[Video/Guide]Dual Boot N910F/G SnapDragon Variant

Search This thread

cnn888

Dec 13, 2008
Hey guys! Developer of the app here. Feel free to ask me any questions you have. I've subscribed to this thread (but quote me for good measure so I get 2 email notifications :p)

so i followed the instruction and flashed the cm12 official (just downloaded from the site). but the phone is bootlooping. can you help?

B

bnghty

tried from AICP 5.1 to dual boot with a TW rom but it bootlooped. any idea if its only from TW from CM?

Suzano-Sho

Jul 7, 2012
Hey, just wanted to let you guys know that, on my N910T running CM12 nightly, and following the instructions, this worked like a charm!...

Don't know if it's of any significance or not but CM is based on lollipop while the ROM I flashed as my secondary (Hyperdrive) is based on 4.4 KitKat...

No problems so far whatsoever!...

MafiaDroid

Apr 11, 2012
Lisbon
www.kmztec.com
Now i have simplrom v3 and cm12 but i can root the second rom..how i root the second rom? I try flash on odin the cfroot but doesnt work

edit: i patch the supersu.zip edit the line and flash do dual rom and Done! Thanks!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dual Boot N910F Snap Dragon Variant

I am using this on SM-N910F Snapdragon Variant of the Note 4, I don't know whether this will work with some other Note 4 Variant.

Download the most recent snapshot release of Dual Boot Patcher and install it on your Note 4.

2i7xwk2.jpg

In Dual Boot Patcher go to ROMS and you will see your Primary , press the 3dotmenu key and click "set kernel".

fk1rag.jpg

Choose Samsung Galaxy Note 4 from the drop menu.

34j3xog.jpg

Now you will have to patch CyanogenMod ROM and Gapps to make them perfect for dual booting.

nmg5n4.jpg

In the Dual Boot Patcher application select patch zip file (CM12) and now find the ROM and patch.(Repeat this same step with Gapps)

1z4akbb.jpg

2j0zfi8.jpg

Now you need to download /Install Dual Boot Apk by @rlorange. After installation launch and wait to finishing loading then close patch.

ejgeau.jpg

Now Copy Patched ROM to Sdcard/Patchmultiboot/Dual, And launch Dual boot from App drawer.

wcbk1h.jpg

Now you should see the CM 12 Patched ROM loaded in Dual as shown in the below screenshot, Click on the File and wait for the patching to completed. Once completed successfully then you should see Patched file Moved from Sdcard/Patchmultiboot/Dual to Sdcard/Patchmultiboot/Patched_files Repeat this same step with Gapps.

50jngj.jpg

Now Boot into recovery and Flas the files ROM and Gapps files from Sdcard/Patchmultiboot/Patched_files, Now your device will boot into New Rom.

Go into the Dual Boot Patcher app and set the kernel for your second ROM.

Use Swap Roms to switch between Roms.

Note: During installation of ROM if Recovery Freezes at chroot environment then follow this:

In side patched ROM.zip now you will see Multiboot/info.prop

Open this and edit the last line and the last line should look like this.

mbtool.installer.install-location=dual

I've removed "#" and at the end replaced with dual.

I've used zproarchiver from mobile to edit this I recommended you also to do use thus or in PC use winrar I don't recommend extracting the ROM completely.

Video Guide

Dual Boot Setup

I have requested @chenxiaolong to provide support to N910G and he told it should be up soon.
    Thanks for such a Quick Response and adding support to our device N910G @chenxiaolong

Credits/ Thanks:
    Original Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2447534
    @ rlorange
    @chenxiaolong
    @other XDAmembers​
    Hey guys! Developer of the app here. Feel free to ask me any questions you have. I've subscribed to this thread (but quote me for good measure so I get 2 email notifications :p)
    hi, i tried to patch cm12 to dualboot on my note 3 hlte but when i open for the second time "dual boot" app to load the rom in secondary slot, i see the message "checking for zip binary integrity" for long time but nothing happens...why?? sorry, i KNOW that this thread is for Note 4 (and not note 3) but the thread for my device doesn't exist (but the app dual boot patcher is compatible for my device) and i don't know how i can resolve this problem..thanks a lot
    Dual Boot N910F Snap Dragon Variant

I am using this on SM-N910F Snapdragon Variant of the Note 4, I don't know whether this will work with some other Note 4 Variant.

Download the most recent snapshot release of Dual Boot Patcher and install it on your Note 4.

2i7xwk2.jpg

In Dual Boot Patcher go to ROMS and you will see your Primary , press the 3dotmenu key and click "set kernel".

fk1rag.jpg

Choose Samsung Galaxy Note 4 from the drop menu.

34j3xog.jpg

Now you will have to patch CyanogenMod ROM and Gapps to make them perfect for dual booting.

nmg5n4.jpg

In the Dual Boot Patcher application select patch zip file (CM12) and now find the ROM and patch.(Repeat this same step with Gapps)

1z4akbb.jpg

2j0zfi8.jpg

Now you need to download /Install Dual Boot Apk by @rlorange. After installation launch and wait to finishing loading then close patch.

ejgeau.jpg

Now Copy Patched ROM to Sdcard/Patchmultiboot/Dual, And launch Dual boot from App drawer.

wcbk1h.jpg

Now you should see the CM 12 Patched ROM loaded in Dual as shown in the below screenshot, Click on the File and wait for the patching to completed. Once completed successfully then you should see Patched file Moved from Sdcard/Patchmultiboot/Dual to Sdcard/Patchmultiboot/Patched_files Repeat this same step with Gapps.

50jngj.jpg

Now Boot into recovery and Flas the files ROM and Gapps files from Sdcard/Patchmultiboot/Patched_files, Now your device will boot into New Rom.

Go into the Dual Boot Patcher app and set the kernel for your second ROM.

Use Dual boot to switch between Roms.

I have requested @chenxiaolong to provide support to N910G and he told it should be up soon.
    Thanks for such a Quick Response and adding support to our device N910G @chenxiaolong

Credits/ Thanks:
    Original Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2447534
    @ rlorange
    @chenxiaolong
    @other XDAmembers​

You are crazy. I like that :D Really missed MultiBoot