Vibrant won't do turn on

Search This thread

gagb1967

Aug 23, 2010
Duluth, USA
First, Get the Shipping rom (pit and tar files) so you can ODIN back to stock
Be sure you have the newest version of ODIN
Then remove the battery, plug the USB to the PC.
Now put the battery back.
Press both vol keys (up and down) and hold.
That should get you in Download Mode.
If it does not work, take battery out, unmplug USB.
Put battery back and try again to go into download mode.

Now you put the wrong version of froyo, if your keys maps are changed you may be screwed
If so, good luck! You are gonna need a lot of research to see if you can save it

krazy2o6

Dec 29, 2010
If anyone else could help me with this, it would be great. I'm in between a rock and a wall right now with my phone.

jmcghee1973

Oct 27, 2010
Chillicothe, Ohio
Hehehehe...I bricked mine yesterday. I disabled voodoo via Voodoo Toggle and waited for Linda to convert. I loaded up Odin and put in my pit & tar for JFD, which I always use, and hit start. I was on Nero v3 going to flash Nero v4 when it came out. I got a Fail part of the way through. The phone won't power on at all.....A popup says Windows can't recognize the device plugged into usb...

I think people are confusing things here and there...if your phone won't power on at all, you can't get help...you can't get into download mode to odin or recover it.

Like mine, for instance, there is no amount of times taking the battery out or doing this or that is gonna fix it..We need to read the post before we try to offer help...IF IT WON'T POWER ON how can people post ways to ODIN or RECOVER...

I'm just sayin....

Reactions: Jelly419

krazy2o6

Dec 29, 2010
Hehehehe...I bricked mine yesterday. I disabled voodoo via Voodoo Toggle and waited for Linda to convert. I loaded up Odin and put in my pit & tar for JFD, which I always use, and hit start. I was on Nero v3 going to flash Nero v4 when it came out. I got a Fail part of the way through. The phone won't power on at all.....A popup says Windows can't recognize the device plugged into usb...

I think people are confusing things here and there...if your phone won't power on at all, you can't get help...you can't get into download mode to odin or recover it.

Like mine, for instance, there is no amount of times taking the battery out or doing this or that is gonna fix it..We need to read the post before we try to offer help...IF IT WON'T POWER ON how can people post ways to ODIN or RECOVER...

I'm just sayin....

Well right now I'm simply trying to get the phone to turn on which it won't, I was not asking for help to odin or recover. I was trying to ask if anyone else had this problem and if my phone is totally killed or if there's a possibility that i can save it. But thanks for your 2 cents.

ech419

Jan 9, 2011
Me too

I had ordered Samsung Vibrant Unlocked from T-Mobile USA around a month back. I am well past the 30 day replacement now.

I Rooted it updated to Axura 2.2.5.9

After all the procedure got completed, I rebooted the phone and now it just won't start at all.

My piece is Hardware Locked wherein I can't get into the Recovery Mode, but can get into the Download Mode. But I am not even able to get into the Download mode now.

It just won't freaking turn on. :(

If I send it over for repair, as the phone is a rooted one, will I void the warranty ?

Please reply quickly. I am starting to freak out. :(

Last edited:

jmcghee1973

Oct 27, 2010
Chillicothe, Ohio
OK... I want to be the first to eat my words here!!!!!

I tried one last time...just now

I took everything out and only held the volume keys. I plugged in the USB cable to the PC and then to the phone & put the battery in and BAM!!!!! it came on in Download mode

This way has NEVER worked for me without holding the power button. This phone was in all senses of the word "DEAD". I figured I would give it a try with just the volume keys.

Last edited:
Reactions: alberto02005

iynfynity

Sep 21, 2010

I took everything out and only held the volume keys. I plugged in the USB cable to the PC and then to the phone & put the battery in and BAM!!!!! it came on in Download mode

This way has NEVER worked for me without holding the power button. This phone was in all senses of the word "DEAD". I figured I would give it a try with just the volume keys.

lol you must be very happy after that, good to great that.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

gmoney007

Jan 12, 2011

I got the same issue and this isn't working for me.
are there any other ideas?

it is completely dead. I am using a new battery and a known good usb cable to the computer.
I have tried holding all three buttons...just the vol up and down...vol up and power...etc... and nothing.

I even created that little JTAG thingy that I found on YouTube...that did nothing also

Last edited:

IClassStriker

Jan 23, 2011
Different Situation

I have a similar problem with my Vibrant.

I reset my battery stats and also disabled VooDoo lagfix, and after i tried to reboot the phone, it froze on the vibrant screen.

I tried using soome of the methods that you guys posted before me, but then after i turn it on it shows an icon that there is a connection problem between the phone and PC.

I CAN turn on the phone, is there a way to just like reset everything? and if so how?

Thanks!

TJBunch1228

Feb 6, 2010
I have a similar problem with my Vibrant.

I reset my battery stats and also disabled VooDoo lagfix, and after i tried to reboot the phone, it froze on the vibrant screen.

I tried using soome of the methods that you guys posted before me, but then after i turn it on it shows an icon that there is a connection problem between the phone and PC.

I CAN turn on the phone, is there a way to just like reset everything? and if so how?

Thanks!

If your phone powers on at all, you should be able to get into DL mode. Follow the instructions on how to revert to stock via ODIN.

XPLANE9

Aug 29, 2010
In reply to the OP, if you tried the download mode method:

connect phone to usb
pull out battery
hold both volume sticks
put in batttery

and the phone still does not turn on even after multiple tries , well you're a bit screwed. But, Samsung cannot detect if the phone has been rooted if it cannot even turn on. ;) Just tell them the Kies Mini update bricked the phone.

bartek25

Sep 7, 2010
lONGISLAND
omg leave ur phone on charger for 10 min, pull battery out when hooked up to charger put battery back in , let sit for few min pull battery out hook up phone to computer hold vol up vol down pop battery in , helped ? np this has been answered gazilion times in other threads

btw it takes few try this way to get it back up running so dont stop on first , hey .

jmcghee1973

Oct 27, 2010
Chillicothe, Ohio
If you have the phone!pc problem..connect to odin & see if your showing a COM port .... just flash pit & tar if you do. Without download mode

Sent from Bionix V powered Vibrant

bartek25

Sep 7, 2010
lONGISLAND
my phone shut off and now it won't turn on. I don't get a battery charge screen or anything. The phone's just blank.....

If you have the phone!pc problem..connect to odin & see if your showing a COM port .... just flash pit & tar if you do. Without download mode

yes u do that it makes sense lol

nzahorchak

Oct 25, 2010
Toronto
I got the same issue and this isn't working for me.
are there any other ideas?

it is completely dead. I am using a new battery and a known good usb cable to the computer.
I have tried holding all three buttons...just the vol up and down...vol up and power...etc... and nothing.

I even created that little JTAG thingy that I found on YouTube...that did nothing also

You're talking about a DIY Jig. A JTAG is completely different. They cost $150-300. You can pay to have a local repair shop jtag it for around $50 or send it to Samsung to repair/replace. I'm still trying to find out how much Samsung would charge for the repair if it's deemed out of warranty.

kwanitt

Dec 25, 2010
Bangkok
If your phone refuses to turn on no matter what you do and it gets warm or hot if you leave the battery in it, read on:

I hope my suggestion is not too late. I was in the situation before. I tried everything everyone said here and somewhere else. None of them works.

The reason that those methods don't work because you cannot get to download or recovery mode or even the pc-phone screen since your phone won't turn on. The reason that your phone doesn't turn on because the bootloader has been messed up. A jig will work only if your phone can be turned on somehow.

Three possible solutions:
1. Repair or replace it with T-mobile, or
2. Get someone to repair it with a riff box or other similar tool, or
3. Get the box and fix it yourself (not recommended if you are not familiar with electronic stuff.)

This is the link for the same problem you have; this guy bought the box and has his phone fixed himself. If you live in US, he may do it for you if you have no place to go. It does hurt to ask.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=974862&page=6

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'm just sayin....