[VIDEO] Adobe Flash Install for Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Search This thread

chrisngrod

Jul 29, 2008
Des Moines, IA

I know HTML5 has been widely adopted. Let's face it though. There are sites which will not change over and resources which are Flash based that will never be converted. That's why I always install Flash Player on my Android devices.

Note: Search function on XDA is disabled. Not sure if this is a repost here. If it is, sorry. Two, I did make a couple of errors on the video. I have a young baby girl that needs a lot of attention. I did not reshoot.

Prep

Make sure you go to settings > general tab > security and allow install from unknown locations.

Download

Flash download link: http://flash.cricketusers.com

Go to that link from your device. It will start the download automatically. This is a version I've used for a number of devices for a good amount of time.

Browsers

Download your favorite browser. It won't work on stock, and it won't work on all browsers in general. I'm sure people will start to chime in one what worked and what didn't.

Dolphin Browser - works and it is my choice because it allows for an always on option. This device is powerful, and I think it can process most sites with ease.
Boat Browser - didn't see an always on option here. Looks like it has to be on demand. This means you have to click the little download icon to load the Flash object. That was one of the errors in the video.
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, gripes, b..., moans, etc feel free to post a reply! :p

KitKat 4.4 Update

I don't have the S4 with me anymore, but below is a video of flash player being installed on my wife's Nexus 5.

The modified flash apk has been placed at: http://flash2.cricketusers.com

Last edited:

marthinollys

Apr 25, 2013
I believe the Adobe Flash Player works fine on the stock Android browser, at least on high end Samsung devices ( I have the Note 2 ). I install from and regularly check for updates on the official Adobe site. Just search archived flash player versions.

formerly 'holly'

fabolous04

Feb 10, 2009
yea I ran through a few browsers attempting to getva certain flash site to work. dolphin, stock, boat, and chrome gave me audio but no video.

puffin works great

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

TJCacher

Jul 11, 2006
Springfield, MO
I believe the Adobe Flash Player works fine on the stock Android browser, at least on high end Samsung devices ( I have the Note 2 ). I install from and regularly check for updates on the official Adobe site. Just search archived flash player versions.

formerly 'holly'

That's what I thought too, but after reading this topic thread I went back to my stock browser on my 2-day old Note 3 to check. Sure enough, the flash plug-in I side-loaded an hour after bringing my phone home doesn't work on the stock browser on the Note 3. It did on my Note 2.

Using Boat and it seems to still work fine there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A

Last edited:

jbryson16

Jul 9, 2010
Louisville
Far as I know it is the only version that comes up when you search the play store. You do have to go into the Dolphin settings and select flash always on

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1381723986191.jpg
    1381723986191.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 1,266

srtpusher

Jul 20, 2007
san antonio

formerly 'holly'

you know... there are differences between the note 2 and 3... one being the stock browser no longer supports flash.

HZNBRG

Oct 16, 2013
Downloaded and installed. I can confirm it works with the Chrome browser. Thanks OP.

marthinollys

Apr 25, 2013
Scroll down to

Flash Player for Android 4.0 archives.

The one ending in .81. Apparently it's the final Flash update.

from the Note 3 using Tapatalk.
(formerly 'holly' )

marthinollys

Apr 25, 2013
Hm, I tried 11.1.115.81 and it didn't work for me in either Chrome or Dolphin. Also, it's a different file length than the flashplayer.apk linked to in the OP.

I haven't checked the OP but Adobe regularly updated Flash Player for Android to patch security vulnerabilities. The .81 link is the latest and, as it turns out, final version so it's not surprising that the file length is different.

Chrome for Android has never supported Flash. Dolphin does, or at least it used to. But I haven't used Dolphin in a long while so I'm not sure why it isn't working for you.

from the Note 3 using Tapatalk.
(formerly 'holly' )

Last edited:

Mad383Max

Dec 20, 2009
Hm, I tried 11.1.115.81 and it didn't work for me in either Chrome or Dolphin. Also, it's a different file length than the flashplayer.apk linked to in the OP.

Doesn't work for me either. Fails at setup. Will try another browser.

Techweed

Oct 7, 2012
I would have used Dolphin with this but Dolphin along with basically any other browser I install has terrible stuttering scrolling on the Note 3. So for now I'm using Chrome Beta which shows the least amount of stuttering.

My need for flash has greatly been reduced over time but it's great we still have a method for using it. Thanks OP.

Gary02468

Jul 25, 2011
I haven't checked the OP but Adobe regularly updated Flash Player for Android to patch security vulnerabilities. The .81 link is the latest and, as it turns out, final version so it's not surprising that the file length is different.

Right so does anyone know which version, if any, on the Adobe download page corresponds to the link in the OP? The .81 version doesn't seem to work on my Note 3, and I'd rather use a download straight from Adobe if there's one that works.

jbryson16

Jul 9, 2010
Louisville
Right so does anyone know which version, if any, on the Adobe download page corresponds to the link in the OP? The .81 version doesn't seem to work on my Note 3, and I'd rather use a download straight from Adobe if there's one that works.

The only way I've been able to use flash is with the link in the OP and dolphin. Even then dolphin crashes sometimes when using flash

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I know HTML5 has been widely adopted. Let's face it though. There are sites which will not change over and resources which are Flash based that will never be converted. That's why I always install Flash Player on my Android devices.

Note: Search function on XDA is disabled. Not sure if this is a repost here. If it is, sorry. Two, I did make a couple of errors on the video. I have a young baby girl that needs a lot of attention. I did not reshoot.

Prep

Make sure you go to settings > general tab > security and allow install from unknown locations.

Download

Flash download link: http://flash.cricketusers.com

Go to that link from your device. It will start the download automatically. This is a version I've used for a number of devices for a good amount of time.

Browsers

Download your favorite browser. It won't work on stock, and it won't work on all browsers in general. I'm sure people will start to chime in one what worked and what didn't.

Dolphin Browser - works and it is my choice because it allows for an always on option. This device is powerful, and I think it can process most sites with ease.
    Boat Browser - didn't see an always on option here. Looks like it has to be on demand. This means you have to click the little download icon to load the Flash object. That was one of the errors in the video.
    If you have any questions, comments, concerns, gripes, b..., moans, etc feel free to post a reply! :p

KitKat 4.4 Update

I don't have the S4 with me anymore, but below is a video of flash player being installed on my wife's Nexus 5.

The modified flash apk has been placed at: http://flash2.cricketusers.com

Yes the link in op is 11.1. I just tried a flash site to see it worked and it didn't. Any tips you can pass on?

You should just be able to install and it work. Unless the site you are using requires flash version > 11.1 it should work... I can post my apk later today if you wanna try it. I'll do an md5 on both files to see if mine is any different.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A
    Sorry about the wait, The MD5 sum of the file is different then the one in this thread.

give it a shot.

https://mega.co.nz/#!DQM1nL7Y!Vr83M12pw3tULxNjwfIEOFBb6BFHJ9HqEJAQ0IABXTw

Also another file downloader... just realized how much of a pain that mega site can be on mobile.

http://www.filedropper.com/comadobeflashplayer-4943f268f94e4325ce04b846096675e9

sorry, it's been a while since i have uploaded files for public use.

if you guys have a better site to use let me know.
    Here is a screenshot of 2 different browsers running the same site on my Note 3 the top is Angel Browser which has flash support the bottom one is Dolphin Browser which does not have flash support as you can see it depends on your browser as to whether or not the thread is going to help you

My Galaxy Note 3 Is A Definite Go!!!!!
    If my last post seemed a little smartassed then it was meant to because people can't get something to work for them and they want you to prove you got it working lol

My Galaxy Note 3 Is A Definite Go!!!!!

Sorry if it seemed I was asking for proof. Really just trying to be helpful. It's so hard to get just the right tone sometimes when writing, and I guess I failed this time.

Anyway, I'm very glad to be wrong about this issue. Glad you got it working!

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk Pro