[Video Guide] OnePlus 3/3T unlock booloader, Root, TWRP, and how to update

Search This thread
Jun 9, 2016
Unlocking the Bootloader, Rooting, installing TWRP, or even a simple task of updating the OnePlus 3/3T to the latest Oxygen OS firmware can get a little tricky for beginners.
Here is a video series for all the visual learners. OnePlus is a stunning community and I felt like I should contribute.
I am putting all the official links for the respective files and downloads so not to violate any policies of the forum.

Before you proceed, please visit the OnePlus written tutorials page to know more about what this page is about.

How to update OnePlus 3/3T easily via stock recovery without root?

This procedure requires the full firmware package found on the official OnePlus downloads page -Latest Open Betas.
The latest official Oxygen OS version is 4.1.1 and Open Beta 13. So if you want to update to the latest one, please download the full ROM zip and follow the video guide below.

Downloads:
Oxygen OS 4.1.1 for OnePlus 3 direct link.
Oxygen OS 4.1.1 for OnePlus 3T XDA link.

How to Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus 3/3T any Oxygen OS version?

This is must before you root or install a custom recovery like TWRP. It is highly recommended that you gain enough information about all the terms we are using in this tutorial. Like what is root, TWRP, bootloader, firmware, etc. and most importantly, as yourself why do you need this?
Requirements:
ADB and Fastboot setup on Windows/Mac/Linux
Fastboot command used: fastboot oem unlock

How to Root OnePlus 3/3T on latest Nougat firmware via TWRP?

Must go through the Unlock Bootloader procedure before this. Tested on latest Oxygen OS 4.1.
Requirements:
Latest TWRP for OnePlus 3
Official TWRP for OnePlus 3T
Latest SuperSU - Version used in the tutorial is SuperSU 2.79 SR3
Fastboot command used:
fastboot flash recovery [filename.extension]

How to easily switch between Official and Beta versions via third-party Local upgrade app?

Make sure you only use the latest versions of Oxygen OS running similar Nougat versions. Due to file partition changes in Marshmallow and Nougat, it is not recommended to flash Oxygen OS 3.5.8 from OOS 4.1.
Requirements:
Local Upgrade app

Please request more videos if you need. I will try making videos with better editing. If moderators think of removing any link, please do.

Last edited by a moderator: