

Maybe next release ;)

Edit 22/06/2017: Same behaviour with 7.0.0.8 (tried with upgrade, fresh install, data clean...). Maybe next release ;)

Last edited:

yashau

Jul 16, 2011
New update fixes it for me. Make sure to clear cache for Viber after updating.

Sent from my G8142 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Viber freeze -white screen same issue

Got same issue. Contacted Viber they stated : clear cache-restart-redownload and reinstall-tried but did not work- so have sent reply mail confirming application problem with the phone).