Video bootanimation on Amlogic boxes

Search This thread

Downunder35m

Jul 23, 2010
In my search to find a way to disable the fixed bootanimation on my X96 I not only found the solution but also some nice "feature".

A normal bootanimation comes as a bootanimation.zip and usually without sound.
A video boot is a MP4 file with sound and all ;)

To enable video boot a line in the build.prop needs to be edited/added:
service.bootvideo=1 this enables the bootvideo, service.bootvideo=0 makes use of the normal bootanimation.zip, same for not having this line.
The actual bootvideo is as said a MP4 file named bootvideo and is located in the etc folder of the system partition - if not you need to make one ;)
Any resolution the box supports can be used here but for obvious reasons it should be only as long as the actual boot might take.
There should be a file bootplayer inside the /system/bin folder - this is used to play the video.
In case it still won't work with all the above files you need to add a service in the init.amlogic.rc file of your kernel.
Code:
service bootvideo /system/bin/bootplayer /system/etc/bootvideo
    class main
    user root
    group system
    disabled
    oneshot

I tested and confirmed it works with basically any MP4 video on my X96 but assume it should work the same way on all 3.14 kernels.

Attachments

• Amlogic_videoboot.zip
    10.1 MB · Views: 3,641

Pily_W

May 1, 2015
yadi.sk
Another option, you can do so
Code:
#service bootvideo /system/bin/bootplayer /system/etc/bootvideo
service bootvideo /system/bin/bootvideoplay.sh
    class main
    user root
    group system
    disabled
    oneshot
and place to /system/bin/bootvideoplay.sh with this
Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
MARK=/data/media/0/Download/bootvideo
if [ -f $MARK ]; then
bootplayer /data/media/0/Download/bootvideo
else
bootplayer  /system/etc/bootvideo
fi
If there is a file /data/media/0/Download/bootvideo (internal sdcard) , will be play this video

Downunder35m

Jul 23, 2010
Checked the way with the script but no matter what I try it simply shows no video at all.
But works fine by just using the medi folder instead of ETC, SDCARD won't work either.
For the SD it makes no difference is SDCARD is used for the path or the direct mountpoint.
Seems the bootplayer is a bit restricted if it does not run directly as a service.
But can't be bothered too much as I only use one video anyway LOL

cesarthierry

Aug 18, 2017
Still image

There is a way to remove the X96 image as the first image? I changed the video all ok, but the image before bootvideo remains the same. What is tha file that I need to change? Thanks a lot!!!

Downunder35m

Jul 23, 2010
That would be the bootlogo, flash a new one or use an app tp change it.
I only exchange them together with the firmware and so far did not bother otherwise.

ersfreezy

Mar 5, 2018
In my search to find a way to disable the fixed bootanimation on my X96 I not only found the solution but also some nice "feature".

service.bootvideo=1 this enables the bootvideo, service.bootvideo=0 makes use of the normal bootanimation.zip, same for not having this line.
The actual bootvideo is as said a MP4 file named bootvideo and is located in the etc folder of the system partition - if not you need to make one ;)
Any resolution the box supports can be used here but for obvious reasons it should be only as long as the actual boot might take.
There should be a file bootplayer inside the /system/bin folder - this is used to play the video.
In case it still won't work with all the above files you need to add a service in the init.amlogic.rc file of your kernel.
Code:
    class main
    user root
    group system
    disabled
    oneshot

I tested and confirmed it works with basically any MP4 video on my X96 but assume it should work the same way on all 3.14 kernels.

Hello,

I set the 1 in the build.prop, added the line to the init.amlogic.rc and put my mp4 intro video and your attached files to the places. 1. Reboot -> I become your x96 bootvideo. I deleted the bootvideo file from your attached files and I dont become a bootvideo. Whats wrong? My bootvideo.mp4 is already in the system/etc/

nigam214

Nov 14, 2018
getting permission error

unfortunately, I am getting permission issue. I have verified that I am root and write permission to root. I am using X96mini Amlogic Box . any help?

p281:/ # whoami
root

p281:/ # cp /sdcard/virtukiosk-video-v1.mp4 /system/etc/bootvideo1
cp: /system/etc/bootvideo1: Read-only file system

1|p281:/ # ls -ld /system/etc/bootvideo
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 9149031 2017-10-09 09:31 /system/etc/bootvideo

p281:/ # ls -ld /system/etc
drwxr-xr-x 13 root root 4096 2017-10-09 09:48 /system/etc

p281:/ # ls -ld /system
drwxr-xr-x 20 root root 4096 2018-01-04 17:49 /system

p281:/ #

Last edited:

ziperman

Dec 13, 2016
Thank you! works perfectly.
I just edit the build.prop seems it was there (bootvideo and bootplayer) already in my MXIII S802 box.

@ nigam214
Try to use EZ Explorer or any Root explorer for easy File transfer.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:
        class main
        user root
        group system
        disabled
        oneshot